Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest

Blocking new bidders

Guest Guest

Hi everyone, I would like to know what is our rights as sellers to delete bids from new bidders? I have had a few now that joined the day of the auction and then they bid and the sale does not complete. Can a seller delete the bid from such a bidder?

Plus I am scared that buyers and/or BoB think that I am shill-bidding...

Please advise, I got disabled once for breaking the rules and I am scared I get in trouble if I delete someone's bid or someone think I am shill-bidding.

:confused:

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi BoB would be able to pick up if you were shill-bidding and would investigate properly before taking action.

Unfortunately it isn't OK to delete bids from newbies as we all started there. The only correct thing you can do is file an SNC to get your success fees back.

Good luck

Guest Guest

Thanx Tanaka, guess you are right about we all starting there... :D

Guest Guest

So what about bidders that have very bad ratings like -1 or -2 or whatever. I had a deadbeat that bought something this weekend and he had -3. Or should we loose time and money everytime because it takes time before we can file an SNC. :mad:

meeks
So what about bidders that have very bad ratings like -1 or -2 or whatever. I had a deadbeat that bought something this weekend and he had -3. Or should we loose time and money everytime because it takes time before we can file an SNC. :mad:

If you get a bid (bids) from buyers who have ratings for non payment, then you can delete their bid/s, when you go to delete, you choose the reason for the deletion from the drop down box.

lilythepink

I absolutely agree with meeks. BoB does NOT require us to accept bids from non-paying bidders and this can be the reason given for deleting the bid.

Guest Guest

Thanx lilythepink and meeks... Very helpfull...

Guest Guest

OK, so we can't delete bids from new buyers and we can't say in our adds that buyers with no ratings can't bid. BUT what then about

Car Auctions - KAWASAKI ZR 7 750 #GENUINE AUCTION# ***NO RESERVES*** for sale in Johannesburg (ID:26178152)

Papaction

and

Engagement Rings - ***R37 760*** 1.45CT DIAMOND 14K WHITE GOLD WEDDING BAND was sold for R3,350.00 on 15 Sep at 22:04 by Jewels4u in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:25996969)

Jewels4U

I like what they are doing because it can prevent some issues with new buyers on high value items, but even Bennet said we are not allowed to do that...

Wild Olive Art

There is never any guarantee that the buyer is going to pay . I have had buyers with 100% positive ratings not pay and buyers who have been regular and reliable clients of mine not pay . Some of my best payers have been 1st time buyers with no ratings. Being prejudiced towards "no ratings"buyers is short sighted and narrow minded and nobody deserves this kind of prejudice !

Realistically , there really is no risk involved with buyers who do not pay if the item is not sent until payment is received . Sure , it's an irritation not being paid and having to go through the process of lodging a SNC and losing the listing fee , but the item can be relisted and sold !

Vinyl Lady Decals
There is never any guarantee that the buyer is going to pay . I have had buyers with 100% positive ratings not pay and buyers who have been regular and reliable clients of mine not pay . Some of my best payers have been 1st time buyers with no ratings. Being prejudiced towards "no ratings"buyers is short sighted and narrow minded and nobody deserves this kind of prejudice !

Realistically , there really is no risk involved with buyers who do not pay if the item is not sent until payment is received . Sure , it's an irritation not being paid and having to go through the process of lodging a SNC and losing the listing fee , but the item can be relisted and sold !

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I deal with alot of newbies with no ratings and I'd rather have them bid on my items that someone with an established track record of non-payment.

I have found that since I have been using the BoB messaging system to communicate with my buyers, I have been able to cut down my previous non-payment rate of around 10% to around 2% of transaction value.