Sign in to follow this  
annaroos

Over Charge On Posting

sungems

Another thing I am thinking about that I am not sure how it can be implemented is if BOB charge commission on the shipping and combining fees as well therefore on the whole of the invoice not just the winning amount.

Bob can reduce the % they charge with egg. an half% to a full% therefore still getting the same amount in there pockets and the seller charging standard shipment will also not pay more to BOB than currently because the reduction in % will even out the higher amount on which it is charged. It will mainly affect the sellers that is charging the higher shipment fees and combining fees

Then NOBODY can benefit from high shipment fees except when it is really necessary to charge them and this ridicules hunt for sellers by sellers can finally end

kinleroux

It is obvious that if you are going to buy something that must be transported/shipped to you, will cost you money - if it is buying on-line or buying bricks over the phone or even in person. there are costs involved.

Will you buy bricks without asking how much it will cost you if they deliver? If the delivery cost then put the total cost outside your budget do you still buy it or do you first shop around a bit or just not buy the bricks?

Why moan and groan afterwards? To high shipping like R100.00 for a locally posted light item is obviously somebody trying to cut the risk of loosing out on a deal or to rob BOB of their commission. Just move on, why the song and dance?

Now bidding can be a real head rush and once one want to win reality can go out the window. Reality say "product price + shipping = fair deal" or "product price + shipping = not a good deal". Head rush bid day "product price + shipping = who cares I want it!!"

Of cause at some stage reality sets in again and now its blame time and excuses time!

You get from "The shipping is too expensive" down the line to "it was not me that bid, it was my son/work buddy/ hacker/ex husband etc.

Then you get the guy that do not want to pay a fair price he wants the bargain of a lifetime every time. Not considering that the seller do not get the product for free but buy it. If "product price + shipping = fair price" then you are fine, you got a good deal. Example: Alarm system normally sell at R2000. You win auction at R1500.00 + R100.00 shipping = R1600. It is a good deal, you saved R400.00 and the seller probably made a good profit too. It is a win win situation. Why bleed the seller dry?

If BOB feels they have to implement something I would make shipping costs mandatory and also display it on each bid page.

Kin

Vinyl Lady Decals

If BOB feels they have to implement something I would make shipping costs mandatory and also display it on each bid page.

Kin

Agreed 10000%. This should stop most buyers from complaining and stop sellers from giving them a shock after they've won the auction.

You'll still get the chancers though, nothing is foolproof.

Cali Craft and Gems

I'm getting more and more buyers who are NOT including postage in their orders - when contacted most say they thought the shipping was included at no charge! This goes for orders varying from R10 to several hundred R's! When approached politely for them to make a shipping selection and payment, sometimes you don't get a pleasant reply! (our free econoparcel shipping is for R700 orders only and this is clearly stated!)

meeks
I'm getting more and more buyers who are NOT including postage in their orders - when contacted most say they thought the shipping was included at no charge! This goes for orders varying from R10 to several hundred R's! When approached politely for them to make a shipping selection and payment, sometimes you don't get a pleasant reply! (our free econoparcel shipping is for R700 orders only and this is clearly stated!)

Frustrating!!! My daughter sold 2 kits (both kits to one buyer) and when completing the sale, buyer promptly combined the second kit FREE., clearly did not read the listings., Total weight of both kits when combined? 3.440kg!!!

kinleroux

We all want to give great customer service (well I do anyway) but when it comes to short pay on shipping etc. you have to be strict. Some sellers take chances and so do some buyers.

If they short pay then don't post. If they the refuse to pay then refund them minus the costs for this sale, that will be your bank charges and the Bid or buy fee if it was a listing that cost something like promotional item listings. Do refund the commission bid or buy took as well as you will now file a SNC with the whole story.

Don't worry about a negative rating - if your side is clean it will fall under revenge rating and the rating will be deleted by BOB if you contact them with all the details.

DharmaDesigns

I bought 4 items from a seller the other day - the total weight of the package was less than 1kg, and she charged me R45 for each item. When you are charged per item, you should be safe in assuming that they will be sent separately, but she combined them, and the actual cost of the postage was R18! Best part, is that we actually live in the same suburb. When I asked her about her high postage costs, she said that she hadn't expected 1 person to buy her discounted items, and she basically had to recoup the money through shipping. She had emailed me to tell me that I still owed more money on shipping, but only if I liked the items did I have to pay an additional R45.

After many arguements about her poor quality of service and bad attitude towards me, I still gave her a positive rating. Now it looks like she's withholding rating me, even though I paid her as soon as I placed the order, and sent her proof of payment.

I actually get so annoyed with sellers like these that I would rather pay full price for an item in a shop, than try to support local people who are supposedly trying to run a business, but are clearly ripping off their customers.

YSLMAGIC

Hi , m sure i speak for all sellers when i say , Shipping is part of the auctions/purchase price , if the shipping is too high DONT BID.... i'd like to think that at R39 postage on most our items and give a 50% discount for any item to be combined, im not 'too ridiculous' but in fairness if i were to make the postage half that , buyers would end up bidding more (but obviously not every time , so we cant take any chances) most buyers do look at the shipping fees and make their decisions from that as to what they are willing to spend the ones that complain are the ones that dont check the shipping details , combining fees , etc so then only the buyer is to blame as they fail to check all the necasary details , i surely hope for their sakes thats not how they go through everything in life. as sellers we try our best to make sure all info is provided before any Clicking has to happen

Edited by YSLMAGIC

qball

Please report excessive shipping to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for investigation. However, Please read the shipping details before bidding, and if not displayed ask the seller via the Q&A.

Thank you

Cuan

brands online
Hi , m sure i speak for all sellers when i say , Shipping is part of the auctions/purchase price , if the shipping is too high DONT BID.... i'd like to think that at R39 postage on most our items and give a 50% discount for any item to be combined, im not 'too ridiculous' but in fairness if i were to make the postage half that , buyers would end up bidding more (but obviously not every time , so we cant take any chances) most buyers do look at the shipping fees and make their decisions from that as to what they are willing to spend the ones that complain are the ones that dont check the shipping details , combining fees , etc so then only the buyer is to blame as they fail to check all the necasary details , i surely hope for their sakes thats not how they go through everything in life. as sellers we try our best to make sure all info is provided before any Clicking has to happen

This is an endless debate dude...

MagicMoments

Hi there all sellers, beware! I suspect that some PO staffers are starting their Christmas shopping very early this year, have had two items just vanish into thin air in the last two weeks - 1 x speed services and 1 x insured econo parcel.

babyface2
Please report excessive shipping to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za for investigation. However, Please read the shipping details before bidding, and if not displayed ask the seller via the Q&A.

Thank you

Cuan

Hi Cuan

i have reported a certain seller about 20 times for high postage charges yet nothing is getting done about it, the only response if any is that the shipping charges is waarented. sorry but to charge R99.00 for shipping on an item that would only be R18.15 for shipping is a bit crazy and then the bid increments is only R1.00. this is on wednesday auctions. surely she is bypassing the commission she has to pay. i would like to know why she is not being disabled as a seller untill she sorts her shipping out. she also also sneaks in her listings once the auction is open and bob admin is probably at home already.

hope to see some action in this regard

sungems
Hi Cuan

i have reported a certain seller about 20 times for high postage charges yet nothing is getting done about it, the only response if any is that the shipping charges is waarented. sorry but to charge R99.00 for shipping on an item that would only be R18.15 for shipping is a bit crazy and then the bid increments is only R1.00. this is on wednesday auctions. surely she is bypassing the commission she has to pay. i would like to know why she is not being disabled as a seller untill she sorts her shipping out. she also also sneaks in her listings once the auction is open and bob admin is probably at home already.

Shipping is not just postal cost it includes much more expenses that is added to the shipment amount by sellers. Although R99 for an econo parcel seems high, I am sure that BidorBuy would have investigated it when you brought it to there attention the first time and if they are satisfied with it then you should to.

Apart from the suggestion I made earlier that BOB should charge a lower % commission on the whole invoice (shipping included) they can maybe include a checkmark kind of icon next to the shipping section that when anybody report a high postage fee and they investigated it this icon will appear to inform any other user BOB investigate the seller shipment charged and approve of this sellers sipping fees/conditions/combining fees etc. This icon will obviously be deactivated when the seller change anything on this/her shipping section.

BOB will then not need to have to look at the same shipment fee complaints 20 times as been reported by only one user what to say about other users reporting the same seller.

Wild Olive Art

There are many sellers who try to make a profit from the shipping costs.

I recently bought an item and had the option of adding insurance to the shipping costs . According to the seller , insurance is 5% of the declared value - as per his listing - "INSURANCE IS OPTIONAL @ 5% of total value( post office increase on all insured packages)"

This is absolute nonsense ! Insurance is 2% and there have definitely not been any postal increases !!

qball
Hi Cuan

Thank you, we have investigated and considering the items being shipped and the amount of care and packaging that goes into shipping such items, the seller may be justified in charging this amount, plus this is clearly stipulated on the listing. Unfortunately we consider this matter closed now.

Kind regards

Cuan

Guest Guest
Hi there all sellers, beware! I suspect that some PO staffers are starting their Christmas shopping very early this year, have had two items just vanish into thin air in the last two weeks - 1 x speed services and 1 x insured econo parcel.

Hi there Moneybaqdad, thanx for the warning, but then they must be shopping all year because I have had various parcels vanish throughout the year :mad:

I still say BoB must start a courier company, good for them, good for us :whistling:

brands online

Oi, this SAPO thing is starting to become ridiculous. All of a sudden I have queries on 3 parcels! Not to mention a FOURTH that has been delivered to and I kid you not: G. NOONE as per SAPO tracking system...:mad:

anerstemens

Lost to personal packages from UK, they got shipped till SA then disappear of the tracking system :( I`ll never see them again. :(

Oi, this SAPO thing is starting to become ridiculous. All of a sudden I have queries on 3 parcels! Not to mention a FOURTH that has been delivered to and I kid you not: G. NOONE as per SAPO tracking system...:mad:

BumbleBabe

Cut out PO and postal cost arguements - Start a BOB parcel service. I am sure BOB has sellers and buyers in just about ever town or City that can sort parcels:idea:

jacque31
Cut out PO and postal cost arguements - Start a BOB parcel service. I am sure BOB has sellers and buyers in just about ever town or City that can sort parcels:idea:

LoL

But seriously though - it's very easy with things like insurance for example. Make it a rule to use the % that the post office is charging. If it is 2% then the seller must not be allowed to charge it @ 5% ! Finished. I mean I can understand that some add a little money because of materials used, time spend, petrol ect. But what reason is the higher insurance charge? What they needed to help with the post office completing it, helping with paper work ect......I don't think so. That is clearly just to make extra profit by ripping people off ! So things like that is as clear as day light and should be stopped. And the buyer is not getting more out, if they charge 5% and the package can only be insured at 2%, what gives?! Just pure greed if you ask me.

And another thing, why do buyers support sellers doing this. They buy then complain about it. You think if they keep getting business they will stop....umh NO! So stop supporting them if you don't like it. Soon when they don't get anymore business - they will have 2 options. Either stop ripping people off or go out of business. So easy!

Okay enough ranting for today :razz:

brands online
LoL

But seriously though - it's very easy with things like insurance for example. Make it a rule to use the % that the post office is charging. If it is 2% then the seller must not be allowed to charge it @ 5% ! Finished. I mean I can understand that some add a little money because of materials used, time spend, petrol ect. But what reason is the higher insurance charge? What they needed to help with the post office completing it, helping with paper work ect......I don't think so. That is clearly just to make extra profit by ripping people off ! So things like that is as clear as day light and should be stopped. And the buyer is not getting more out, if they charge 5% and the package can only be insured at 2%, what gives?! Just pure greed if you ask me.

And another thing, why do buyers support sellers doing this. They buy then complain about it. You think if they keep getting business they will stop....umh NO! So stop supporting them if you don't like it. Soon when they don't get anymore business - they will have 2 options. Either stop ripping people off or go out of business. So easy!

Okay enough ranting for today :razz:

Overcharging on insurance to make a profit is against the law, I believe, so it constitutes fraud

YSLMAGIC

ok im guilty of 5% insurance charge on small items , but thats because .........the post office use to charge the same rate for a parcel under 1kg irrespective of it being insured or not , they recently changed that and charge almost double the standard rate + 2% insurance and since 90% of my items which fall into the small items category are under R100 so if a buyer insures , they only pay R3 extra and i pay R13 extra so while it looks like im scoring on 5% im actually losing but rather take this knock becuase most buyers would not insure a R100 item so it doesnt happen often , and if i were to just charge the 2% and increase the postage value my post price would be too high

brands online
ok im guilty of 5% insurance charge on small items , but thats because .........the post office use to charge the same rate for a parcel under 1kg irrespective of it being insured or not , they recently changed that and charge almost double the standard rate + 2% insurance and since 90% of my items which fall into the small items category are under R100 so if a buyer insures , they only pay R3 extra and i pay R13 extra so while it looks like im scoring on 5% im actually losing but rather take this knock becuase most buyers would not insure a R100 item so it doesnt happen often , and if i were to just charge the 2% and increase the postage value my post price would be too high

I don't understand what you're saying here Y, SAPO rates are standard across the board. Small and large parcels 2%, Parcels under 1kg (Small) fall into Econoparcel category (depending on the dimensions, which are available in the rates book). That's what they should be charging by law. I don't get this whole double the standard rate thing.

For a while they didn't insure econoparcels but that's back to normal for months now. So if your post office is charging you ordinary parcel rates for an econoparcel still, you need to take that up with them. Econoparcels can still be insured as far as I know.

Besides, insurance from SAPO is more of a time waster than anything else. Their claims take forever to get done and as a seller you need to fill out about 10 forms for every parcel that goes missing.

Edited by brands online

YSLMAGIC
I don't understand what you're saying here Y, SAPO rates are standard across the board. Small and large parcels 2%, Parcels under 1kg (Small) fall into Econoparcel category (depending on the dimensions, which are available in the rates book). That's what they should be charging by law. I don't get this whole double the standard rate thing.

For a while they didn't insure econoparcels but that's back to normal for months now. So if your post office is charging you ordinary parcel rates for an econoparcel still, you need to take that up with them. Econoparcels can still be insured as far as I know.

Besides, insurance from SAPO is more of a time waster than anything else. Their claims take forever to get done and as a seller you need to fill out about 10 forms for every parcel that goes missing.

hi Brands , for around about the past 3 months now even if a parcel falls into econo category amd you want to insure it ,it automatically falls into the 1-2kg category and then you still need to pay 2% for insurance on top of that...so how can i charge my customers R15 more for an itme that might weigh only 100g?

TS Ron

This has been an on going argument for many years the solution is simple you simply do not purchase from a seller such as that again.. Postage should be a service to the client as well instead of wanting to add on your fuel costs etc.