Sign in to follow this  
Asha Craft Jewellery

Message to buyer via BoB not working...

Asha Craft Jewellery

Could someone please explain why the messages that we send through Bidorbuy's new messaging system simply does not reach our buyers? At first we thought it might only affect users with gmail email addresses, but it's the same for most others too. Not just the freemail accounts.

This is really a bother as we've switched over to emailing the tracking nrs through Bidorbuy instead of straight to the buyer. And again and again we get emails from frustrated buyers demanding their tracking nrs. Especially return buyers, even saying that they are not used to waiting so long for their tracking nrs. When I copy and paste the message from the website to prove to the buyers that we did indeed send the tracking number (sometimes nearly a week ago already) then they can't explain why they did not get the Bidorbuy email, and neither can we!

A few of the buyers have helped us out by confirming that they added bidorbuy (and us) to their whitelist for receiving emails and get all other correspondence from Bidorbuy and from us at Asha Craft, but not this specific email containing the tracking nr. WHYYYYY!!

I'm not talking about one or two buyers either. More in the region of 30 buyers have contacted me directly for a tracking nr in the past week. Not cool... This means double work. Or else I can decide to send the Bidorbuy messaging system back to where it belongs (unused) and go back to the primitive way of direct emailing.

Can the BoB techs please check this out? Pretty please?

kr,

Amanda

MacMuffin
Could someone please explain why the messages that we send through Bidorbuy's new messaging system simply does not reach our buyers? At first we thought it might only affect users with gmail email addresses, but it's the same for most others too. Not just the freemail accounts.

I am PM'ing you my email so that you can pls send me a list of buyer-userid's and related orderid's so we can have a look at it. We are not aware of any mail-issues and this is sometimes difficult to track (i.e. recipients mailboxes running full etc), but I am sure we can figure this out somehow.

If anyone else is experiencing similar issues, please post here.

BTW: The way we send messages to buyers is the same mechanism as any other outbound email (i.e. auction alerts, order confirmations etc) - and if there was a general issue, we would have noticed that quite quickly.

Little Miss Muffet

If my buyers dont get the mail with tracking numbers where do they rate you negative?:P

None of the emails I have sent appear in my sent mail on my gmail. Should they be recorded there?

eZethu Coins

This is really a bother as we've switched over to emailing the tracking nrs through Bidorbuy instead of straight to the buyer. And again and again we get emails from frustrated buyers demanding their tracking nrs. Especially return buyers, even saying that they are not used to waiting so long for their tracking nrs. When I copy and paste the message from the website to prove to the buyers that we did indeed send the tracking number (sometimes nearly a week ago already) then they can't explain why they did not get the Bidorbuy email, and neither can we!

A few of the buyers have helped us out by confirming that they added bidorbuy (and us) to their whitelist for receiving emails and get all other correspondence from Bidorbuy and from us at Asha Craft, but not this specific email containing the tracking nr. WHYYYYY!!

I'm not talking about one or two buyers either. More in the region of 30 buyers have contacted me directly for a tracking nr in the past week. Not cool... This means double work. Or else I can decide to send the Bidorbuy messaging system back to where it belongs (unused) and go back to the primitive way of direct emailing.

Can the BoB techs please check this out? Pretty please?

kr,

Amanda

Hmmm - a bit alarming - I am still running a dual system - have been for about a month, until I have feedback that it is working fine. was about to stop and move over to the BoB method only - seems I should wait a while longer and investigate with my buyers first. Let us know if this get's resolved please Amanda.

MacMuffin
Hmmm - a bit alarming - I am still running a dual system - have been for about a month, until I have feedback that it is working fine. was about to stop and move over to the BoB method only - seems I should wait a while longer and investigate with my buyers first. Let us know if this get's resolved please Amanda.

I don't believe it is reason to worry or stay away from the new sales tools. We have a large number of sellers using the system of sending notes to buyers. As I said in my earlier post, emails are sent the same way as any other email and the only report of emails not arriving are from Asha.

That being said, we do acknowledge that in most cases the emails are dropped on the recipients side (either through their ISP, or wrongly land in a Spam folder).

In Asha's case, 3 recipients have Gmail accounts and it is surprising that those emails did not arrive, as our mail-servers are with Google and we did not notice any bounced mails.

We are not alarmed by this, as on a daily basis we send out between 40-100K mails and if there was a grave problem, it would have surfaced quickly. We will go through the logs for the specific days and see if we can spot a pattern.

Email is generally reliable, as a mail-server will attempt to resend several times over a period of days if for example the recipien'ts mail-account is full or can not accept mails.

eZethu Coins
I don't believe it is reason to worry or stay away from the new sales tools. We have a large number of sellers using the system of sending notes to buyers. As I said in my earlier post, emails are sent the same way as any other email and the only report of emails not arriving are from Asha.

That being said, we do acknowledge that in most cases the emails are dropped on the recipients side (either through their ISP, or wrongly land in a Spam folder).

In Asha's case, 3 recipients have Gmail accounts and it is surprising that those emails did not arrive, as our mail-servers are with Google and we did not notice any bounced mails.

We are not alarmed by this, as on a daily basis we send out between 40-100K mails and if there was a grave problem, it would have surfaced quickly. We will go through the logs for the specific days and see if we can spot a pattern.

Email is generally reliable, as a mail-server will attempt to resend several times over a period of days if for example the recipien'ts mail-account is full or can not accept mails.

Thanks - I do a spot check today and post feedback here.

Little Miss Muffet

When we send these messages should the mail go to our sent mail.I have no proof in my sent mail that any messages were sent.

MacMuffin
When we send these messages should the mail go to our sent mail.I have no proof in my sent mail that any messages were sent.

Hi geewhizz! The messages sent to buyers are sent from the BoB-servers. We are just going through Asha's reported recipients and I can tell sofar that first spot-checks have shown, that those emails have been sent by BoB. I will post some more details here in a little while.

lilythepink

I agree with geewhizz on this! How are we to check our advices to buyers if they don't go into our sent mail boxes?

kebs

I haven't had any problems so far, & have in fact had buyers replying to the messages I have sent them through BoB - so working well for me! :D

Little Miss Muffet

When I send a message via the new sales page I dont get any clarification in my gmail that it was sent. I have had 2 notifications. I cant find them in my mail now but why 2 and not any of the others.

I may have deleted this mail. It could be that the buyer replied via the mail and these were the only 2 I received.

MacMuffin

Asha, we concluded our investigation (I sent you the detailed logs and am just posting an extract for anyone else's interest below).

We can safely say, that all our mails are sent and accepted by the recipient's email servers. The status "250 .... accepted" means that the recipient's mail-server as accepted the mail from us and should have forwarded it to the recipient.

Unfortunately we can not investigate what happens after an email has been handed over to Nedbanks' mail-servers (or of the recipient has any aggressive mail-filters - I do find that Outlook/Outlook Express too often flags legitimate email as Spam --- a whitelisting of bidorbuy.co.za would perhaps help)

24 Aug 10 10:11 XXXXX@nedbank.co.za
Aug 24 10:10:43 backend postfix/smtp[15069]: 7517CE7CF9: to=, relay=mxgw04.nedbank.co.za[168.142.192.38]:25, delay=0.54, delays=0.12/0/0.36/0.05, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 ok:  Message 89824755 accepted)
[b]Aug 24 10:11:54 backend postfix/smtp[15087]: 9B1D3F7C32: to=, relay=mxgw04.nedbank.co.za[168.142.192.38]:25, delay=0.41, delays=0.04/0/0.32/0.05, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 ok:  Message 89825590 accepted)[/b]

24 Aug 10 10:34 XXXXX@gmail.com
[b]Aug 24 10:34:58 backend postfix/smtp[14043]: EB621F7C3E: to=, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.45.27]:25, delay=1.9, delays=0/0/0.84/1.1, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1282638898 n2si15922069ybk.80[/b]

27 Aug 10 15:25 XXXXX@gmail.com
[b]Aug 27 15:25:04 backend postfix/smtp[24392]: DFFA9E7C86: to=, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[74.125.45.27]:25, delay=2.1, delays=0/0/0.81/1.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1282915503 h14si7881348ybd.59)[/b]

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I have over 70 sales weekly and only use the bob message system to communicate-It is working 100% for me!!Also the tracking number is recorded on the order and date sent etc so the buyer can look at the order and see all the details and I have never yet had any queries as before for tracking number etc-Works perfectly for me.

NEIL

eZethu Coins
Hi geewhizz! The messages sent to buyers are sent from the BoB-servers. We are just going through Asha's reported recipients and I can tell sofar that first spot-checks have shown, that those emails have been sent by BoB. I will post some more details here in a little while.

Just tested the system with Bubble Bee :-) and it is going through and at a fair speed as well.

SUGGESTION:

==========

So I might just move over completely - would be nice to have an option whereby one can choose to have a copy send to yourself at your own e-mail address for own record keeping purposes - I have to keep track of my shipping & tracking#'s until received by buyers.

Digitrade

I do not get e-mail notifications when a buyer has sent me as a seller a message? I do not look at every sale detail that often, and have missed some messages. Maybe someone can look into this as well.

lilythepink
Just tested the system with Bubble Bee :-) and it is going through and at a fair speed as well.

SUGGESTION:

==========

So I might just move over completely - would be nice to have an option whereby one can choose to have a copy send to yourself at your own e-mail address for own record keeping purposes - I have to keep track of my shipping & tracking#'s until received by buyers.

I second this proposal - that we be given the option to send a copy to ourselves! (We do need to have a record for ourselves of emails we have sent and not have to worry Uncle BoB each time!) :)

Asha Craft Jewellery

Or just search the buyers username on BoB and see the tracking nr email there? lol

Back to the original problem, Renaldo, you can move over to BoB's system. I figured out the problem!

In the emails I sent (via BoB) I added parceltrack's weblink so that the buyer can track the parcel. BUT, seems some servers just don't like links. I changed the wording a bit so that it's not a link, but a reference to the website and VOILA! No more threatening emails... lol

Sorry for blaming BoB :(

MacMuffin
Or just search the buyers username on BoB and see the tracking nr email there? lol

Back to the original problem, Renaldo, you can move over to BoB's system. I figured out the problem!

In the emails I sent (via BoB) I added parceltrack's weblink so that the buyer can track the parcel. BUT, seems some servers just don't like links. I changed the wording a bit so that it's not a link, but a reference to the website and VOILA! No more threatening emails... lol

Sorry for blaming BoB :(

Hi Asha, could you pls mail both messages so that I can have a look at this. No email server should ignore mails with a link embedded. You should still have my email, otherwise I PM it to you again...

Little Miss Muffet

Macmuffin are yo able to check whether mail is getting through to a buyer.

User dramarvet id 24729560 and 3 other items.He is an international buyer and I dont get responses to emails

I am trying to establish(from him) if he has received these items.

MacMuffin
Macmuffin are yo able to check whether mail is getting through to a buyer.

User dramarvet id 24729560 and 3 other items.He is an international buyer and I dont get responses to emails

I am trying to establish(from him) if he has received these items.

I can safely confirm that for that user 13 mails were sent on 5/9 and 2 mails on 7/9.