Sign in to follow this  
jmph

The Typical Nigerian Scam

jmph

Hello, I hope this could help some of the sellers that could be victims of this SCAM, this is an example of what just happened for second occasion to me the same day I try to sell something, which becomes annoying because now i have to wait 7 days, fill a snc and thats time and money.

I received this email, for two different products but if you notice the names of the email address are very similars:

User ↓ Blocked on

kimsmith0019 (-1) Blacklisted - United States

nancysmith010 (no ratings) Blacklisted - United States

this was the email:

Hello seller,

How are you doing?.Just bought your item on BidorBuy.I will like to know if it is the present condition as you have written.I will like you to know am buying this for my Husband as a Birthday gift as it falls next week okay..

I will like you to know i will be paying with PayPal as this is what we use here,but if you don't have a PayPal account have you can give me your Bank Account,then the money will be credited into the account by PayPal okay...I will like you to check for the Shipping cost of the item through EMS to:

State: Lagos

City:Ikeja

Zip code:23401

I await your soonest reply okay..

Many Thanks

Nancy

Now I wonder it's there any way to avoid this and make the sell process easier and safer

thanks

qball

We unfortunately cannot always prevent this from happening. You are completely safe as long as you do not ship the goods. Please report these users to us immediately. You are welcome to relist the items immediately if it is confirmed they are fraudulent buyers, however, as per the SNC process you will only be able to file the SNC after 7 days.

Thank you

Cuan

jmph

relist

We unfortunately cannot always prevent this from happening. You are completely safe as long as you do not ship the goods. Please report these users to us immediately. You are welcome to relist the items immediately if it is confirmed they are fraudulent buyers, however, as per the SNC process you will only be able to file the SNC after 7 days.

Thank you

Cuan

Thanks for your answer, how could I relist, when I go to details of my sell, it says "copy or relist" but only allow me to copy the sell...

qball
Thanks for your answer, how could I relist, when I go to details of my sell, it says "copy or relist" but only allow me to copy the sell...

That is correct, it will take you back into the listing creation page, where you can simply change the dates, and then confirm and save the listing again.

qzcreativeit

Nigerian Scam - Ursula Smith

The following 'byer' (Ursula Smith) follows the Nigerian scam pattern almost to the "T". With her husband being in West Africa. Here is her message:

Hello seller i just bought your item on bidorbuy,i would like you to know that i am getting it for my husband who is currently in west Africa.

Kindly check for the total shipment cost to his location below via EMS:

State:Lagos

City:Ketu

Zip-code:23401

Asap i read back from you i would get the payment done via PayPal and if you do not have a PayPal Account just provide me with your full banking details so that when i get the payment done via PayPal it would be credited into your Bank Account.

Thanks.

BidorBuy doesn't offer Paypal payments does it?! Either way..

Can I list this as SNC immediately or do I have to wait the 7 days?! I don't want this sale to drag out for months and would rather just get my success fee back and relist.

Dave

Edited by admin
Removed email address

admin
The following 'byer' (Ursula Smith) follows the Nigerian scam pattern almost to the "T". With her husband being in West Africa. Here is her message:

Hello seller i just bought your item on bidorbuy,i would like you to know that i am getting it for my husband who is currently in west Africa.

Kindly check for the total shipment cost to his location below via EMS:

State:Lagos

City:Ketu

Zip-code:23401

Asap i read back from you i would get the payment done via PayPal and if you do not have a PayPal Account just provide me with your full banking details so that when i get the payment done via PayPal it would be credited into your Bank Account.

Thanks.

BidorBuy doesn't offer Paypal payments does it?! Either way..

Can I list this as SNC immediately or do I have to wait the 7 days?! I don't want this sale to drag out for months and would rather just get my success fee back and relist.

Dave

ursulasmith1 (no ratings) Blacklisted

Hi qzcreativeit,

You can re-list the item and file the SNC when available. :wink:

qzcreativeit

in 7 days?! But the user's email is blacklisted already, surely that falls outside the usual 'I can't get hold of the buyer' rules? Is there no way you can fast track that.. I really don't want to wait 7 days ..

qzcreativeit

Okay. It's Saturday night.. I'm blonde! Nevermind. I get what you're saying.. I'll re-list and file SNC for this one in 7 days... sorry for being thick! :P