Sign in to follow this  
SProducts

Blocking a buyer!

SProducts    10
SProducts

I am trying to block this buyer, All ratings received by mlutwala on bidorbuy.co.za for this item Other Cell Phones & Smartphones - **FREE OVERNIGHT COUNTER TO COUNTER SHIPPING** BLACK I9++ 3.2" QVGA JAVA 2-Sim Dual Standby Mobile for sale in Johannesburg (ID:24761347)

The buyer bought 2 items on Buy Now and didnt pay, judging by the -4 rating there wont be any payment. The problem is the system comes back with an error that I do not have a sale to the user within the last 60 day.

Its not only this one, it happened on another Buy Now auction.

Are we not allowed to block buyers who did a Buy Now?

Sipho

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Sipho. MacMuffin was reviewing the whole blocking issue a short while back. Some sellers were just blocking anyone they had a minor issue with, and some were blocking any newbie buyers.

So I think your issue is related to those changes.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I don't know how you block buyers with a minor issue. I thought it was only if you delt with them before. In the case I had buyers which had ended up disappearing with a -4 or such...

mellowred    10
mellowred
I don't know how you block buyers with a minor issue. I thought it was only if you delt with them before. In the case I had buyers which had ended up disappearing with a -4 or such...

If you read Sipho's post again, you'll notice that the guy bought two items and did not pay.

Has he just bid on another of your items Sipho? Or are you doing a bit of spring-cleaning?

SProducts    10
SProducts
If you read Sipho's post again, you'll notice that the guy bought two items and did not pay.

Has he just bid on another of your items Sipho? Or are you doing a bit of spring-cleaning?

I am actually trying stop him from bidding as he seems to enjoy bidding and buying. What's worse is he bought the item on Buy Now and a few minutes later bought the same item again.

Now I think he might be tempted to buy again and that is why I wanted to block him even before the SNC time as he clearly wont pay.

Sipho

mellowred    10
mellowred
.... he seems to enjoy bidding and buying ...
... and not paying ... LOL.

Oh, I understand your problem now, a Buy Now is closed the minute it is bid on. Perhaps you could ask hello@BOB they may block him for you if your reason is legit.

SProducts    10
SProducts
... and not paying ... LOL.

Oh, I understand your problem now, a Buy Now is closed the minute it is bid on. Perhaps you could ask hello@BOB they may block him for you if your reason is legit.

Maybe he'll get blacklisted soon. I remember there was a thread to report deabeat bidders. I got the link and will post the buyer there.

Sipho

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
Hi Sipho. MacMuffin was reviewing the whole blocking issue a short while back. Some sellers were just blocking anyone they had a minor issue with, and some were blocking any newbie buyers.

So I think your issue is related to those changes.

I do think that the Blocking feature should be the same as "Right of Admission Reserved". Do I have to sell to everyone? No - certainly not - it is my choice to sell to somebody as much as it is their choice to buy from me. Is it then an issue if I block a user for whatever reason? I don't think so.

I was blocked by a seller a while ago - still have no idea why - it was no loss to me, because the items that I buy are available from a multitude of sellers.

I therefor cannot think of a way in which this feature can really be abused - it is a free-choice system.

(just my 2c worth)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Renaldo - anyone who blocks you as a buyer is just jealous of your good looks! ;)

kebs    10
kebs

I also had problems blocking a first time buyer who didn't pay. SNC filed & completed, then I could block the buyer?