Sign in to follow this  
dstorm

RSA Miniature Sheet Variety

dstorm

Hello all

Perhaps someone or perhaps many collectors / philatelists can give me some advice.

I bought the following from a fellow dealer:

(1) A number of the1983 Beaches Miniature Sheets (SACC 557) on Non-Phosphorescent paper. (Harrison Paper – Blue reflection under the Ultra-Violet light). The normal miniature sheet is Phosphorescent and shows a pinkish tinge under the UV lamp - most likely Swiss Paper.

(2) A number of the above in complete sets of stamps.

My questions are: (1) How many of these sheetlets were issued? (2) Why were they issued? (are they perhaps part of a second printing?). (3) The SACC states that the Miniature Sheet exists and makes no mention of sets. Are my sets of stamps most likely taken from miniature sheets? (I have listed the Miniature Sheets for sale on BoB, but would rather hold back on the complete sets until I am sure about their status).

Hoping to receive some information.

Thanks and regards

Jacques

dstorm

I have always suspected it!

All the Bob stamp buyers and especially the BoB stamp sellers are conspiring against me – the big Silence Conspiracy.

Well, I have tried…..

Regards

Jacques

admin

Hi Jacques,

I can reply to your questions, but it would be all lies :P

dstorm

Thanks admin

It is the thought that counts.

Regards

Jacques

DennisPM

Don't know much about what you are asking but I at least can say Hi!! :):)

Regards

Dennis

alloway65

Hi Jacques,

Back in those historic days I bought all PB stamp issues in bulk...I think these are just butchered miniature sheets.:rolleyes:

Have a good day.

David.

dstorm

Hello Dennis

Thanks for the reply! And “Hi” from my side as well.

Hello David

These stamps might (or most probably are) taken from miniature sheets, but did you get the Blue Paper / Non Phosphorescent as well?

I have been in contact with a couple of RSA collectors since the first post and it seems that these Miniature Sheets are indeed scarce. It seems as if they are part of a second printing.

Should you look at the RSA 1st Definitive Listing in the SACC, you will see that the type of paper is very important to collectors.

Regards

Jacques

alloway65

Hi Jacques,

Have never been into paper and gum variations in SA, but when I get a minute I will check the referenced miniature sheets I have left. Unfortunately threw my UV lamp away over a decade ago.

Regards

David

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Hi Jacques

I have about 80 of these miniature sheets and checked approximately 30 with no luck-All original issue-I think your miniature sheets must be very scarce and unique-REGARDS NEIL

voldermort

Just going through my MS & approx 2 out of 10 are non-phosphur, covers are 1 out of 10 but on the MS I came across one used that is on creamy yellow paper when viewed with fluorescent light.

Possibly different kind of paper was randomly used?