Sign in to follow this  
fanie za

How to resolve a SNC

fanie za

Some weeks ago I bought an item from a seller. Shortly after concluding the deal but before paying, the seller advised me that the DVD player is defective. I was upset that he did not check the item before making it available on BoB but left it there. The seller then gave me a neutral rating with the comment "Please retract your offer to sell". I responded that the buyer can not retract the offer and that the seller should contact BoB to cancel the transaction. I also phoned the seller who promised to retract the neutral rating. Today I received an e-mail from Bob telling me "Please click the link below to visit the SNC section in your profile to indicate whether you Agree or wish to appeal against this SNC Alert if you have not agreed." The SNC further states that I have 7 days to appeal and that the "buyer did not respond".

Now my problem: How do I appeal against this SNC as I certainly did respond appropriately at all stages of the transaction but the SNC shows as "SNC Completed" - "Sale Not Complete : No Response from buyer". There is absolutely no link in the SNC where I can respond.

Guest Guest

Hi

When the seller files an SNC , the reason must be buyer rejected product

fanie za
Hi

When the seller files an SNC , the reason must be buyer rejected product

Not in this case. The Seller notified me that the product is faulty and as such he can no longer supply the product. Are you saying that the Seller can only raise a SNC if the buyer rejected the product?

kebs

There are several reasons for filing an SNC that are permitted, but you should be given the option to appeal. Try emailing bidorbuy for help?

kebs

P.S. The reasons he should have used would be either "buyer & seller agreed to cancel the sale", or "buyer rejected the product" with an explanation that the item was found to be not working.

fanie za
P.S. The reasons he should have used would be either "buyer & seller agreed to cancel the sale", or "buyer rejected the product" with an explanation that the item was found to be not working.

He did leave a reason "buyer & seller agreed to cancel the sale" but the SNC is indicated as "Completed" without leaving me an option to appeal. This is really about getting a reversal on the neutral rating the Seller gave me as a result of his failure to supply the product advertised.

fanie za

BoB admin resolved the matter.

Thanks for your inputs.