Sign in to follow this  
ANTISPY

overcharged postage

ANTISPY    10
ANTISPY

BERTUS -CHECK UP TIME

08 Sep 2010 10:32

TWIN BELLS BITE ALARM ALLSORTSIMP order 3180008

why are you asking R35-00 postage + 2% for insurance (300 grams in weight) =R47-00

Gavin

when it costs you postage office charge of R20-15c (300 grams )

the box + R1-00 , the bubble pack + R1-00 and you are collecting R47-00

R25-00 PURE profit on postage more than 120% profit on postage alone

This is usery be fair charge R25-00 and i can understand and accept this but R47-00 is a rip off be carefull you are new to bid and buy. you want to impress bid and buy custumers not chase them away!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

A dissatisfied buyer - i must mention he was very BRAVE in posting the goods too me

without recieving payment something i will not do. Payment you will recieve when you allow me the overcharged discount of R22-00:rolleyes:

perhaps he made a mistake in posting to me

SProducts    10
SProducts

You must be lucky, did the seller send the items without receiving payment?

On your postage calculations, where did you get the prices? I know CNA and other shops charges about R2.80 for the smallest envelope and I doubt the post office charges those prices either. You still need to pay 2% of whatever the value is which could be around R12.00 from your calculations, all these doesnt amount to teh 120% profit from postage.

You might have unintentionally scammed a new seller, my suggestion pay him shame. Like you said he's new.

Sipho

kyle2    10
kyle2

You know I don't think that R47 is too much for postage, I have seen amounts of over R100, and in all fairness, did you read the shipping charges before bidding on the item? If the seller sent you something in good faith, I would return the complement and pay him what is due according to his listed shipping charges. Being vendictive is not in the spirit of BidorBuy. If you have a problem with the article you bought or the seller or the seller himself please don't hesitate to speak to the customer service at Bob, they will assist you.

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

As per SProducts, remember to add in the 2% for insurance.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have to second Kyle2's comments - and everyone knows by now that I HATE people who overcharge on shipping. You did bid on the item knowing the postage if it was in the advert, so I think the best thing is for you to pay up.

jphotography    10
jphotography

One sellers items are extremely cheap but postage is R350. Before I bid on anything I first check the postage. I am willing to pay R40 per item depends what the item is.

brands online    10
brands online

It is not for buyers to dictate postage to sellers and choose not to pay based on that as the seller did state the postage upfront and you chose to still bid. Accepting something for nothing by not paying for it is also thievery, simply put...

kinleroux    10
kinleroux

Why did you buy from this seller in the first place if you were not happy with the postage - its easy, just don't buy from him/her.

On postage there are a few things you forget - the time to pack and then stand in the queue at the post office and the petrol driving to the post office.

A medium sized padded envelope cost R3.60. The seller's postage seem to be R35.00. The rest is what the post office charge to ensure your package. At most this seller is charging R10.00 to go and stand in the queue to post your package and to cover his petrol. If this seller only have 1 package to post for the day the R10.00 go towards the petrol bill.

That is still fair in my eyes.

We charge slightly less than R35.00 but then again we post 20 or so packets at a time so standing in the queue and petrol works out very little per item.

Your suggestion of R25.00 will most definitely mean that the seller have to pay some of the shipping out of his/her own pocket.

I would say be dissatisfied before buying next time and not to buy then. The seller has set his price - even if that is R1000.00. You have total freedom to then ignore this sale and not to buy.

Yes, many sellers try to minimize their risk on R1.00 auctions by charging high postage fees, that I also dislike but again, I am not forced in any way to buy from them.

Kin

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Please Remember...

SAPO ''Econoparcel'' Under 1KG = R 18.15

Insured Parcel can only be entered as an ''Ordinary Domestic Parcel'' = R 38.12

This sellers rates are BRILLIANT!!

SProducts    10
SProducts

Where's Antispy? Some answers would help about the shipping problem.

Sipho

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Probably doesn't like the responses.

babyface2    10
babyface2

I agree and disagree with all. i also hate sellers that rip off with shipping but have bought things with outragous postage because i wanted the item. wonder i i will make more money if i put my postage up;) no will not be able to sleep at night people will think i am a thief.

but honestly buyers must read what the shipping is or ask before bidding.