Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Very scared...

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi everyone, me again...

I posted a thread this weekend about new bidders on my items and the fact that bOb might think it's me shill-bidding. And Tanaka (who is just great by the way) assured me that BoB will see if it's me bidding on my own stuff.

Well I just got a warning from BoB (first and final warning) to stop shill-bidding. I am getting to a stage where I am so scared of getting suspended or blacklisted or something that I don't even think illegal things, let alone do them.

I know that Morne and Cuan and the others at BoB is doing their job to keep BoB safe and they are doing a great job becuase I already got nailed for doing something wrong previously,b but what if someone is really not doing something and they are now in trouble?

Here is the thread where I asked if we can delete new bidders, but as Tanaka pointed out, we were all there, but now it lookes like I am doing something wrong...

http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/forum-community-watch/10982-blocking-new-bidders.html

What can I do to prove to BoB that I was not shill-bidding? PLEASE ASSIST, ANYONE... :confused:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Well I just spoke to Bennet (actually very friendly person :)) and he assured me that the bids came from my IP address (also reasuring knowing that BoB can see these things) but not so reasuring for me because now I have to worry about who uses my computer.

But this must be a warning for everyone that you should not leave your pc un-guarded because if something goes wrong, it is only your fault... Another lesson learned.

Thanks Bennet for being so helpful and friendly... :D

jacque31    10
jacque31

Not necessarily, if using a static IP it's now problem, but a dynamic IP is a whole other story, if somebody is using that (normally it's not a choice you have as this is what your internet service provider chooses), it can change depending on the demand and users currently active, so one time you connect to the internet, and the next time could result in a different IP assigned to you.

Having said that, your account's IP and somebody else getting that one and bidding on your items would big a big coincidence:o. So a question to BoB - how is this exactly handled or am I missing something here?!:P

qball    10
qball

We don't only look at IP's...:)

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

I think, and I beleive that I am correct, Cuan will back me up on this I am sure, that all the long hard nights that MacMuffin spends tapping on the keyboard and coding this and that...has resulted in an unseen, non detectable facial recognition system being present on the BoB interface, also a supersonic fingerprint reader that works off the mouse left click button, which also sends a type of DNA feed back to the powers that be on BoB.

My telepathic sources also reveal that as we speak, MacMuffin is working on a built in heart rate monitor that will send readings to BoB from your mouse, and with this they will be able to determine ''whats hot''

Did I leak too much Cuan?

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

Brilliant C&S! :D Be afraid, shill bidders, be very afraid....

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Will BoB also now be able to register high blood pressure? Shill bidders beware. Very aware! ;)

dstorm    10
dstorm

Hello All

A couple of times, especially when I was new on Bob, I allowed clients to bid on my items using my computer in the shop. I then realised that this could be picked up as Shill Bidding and stopped the practice.

I would love to reintroduce the practice. Surely BoB would take a broad look and look at many factors before deciding whether a bid is legitimate or not?

Regards

Jacques

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I love the idea of what ClickandShip leaked ;) and it would all work fantastic I think. dstorm, I would not try that again if I was you. After today I think the same thing happened (that someone at the shop may have bid on my PC and it got me in hot water... Its just not worth loosing money by getting suspended or something because someone did not listen...

But then again I think there is a few people out there that are gready or something and that is why they chase their own bids...

Me personaly, I am too scared to even think about it now :eek:... Seems they guys in security are there because they are very good at what they do and not just for their obvious charm :cool:

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I think, and I beleive that I am correct, Cuan will back me up on this I am sure, that all the long hard nights that MacMuffin spends tapping on the keyboard and coding this and that...has resulted in an unseen, non detectable facial recognition system being present on the BoB interface, also a supersonic fingerprint reader that works off the mouse left click button, which also sends a type of DNA feed back to the powers that be on BoB.

My telepathic sources also reveal that as we speak, MacMuffin is working on a built in heart rate monitor that will send readings to BoB from your mouse, and with this they will be able to determine ''whats hot''

Did I leak too much Cuan?

You missed that we also triangulate where you live, what you had for breakfast, what you are up to on Facebook, how many speedtickets you have and we have contact details of your exes. Aside from the last one (the exes), I think you should not fear us too much ;).

While we can't reveal any of our secrets (they are so secret, that we can't even remember them ourselves --- some attribute it to old age though), with Cuan's awesome "security sheriffs" (you get the chills just walking past them) and our systems in place, fraud-management is relatively easy and is constantly tweaked.

mellowred    10
mellowred
....... how many speedtickets you have .....

If we promise to be good on BoB, will you promise to make good use of your skills and wipe all traces of these from all memory-banks? :cool:

dstorm    10
dstorm

Now the Topic is very relevant... Very Scared!

SProducts    10
SProducts
You missed that we also triangulate where you live, what you had for breakfast, what you are up to on Facebook, how many speedtickets you have and we have contact details of your exes. Aside from the last one (the exes), I think you should not fear us too much ;).

While we can't reveal any of our secrets (they are so secret, that we can't even remember them ourselves --- some attribute it to old age though), with Cuan's awesome "security sheriffs" (you get the chills just walking past them) and our systems in place, fraud-management is relatively easy and is constantly tweaked.

Did you guys recruit someone from NIA, or maybe even CIA to colelct all these information.

I thought I was addicted to Bidorbuy, now I get it, I am actually Bidorbuy's property!

Sipho

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Did you guys recruit someone from NIA, or maybe even CIA to colelct all these information.

I thought I was addicted to Bidorbuy, now I get it, I am actually Bidorbuy's property!

Sipho

it's like a marriage - you are in for the long haul. I think our benefits are just so much better and you are allowed to look and browse and BoB will not complain ;)

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Okay ladies... start looking for anyone named Bob. Marry him. Could be a good investment :D

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

It's called Alzheimer's, each morning you wake up you meet someone new, which really makes life interesting, LOL!

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

hmmmm....

This happend to me , a guy working with me I introduced him to bob was intrested in itmes I had to sell me having only listed the quantity of items i had told him to bid on my item otherwise I had to close the auction , I dont really see where the proplem comes in here since I paid bob the listig fee`s now without warning they closed his account , or black listed it he has just started using it and was listing IT products well OVER the thousands wich could of been profitable for BoB I e-mailed them tryin to sort out the mess will see what happens I mean ofcourse the IP would be the same since we share a office...? We also have a shop and would like ppl to bid from it since our internet is available for clients... any suggestions from anyone ?:rolleyes:

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Thank you

That was actually helpfull, so if it was a buy now there would of been no problem? Ohk how can I go about getting this fixed or sorted because this i not his fault I learn something every day here hahaha....sorry admin ...

admin    0
admin
That was actually helpfull, so if it was a buy now there would of been no problem?

That would also be monitored, when a family member/friend keeps buying your items on buy now's, it could be to only increase your positive ratings. Catch 22 situation...

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Awesome

Hey will not be buying things then from me but how do I go about getting his account sorted because it is blacklited I am not bothered about the ratings , they can be removed just he just started selling I`ve been here a while...

thank you and sorry for all the trouble.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Okay ladies... start looking for anyone named Bob. Marry him. Could be a good investment :D

Marry Uncle BoB? At my age Uncle BoB would be one foot in the grave. But a younger BoB could tempt me! lol :P

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Marry Uncle BoB? At my age Uncle BoB would be one foot in the grave. But a younger BoB could tempt me! lol :P

QBall is your bet/pet - he is quite the ladies man.