Sign in to follow this  
Trios

Alass

Trios

I posted how Alass ripped me off, and looking at his ratings, he is still ripping buyers off each week , Why is BOB allowing this, I posted my full compliant with him, only to have BOB edit it and delete all the empty promises he made, then you allowed him to post some crap response and locked the thread before I could respond, What is this?.Protect the criminals? He still has not emailed me, or refunded me the money he owes me, but tonight he has again another 23 items to con SA buys. Please stop him until he clears up all the outstanding issues.

Here was my post

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/10782-i-think-alass-should-blacklisted.html

admin
I posted how Alass ripped me off, and looking at his ratings, he is still ripping buyers off each week , Why is BOB allowing this, I posted my full compliant with him, only to have BOB edit it and delete all the empty promises he made, then you allowed him to post some crap response and locked the thread before I could respond, What is this?.Protect the criminals? He still has not emailed me, or refunded me the money he owes me, but tonight he has again another 23 items to con SA buys. Please stop him until he clears up all the outstanding issues.

Here was my post

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/10782-i-think-alass-should-blacklisted.html

Hi Trios,

Your previous post was edited because it was in contravention with the forum rules, as was noted by me as the reason at the time I edited your post. Please see point 8 here : http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-rules-information/3205-forum-posting-rules-please-read.html and the note at the bottom of your edited post.

You made a post about him, so it was only fair to give him the opportunity to respond, don't you think ?

As I mentioned in the locked thread, this matter is handled by the security team and posting about it on the forum is not going to help in resolving it quicker. Calling someone a criminal on an open forum leaves you open for liability.

Please send your complaints through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za so it can get the attention it deserves.

Thank you.

Digitrade

Looking at this sellers ratings, is not good. In my opinion something should be done about this seller. Only in the last month did he receive 59 Negative ratings from 159 sales. 20 of those ratings were Neutral and only 49 came through Positive. I am sorry, but this way of trading on Bidorbuy should not be allowed!

kebs

If you read the feedback, positive & negative, you'll see many of the positives for the first 2 pages are actually also negs or queries on where items are.. I understand he may have shipping problems, but if you've promised some-one a refund, then give them their money back..

qball

Please understand that this is a very sensitive situation we are dealing with. We endeavour to act in the best interests of both buyers and sellers on bidorbuy but as I am sure you can imagine, this is a fine balancing act. On the one hand, we have buyers who have paid for goods and are either waiting for these goods or for a refund. On the other hand, we have a seller who is trying to resolve the situation by refunding the buyers in question.

We continuously monitor activity on bidorbuy to ensure it is a safe and secure environment for buyers and sellers alike and we have highly sophisticated processes in place to safeguard bidorbuy from fraudsters.

We do not believe that this is a case of fraud, because we are in constant contact with this seller and he genuinely seems to be doing what he can to resolve the situation. His sole form of income is from bidorbuy and so it is in his best interests to resolve it as soon as possible so he can continue to run his business. We have not blacklisted him because we believe that he is honestly trying to refund the buyers and we would like to give him the opportunity to do this in order to clear his name.

This is far from an ideal situation, but please be assured that we are doing what we can to help all parties concerned.

Thank you

Cuan

PS - please direct all complaints through to hello@bidorbuy.co.za

Daykie

I have a suggestion for sellers who sell from overseas into South Africa. I'm sure most of them have family over here still, so why don't they send all the goods over to South Africa first, sort out the customs etc and then sell them and have their family post locally? They can still charge more for postage and explain their reasons but it will make things a lot smoother and easier for buyers and less headaches for the sellers. Also to send a whole lot of stuff at once is cheaper than individual parcels anyway.

I operate a bit like this but in reverse in that family overseas gather together the things I buy and then I pay to have it couriered over here when there's enough. The customs and postage is all worked in to the price and as a result there are no claims of me overcharging or hidden costs and I know the goods won't go missing in transit.

jphotography
I have a suggestion for sellers who sell from overseas into South Africa. I'm sure most of them have family over here still, so why don't they send all the goods over to South Africa first, sort out the customs etc and then sell them and have their family post locally? They can still charge more for postage and explain their reasons but it will make things a lot smoother and easier for buyers and less headaches for the sellers. Also to send a whole lot of stuff at once is cheaper than individual parcels anyway.

I operate a bit like this but in reverse in that family overseas gather together the things I buy and then I pay to have it couriered over here when there's enough. The customs and postage is all worked in to the price and as a result there are no claims of me overcharging or hidden costs and I know the goods won't go missing in transit.

That is a good idea!

lilythepink

I hear what Cuan is saying but never let us forget the shooters story! Similar?

qball

With all due respect lilythepink... shooters disappeared after about 2 weeks, no contact, no feedback. Adrian, has not stopped communicating or co-operating with us since this all started, dating back to Feb/March, on some of these issues. He is based in the UK, and it would be very easy for him to stop co-operating with us. Most of these issues were borne out of parcels going missing (not like Shooters who took money and did not deliver), logically, if he was a fraudster he would have disappeared a long time ago, however, he is, with the assistance of bidorbuy, trying to resolve all his outstanding issues...

Please bear that in mind.

Thank you

Cuan

Miss Jewels

Daykie, I fully agree on this one. I know that Ruthie of not one cent more also does this and it works. In the same breathe I would like to say that 95% of my purchases come from overseas. I do bulk purchasing from various suppliers and not once, except for items bought on bob from an overseas seller, did I not receive my goods. Tracking numbers are e-mailed to me and are traceable immediately. I pay customs and import taxes and the goods delivered to my door. Absolutely hassle-free. But, if you have the advantage of family members or friends who could be the middle-man in assisting smoother postage, a huge problem will be solved.

lilythepink

Thank you

Cuan

Cuan, I know that you know best. I didn't for one minute intend to criticise what you (BoB) are doing to help Alass! Sorry if I came across that way. :(

qball

No need to apologise Lilythepink :)

jacque31
With all due respect lilythepink... shooters disappeared after about 2 weeks, no contact, no feedback. Adrian, has not stopped communicating or co-operating with us since this all started, dating back to Feb/March, on some of these issues. He is based in the UK, and it would be very easy for him to stop co-operating with us. Most of these issues were borne out of parcels going missing (not like Shooters who took money and did not deliver), logically, if he was a fraudster he would have disappeared a long time ago, however, he is, with the assistance of bidorbuy, trying to resolve all his outstanding issues...

Thank you

Cuan

Okay I'm sorry to have to ask this, but if some seller is struggling, can't keep up with orders, or have to sort loads of problems out or whatever - isn't it logical to stop all the sales until all the problems can be sorted out. I mean if he is struggling now and the orders keeps coming in - wouldn't the people still buying now also run into problems? :confused:

My question is not meant in a bad way but I'm just curious as why people are still allowed to buy from him and he still have listings open while there are more serious matters to sort out first, if it can be sorted out at all.

qball

Unfortunately it is not as simple as that. If we stop him from selling he does not get an income, therefore, he cannot refund or send goods, as when all the parcels went missing originally using Royal Mail, the seller, used his own funds to try refund the buyers. This obviously put a great deal of financial strain on him. If we cut him off completely, some people will not get their refunds as he will have no revenue, and we would like to avoid that, for everyone's sake. As he is self employed, if he had to get a job it could take months, and even then he would have a limited income. He has also tried to get loans but due to the fact that he is self employed, this was declined by the banks. He is still shipping goods and has the stock on hand to still ship, however, the refunds still need to be done.

Hope this answers your question.

Kind regards

Cuan

jacque31

Okay I understand, thanks for the reply. Hope he can get sorted:)

Miss Jewels

Payments

Hello Cuan. Maybe something to look at : If all the payments to Alass are done via BoB eft, would this not solve a huge crises? Items not received would/could then be refunded out of Alass' funds. I fully understand that you cannot wait 3 months for items to arrive. My international orders from Hong Kong, the USA and the UK are delivered to my door within 10 working days after payments have been made. This is with DHL and FedEx. The other problem that a few buyers are experiencing is that the tracking numbers received by them is in actual fact adressed to someone else with another address. I can confirm this because I experienced the same thing. I also fully understand that this is Alass' sole source of income and I understand the situation he is is, but what about the buyers that have invested thousands to purchase what they thought was a bargain, and now have lost thousands. I spoke to a lady today who purchased goods from me and this topic by chance came up. She is in an absolute state because she has a daughter who is studying and now needs to make a plan to generate extra income because of the thousands she lost. She is now also going to start selling on BoB. I am also aware that a few of the buyers paid for DHL but their parcel was never sent with this courier and this creates more questions than answers. I am not out on an attack against Alass as I understand this is his sole income, but this issue is creating a lot of headaches. Yes, his items are stunning and often excellent prices..but at what cost to the buyer at the end of the day. Hence my original thought : Bob eft's only with a 30 day holding on the funds. If the parcel is not received after 30 days, a payout from the BoB account (should the buyer request this) before the transfer to the sellers account. Is this feasable? Would this solve problems? If Alass only offers DHL as shipping option, I'm sure this will work. Items in stock can be shipped within a week as BoB eft's clear within a few days. This is a mouthful. but I'm positive it's a solution to the current situation.

POLQ

Alas for Alass

Hi BOB admins & users

I feel for Alass but if this happened in Feb/March and in the last three months of the 682 items sold ony 213 ended positively, it does not seem to be working.

(All ratings received by Alass on bidorbuy.co.za)

It is all very well saying you don't want to cut his life line, but how is it not taking from Peter to pay Paul or just a pyrimid scheme ?

In the end there will just be a bigger unmanagerable amount resulting in more angry BOB users.

and if someone paid R7000 plus R500 postage for something in June

(Engagement Rings - R220000 EXQUISITE 2.82CT ROUND CUT DIAMOND ENGAGEMENT RING was sold for R7,000.00 on 2 Jun at 23:46 by Alass in United Kingdom (ID:22366280))

then "LOL" would hardly be an appropriate responce

Comment:

I advise all buyers not to buy from this seller,Im going on 5 months waiting for a refund,got no item just lies and no cent back.ALLASS IS A HUGE CON!

Response: LOL! YOUR PURCHASE WAS IN JUNE AND YOU THINK THAT WAS 5 MONTHS AGO?! PEOPLE CAN CHECK YOUR PURCHASE FOR THEMSELVES. HAHAHA

I have just recieved an email explaining the delay, but either he has the Item and can post it with the tracking number within the 48 hours he expects for payment after the payment clears, or he did not send the item or worse does not have the item.

Miss Jewels

Hello POLQ. And guess what.......no more BOB EFT offered! Was this after my "suggestion" Makes one wonder. I also saw MK Jewels asked a question about arranging his own courrier service and if the item can then be posted immediately. The reply was Alass only uses his own courier company (both were DHL by the way) and no reply was given if the item was available immediately. mmmmmmmm.......

Kit W
Okay I'm sorry to have to ask this, but if some seller is struggling, can't keep up with orders, or have to sort loads of problems out or whatever - isn't it logical to stop all the sales until all the problems can be sorted out. I mean if he is struggling now and the orders keeps coming in - wouldn't the people still buying now also run into problems? :confused:

My question is not meant in a bad way but I'm just curious as why people are still allowed to buy from him and he still have listings open while there are more serious matters to sort out first, if it can be sorted out at all.

I fully agree with jacque31! To solve his problem of excessive orders surely the logical answer will be to halt all sales until the backlog is sorted out. alass is digging a deeper hole for himself and all the negative rating will do his sought-after sales no good

I hope that he can sort it out and get back into business again

MrAerospace

I also wonder how on earth a seller can make up such great losses without inconveniencing/disappointing new buyers. I agree with jacque31 and Kit W that all sales should be halted until this seller has made good with all his other buyers, if he ever can. I'm sorry for Alass

Edited by qball
removed comment

ClickandShip

In all fairness I think the Seller should be allowed to continue trading but not on auction.

By selling on auction with such a history he is only going to keep getting less and less for his items and losing money instead of making profit to refund/purchase outstanding orders.

He should list his items on Buy Now and ensure he has enough of a mark up to rectify the damage done.

This will take time, but if he is commited, then he will succeed.

qball

Unfortunately this thread is going to be locked for now. The seller in question is working with us to try resolve these issues, as per my previous post, this is the the seller's sole form of income, should he be stopped from selling (restricted listings at the moment), the seller will not be able to resolve any outstanding issues. This is far more detrimental to all concerned, as then goods will not be shipped nor will refunds be procured for those affected.

Thank you

Cuan