Sign in to follow this  
koekies63

Rating and confusion

koekies63

I bid on a item then won the bid, but I was having problems with my bank and sent the seller a email asking him if it would be ok if I paid as soon as I fixed the situation with the bank but I said that it would take no longer then to the end of the month I also said in my email that I would understand if he did not want to wait and wanted to resell the item but that I would still make payment just so that there would be no hard feelings. Time went on and I heard nothing from the seller, two days before I could make payment I received a mail from bid or buy about a snc filed, On the day that I said I would pay I paid in the money of the auction R21, without the postage because I took it he wouldn't send the item anyway, I wrote another email telling him that I had paid in the R21 and that he could keep the item. I tried phoning him sending more emails but nothing, now he gave me a negative rating saying that I did not pay in full, should I have given him the postage? I even wrote a email to 'Zuko Soyizwaphi at customer support telling him the story and that I could not get hold of the seller, who in turn sent a mail to seller asking to contact me, nothing came of that. I just don't think it's fair that I got a negative rating after I tried everything to contact the seller, a item a bought from the same seller a few months before and paid for the day of winning the bid was never rated by the seller. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever buy from this king person again.

kebs

Hi there.. If the seller is Danking, which on your profile is the only seller has left you negative feedback, you may want to check out this thread : http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/ratings-q/9898-danking.html. Many complaints - unfortunately no-one seems to win with this guy.. Sorry you got burned so early in your bid or buy days :(, but rather give this seller a miss in future.

BumbleBee

How many more people are going to get bitten by the DanKingCobra? :confused:

koekies63

hi kebs I have been reading the danking romance, sad to say I have brought myself down to his level and changed a positive rating to a negative but I was just peeed off, the thing that bugs me most how long before bid or buy blocks my account? I joined in 2007 looked but never bought anything was just to scared to take a chance now started to buy with a limit to not buy over R100 until I am sure of the seller, now out of 10 items I have bought I have a rating of 2 negative from danking 2 not rated because seller is 1 of those people that should not have been trusted and I have a snc against me, it feels like my days are getting short on bid or buy I just can't win, I should have come to the forum first before buying.

mellowred

Hi Koekie, Perhaps your response to the negative rating should include a link to this thread.

There are 1,000s of ethical sellers to every one bad one so you should not give up just yet.

Out of curiosity what made you decide that this was an "ok" seller? Do you read the ratings, or do you look at the numbers only?

If you do read the ratings, what made you decide to buy from a seller who replies to negative ratings in such a rude manner?

koekies63

Hi mellowred

TO tell the truth I did not look at the ratings or read anything first item was won at R1 not a bad deal, I waited a long time for the item but got it in the end, the second item I bid on only after the bid did i realize that it was his item there was nothing i could do about it I really wanted the item and would have paid right after the auction ended but I really had a problem, now I must say I read ratings first and I read all the negative ratings before bidding. from reading post in the forum I realize that there are many people that bid and don't pay and I understand that this must be a huge problem for sellers but I really did try my best to explain my situation to him, I will keep on bidding but only after using Gods gift to me {my eyes}

kebs

It is sad that this one seller can make people's experiences on BoB bad & cause them to rethink participating on the site :mad:. Not everyone will come to the forum & see we're not actually all bad.. :P. Please don't let this put you off - check ratings first, as I'm sure you will next time. & try not to worry about his negative ratings too much - everyone here who has been around for a while ignores his negatives because they know how he operates..

ClickandShip

I consider my buyers ''Seasoned'' when I note the signatory 2 x Lonely Negatives from this Seller ;)

BMW_M3_CSL

As an EX buyer from this seller mentioned - All please take note (my experience)- the seller will ONLY respond if you rate him negatively and WILL NOT respond to normal email request, no matter how many you send. He has been a problem seller for a very long time for many many buyers but still gets away with it. He is the only seller I can see that request 48 hrs payment, can take weeks to deliver BUT can raise an SNC after 48 hrs. As far as the rules go, it should only be raised after 7 days but he does as he pleases. Be carefull and ALWAYS check the negative ratings first.

lilythepink
How many more people are going to get bitten by the DanKingCobra? :confused:

Cobras are honourable creatures! ;)

eZethu Coins
hi kebs I have been reading the danking romance, sad to say I have brought myself down to his level and changed a positive rating to a negative but I was just peeed off, the thing that bugs me most how long before bid or buy blocks my account? I joined in 2007 looked but never bought anything was just to scared to take a chance now started to buy with a limit to not buy over R100 until I am sure of the seller, now out of 10 items I have bought I have a rating of 2 negative from danking 2 not rated because seller is 1 of those people that should not have been trusted and I have a snc against me, it feels like my days are getting short on bid or buy I just can't win, I should have come to the forum first before buying.

Do not let the experience with one seller - especially one with the reputation like DanKong - put you off BoB. Fortunately most buyers and sellers are very pleasant and make BoBing great fun - I have made some excellent friends on BoB in amongst the odd unpleasant experience. All I can say is look at the ratings of anyone that you want to deal with - can only save you a lot of grief in the end.

Happy BoBing!

koekies63

Thank you all I feel better and have a better understanding of what to look for before bidding, just got outbid on a item and had a look at the person who outbid me, she has 89 positive ratings and 2 negative I just had to smile thinking about the remark madeby clickandship, so I take it I have been welcomed to bid or buy with my two negatives from darnking

meeks
Thank you all I feel better and have a better understanding of what to look for before bidding, just got outbid on a item and had a look at the person who outbid me, she has 89 positive ratings and 2 negative I just had to smile thinking about the remark madeby clickandship, so I take it I have been welcomed to bid or buy with my two negatives from darnking

Yes off course!!!! welcome koekies63!!!!!!

kebs

Consider yourself officially initiated!! :D