Sign in to follow this  
Daykie

Ranting

Daykie    10
Daykie

Sorry but I felt the need to ask a pressing question. In dealing with people on bidorbuy myself and seeing on other people's listings I've noticed that 95% of all the people who ask questions on a listing never bid on it. Why?? They'll ask all kinds of details of the item, like can they collect etc and then you tell them yes and they never bid! What gives? Are they just bored perhaps? Or running some kind of underground game show to test the sellers?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It seems people like to ask questions (I do) before placing a bid and if the answer isn't quite what they are happy with then they don't bid. Of course we can't discount viewers who haven't got a life and just want to "bait" sellers!

But my feeling is that the more people who ask questions, the better - others who read a listing can then go through all the Q & A and be even more informed before they bid, so no excuses for not paying! :)

anerstemens    10
anerstemens
It seems people like to ask questions (I do) before placing a bid and if the answer isn't quite what they are happy with then they don't bid. Of course we can't discount viewers who haven't got a life and just want to "bait" sellers!

But my feeling is that the more people who ask questions, the better - others who read a listing can then go through all the Q & A and be even more informed before they bid, so no excuses for not paying! :)

Agree With you lilythepink, it actually helps when ppl ask questions I am more than willing to answer all of the because if you dont ask how should they expect to know, also as you will notice alot of the forum ppl ask loads of random questions to catch scammers ect , this helps keep BOB a friendly scam free zone.:D

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

How can I agree more. I need more details of the item before bidding. Imagine paying R 233.00 for postage for a 3KG box

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

I am also inclined to ask questions as I don't want to be sorry later on if the item is not what I wanted. I also have a lot of prospective buyers asking questions and never bid, but it's ok, because the Q & A just might interest someone else. My bigger issue is when you ask a seller a question, it just gets ignored. Firstly, this is bad manners, and secondly, makes me wonder what they have to hide? Like advertising Lab created diamonds which are actually cubic zirconia to obtain higher prices? There is one very big culprit where this is concerned.

retailrush    10
retailrush
My bigger issue is when you ask a seller a question, it just gets ignored. Firstly, this is bad manners, and secondly, makes me wonder what they have to hide? Like advertising Lab created diamonds which are actually cubic zirconia to obtain higher prices?

Yes, once the seller answers the question it is visible on the listing - if they don't answer it, no one gets to see the question!!

I also welcome questions - sometimes it's a lifesaver if someone asks a question when you have forgotten to mention something on the listing and you already have a bid and can't edit your listing...

kebs    10
kebs

While I agree with all the above, I often have people asking if I can get a certain item.. This takes time to source & work out costs etc.. I then reply to them with all the info & ask them to let me know if I must make a listing for them - 99% never get back to me. & the items are similar to what they were viewing, hence same price range.. :confused:

SProducts    10
SProducts

I agree with everyone, some buyers ask just because they can ask a question.

@Kebs, I had a buyer who was on gmail and when I was on email I would just see her and will ask all questions about products and I would supply info. She will then tell me she's waiting for money from friends and then disappear to appear again a few months later with the same problem looking for bulk products.

I ended up disabling the chat function as I couldnt work on better things but waste time on someone who's clearly bored.

Sipho

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Some buyers are irritating, annoying, unpleasant, hard work and some outright rude!

But I love them cause they put food in my tummy and keep the roof over my head!:)

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes
Some buyers are irritating, annoying, unpleasant, hard work and some outright rude!

But I love them cause they put food in my tummy and keep the roof over my head!:)

And feed the cats...:D That's one of the reasons why I love all my buyers...;)

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

I have to say, I`ve had a few questions that have been rude in the sense no one is forcing you to buy the product , if the price does not suit you go to the next listing, I`ve had people asking for discount , these I ignore because once you say yes you can just aswell close the auction since everyone would want discount.

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

Unanswered questions can be viewed!

Yes, once the seller answers the question it is visible on the listing - if they don't answer it, no one gets to see the question!!

You can view unanswered questions on an item!:cool:

Bertman Trading    10
Bertman Trading

Daykie    10
Daykie

But the thing is with these questions askers is often they're not even asking questions of suspicion or anything, just normal things like "Can I collect" and I reply "yes if you make arrangements you can". Then they don't even place one bid. Or they ask something already in the listing, like "are these originals" and i say "yes they are all, as per the listing" and they don't bid. It brings to mind a picture of all these people with nothing better to do than go through all the listings and ask strange questions with no real interest in what you're selling.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@ Daykie. It takes all types to make a world! ;)

Daykie    10
Daykie

Haha true, I'd love to meet these mystery people one day though.

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels
coolbeans

I second that remark. Now we can see some of the "cocky" remarks sellers make when you ask a question and only receive the answer after the listing has closed. Hence only you can read the answer. BoB.... you guys are just so cool with your IT wonders....you rock!