Sign in to follow this  
stoneman20

Counterfeit item received, seller not responding

stoneman20    10
stoneman20

Good day to all

I need help with an issue with a seller and I hope someone out there would be able to give me the right advice. I placed a bid on an unbranded cell phone called the x6. In the description it said the phone has Wi-Fi, dual cams, TV function etc. When I received the phone, I discovered a few things, one of them being the phone was in fact branded as a Nokia (counterfeit). The phone also did not have Wi-Fi or any other function as stated on the auction page. The seller however made sure to state that no refunds or returns will be given. Does that make it ok? After all, I just want to exchange this empty shell for the item that I paid for. Well, I have tried contacting the seller during this past 2weeks but nothing. What am I to do?

babyface2    10
babyface2

hi Stoneman

as far as my knowledge goes, you are not allowed to list something other than the actual item you intend sending. maybe you should contact BOB

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Notify communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za immediately - give them all details re auction and copies of the emails to which you are not receiving a reply. Good luck.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

If I recall correctly, this is not the first time that there was an issue on the forum with this seller on misrepresenting items.

Item sold:

Other Cell Phones & Smartphones - X6 FULL TOUCH SCREEN WITH TV TUNER & DUAL SIM!!!! LOCAL STOCK was sold for R675.00 on 24 Aug at 23:31 by Real Dealz in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:25287516)

Ratings do not seem to good either:

All Negative ratings received by Real Dealz on bidorbuy.co.za

stoneman20    10
stoneman20

Seller not responding

Hi and thank you for the advice. I will take action straight away. Will post how this issue turns out to help other users in the same predicament.

Keep up the good work..:D

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Hi

The X6 you refering to is the Nokia X6 Series.

Some people make mistakes in the listings.

jacque31    10
jacque31
Hi

The X6 you refering to is the Nokia X6 Series.

Some people make mistakes in the listings.

The problem is not just the mistakes in the listings - but the phone as stated by the buyer is fake Nokia phone. Okay in the listing you clearly know it's not a real Nokia but as a buyer wouldn't see it's a fake, looks and described more as the "cloned" type phone. Anyway if the listing is wrong, and the product is not as described in the listing then the seller is at fault here - just like if a buyer don't properly read the listing and get something they had a different picture in their mind of, that's the buyers fault. Easy really!

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

how can you get a fake nokia Phone , I didn't even know you got fake nokias, just look at PCs , you don't get Fake PCs

jacque31    10
jacque31
how can you get a fake nokia Phone , I didn't even know you got fake nokias, just look at PCs , you don't get Fake PCs
How can you get a fake Nokia phone:confused: you're joking right? If a phone looks like a certain Nokia model, has the Nokia brand name on that and wasn't made by Nokia then that is called a fake.:rolleyes: Ever heard of fake watches (Rolex), fake sunglasses (Oakley), even fake t-shirts (Quicksilver ect) ? So to answer your question yes you get fake Nokia phones;)

You're example of how can you get a fake PC isn't a very good one. Yes if something that is made by people that is their own brand it is not fake.

But what if i make a monitor and it looks exactly the same as a Samsung monitor, I even put the Samsung brand name on that ect ect ect - would you not say that is a "fake", or would you call that original?

jacque31    10
jacque31
ok ok , you have me there

lol well just my opinion regarding this matter;)

stoneman20    10
stoneman20

Nokia X6

I can understand when someone makes a slip up in a listing, but I'm afraid this is a bit more than that. This phone was described in detail and it didn't state that it would be a Nokia. If it did, I would have known from the start that it was in fact counterfeit, and as far as my knowledge goes it is illegal to import, deal or distribute black market items. I placed a bid on an unbranded phone, which would obviously be cheaper than a branded one but still have some real useful functions. This phone looks like the real deal, but useless. my point is, if it stated otherwise on the description page, I would never have placed a bid. Unbranded phones is not illegal, and I know some people that uses such phones and its seems to work just fine. I use a Nokia myself and I know a thing or two. For one, they don't come cheap. Try this... dial *#0000#, it gives you the version. Dial*#06#, and you'll get the serial no. *#7780# will restore. This phone was a surprise for my son, and o boy...what a surprise it was! I'm not a unreasonable guy and tried everything in my power to resolve this matter with the seller, but it takes two to tango. So what should I do??? Just write it of and leave it at that? NO WAY! Well as I promised, I will post the outcome to help others in the same predicament.

jacque31    10
jacque31

Well I agree with u there! It wasn't as advertised, end of story!:P

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

I had another look at the listing.

This user mentions and admits in his "payment" section of the listing that the phone is not original.

But to me, this is not the correct way to do it. He should at least put this detail in the "desciption" part of the listing!

"EFT only we do not accept cash desposits. Please use your order number as reference. All bids are legally binding and will not be deleted. A strict policy of relisting is followed, if payment is not received within 24 hours item will be relisted and you will be rated negatively. If you do not want to abide by these terms please do not bid. All dual sim tv mobiles are copies and not original. Pictures are also for illustration purposes only."

stoneman20    10
stoneman20

X6 Description

Hi there.

Thanks for pointing that out. Although the description said its a copy of the original, its still illegal to make an exact copy with the brand name on it. If it was only a copy of the X6 without the name on it, it would be a totally different matter and also not illegal. I really feel uncomfortable having such an item in my possession. Not only that, I would never be able to sell it in future because its a black market item, and could get me into trouble. Secondly, the phone I got doesn't have any of the functions stated. I checked the sellers rating page again. They replied to other buyers recently and apologized for the communication issue due to problems with their email. Well, whey didn't they just reply to my rating where I asked them to contact me urgently. If I had problems with my email I'll make very sure I answer my phone and at least keep my business up and running. Well, as I mentioned, I'm very reasonable and understanding. But being ignored makes me suspicious, and the longer I wait the less my chances of getting something done. Thank you for all your comments and support. I haven't been at BoB for long, but think it is a much needed service and a joyful experience...except for the X6 of course.

stoneman20    10
stoneman20

Feedback

Feedback as promised...

I contacted BoB community watch since I could not get hold of the seller. Shortly after, a person named Bertus Rothmann contacted me and required more detailed information. Eventually he disabled the sellers account since he could also not get hold of them, and amazingly I was contacted to arrange a refund. One thing I've learnt is to check seller’s ratings before placing a bid. Although not all ratings are negative, it would be great if sellers concentrate more on their customers that making a quick buck. And of course, stay away from the black market. Thank you BoB community watch. I'm sure all your members have the same passion as Bertus.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I thought selling anything fake is against BoB rules. Am I misunderstanding something?

Green Apple    10
Green Apple

Fake Phones

I have been monitoring the cell phone auctions over the last few days, as I am waiting on a 3 week delivery from one of the top bid or buy sellers.:sad: Sadly I was considering purchasing a cheap alternative to the real deal name brands for the mean time and I am surprised to see how many drop shipping sellers and overseas sellers there are on the auctions, take tomorrows snap auctions almost all of the sellers are of the above, and as I need a phone in the next 24 hours! After reading this thread, I am rather going to buy a cheapie at one of the malls around.

brands online    10
brands online
I have been monitoring the cell phone auctions over the last few days, as I am waiting on a 3 week delivery from one of the top bid or buy sellers.:sad: Sadly I was considering purchasing a cheap alternative to the real deal name brands for the mean time and I am surprised to see how many drop shipping sellers and overseas sellers there are on the auctions, take tomorrows snap auctions almost all of the sellers are of the above, and as I need a phone in the next 24 hours! After reading this thread, I am rather going to buy a cheapie at one of the malls around.

Hi and welcome there Green Apple , you shouldn't be put off by these type of things here on BOB. Although I'm not a cellphone seller persay here on BOB, there are great deals from excellent sellers available too. The important thing is just to read and be sure of the listings before you bid. The Q&A platform that BOB provides also allows for all your nagging issues to be resolved. Haste, often does make waste, but a little research beforehand can land you a sweet deal! :smile:

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

I see the seller has gone bye-bye, what was the outcome of your refund stoneman?

stoneman20    10
stoneman20

Refund

Sorry for the late reply. I eventually got a refund from the buyer. I also received emails asking me to change the rating, otherwise they would in turn give me a negative one. I did change the comment, but left the rating negative as I much rather wanted the phone instead of all the hassles that came with it. BoB is a good site to buy goods, and I don’t think anyone should be put off by such an incident but rather learn from it. There are many sellers that are serious about business and good service which would make buying from them a very pleasant experience. The "not" so serious types seem to fade away...

brands online    10
brands online
Sorry for the late reply. I eventually got a refund from the buyer. I also received emails asking me to change the rating, otherwise they would in turn give me a negative one. I did change the comment, but left the rating negative as I much rather wanted the phone instead of all the hassles that came with it. BoB is a good site to buy goods, and I don’t think anyone should be put off by such an incident but rather learn from it. There are many sellers that are serious about business and good service which would make buying from them a very pleasant experience. The "not" so serious types seem to fade away...

Good for you:wink:

And don't be blackmailed with negative ratings either. BOB is quite strict on abuse of the ratings system. Here's to many more 'pleasant' experiences for you here!