Sign in to follow this  
brands online

BOB emails

brands online

Hi, because of the number of items we sell, we've chosen not to get emails regarding items closing, openeing, bid on etc. However, this means we receive basically no emails from BOB except for ratings or community watch. No bobPay EFT advices, no notes from buyers, etc. Is there any way to get these emails without having to get emails about our auctions???

RAG Auctioneers

We second that.

brands online

Thanks RAG. The main reason is that bobPay EFT payments DO NOT get alocate to the sellers statements in order of completion. This creates a problem when reconciling as payments can and have appeared as 'Completed' 3 and 4 days later and are then sometimes missed. The emails would help in that case. The new notes between buyer and seller could then also be received... Thanks

brands online

any feed.....back?

MsPlod

Outlook rules and alerts...

One way to deal with it is to allow ALL emails - but simply set up rules on Outlook which sort your emails for you - so that all those you want get placed into folders which are labelled - e.g. Forum; BoBPay; etc.

Really easy to do and all those you do not want you just aim for the folder.

You can always do a quick check through deleted items before getting rid of them for good - do a sort and it is really quick to check through.

Of course - on the other hand, if BoB could set something like this up then it would be just dandy:p

MacMuffin
Hi, because of the number of items we sell, we've chosen not to get emails regarding items closing, openeing, bid on etc. However, this means we receive basically no emails from BOB except for ratings or community watch. No bobPay EFT advices, no notes from buyers, etc. Is there any way to get these emails without having to get emails about our auctions???

Hi,

we checked our mail-logs for the last 30 days (starting 9th August) and we have submitted 462 emails to your registered email address in that time-frame.

Opting out from the item-notification emails will not opt-out from any other communication (i.e. messages from buyers).

To perhaps getting to the bottom of this, some stats over the last 2 days:

06/09: 37 emails. First at 00:37:47 and last at 23:43:12

07/09: 11 emails: First at 05:52:54 and last at 12:05:41 (we pulled the logs shortly after that)

If you can not confirm to have received at least those numbers of emails, it appears that there is an issue with your ISP/hosting company, as our mail-servers handed those mails successfully over.

I will email you the complete log and if you feel that there are issues, you can forward those to your service-provider for investigation.

Our mail-servers do not require white-listing as they have the necessary security-mechanisms in place to pass through the ISPs without being wrongly flagged as SPAM.

MacMuffin

Quick update: Tks to brands_online for pointing this out, we did find a case in our code, where sellers did not get notified about payment-completions if you opted out of all communications. This must have been an oversight and in place for quite some time, and sellers who have opted out of all notification will now also get EFT- & Paypal notifications.

brands online

Thanks alot guys, issue is sorted now and making my life a whole lot easier

RAG Auctioneers

Could this be the same issue with Buyers notes?

It is causing a lot of headaches that buyers notes are not emailed to us.

We are now receiving EFT payments though.

Thanks.

brands online

True that, should have included 'buyers notes' with original thread. Please guys, could be that code thing again. Ta!

brands online

Buyers notes still don't come through in emails guys. If you have some time... Thanks

MacMuffin
Buyers notes still don't come through in emails guys. If you have some time... Thanks

can you give us some buyers aliases?

brands online

Hi Mac, you can choose any from my selling profile as no buyer messages come through on email. They show on the BOB system but just don't get mailed to us when initiated by the buyer. Ta.

RAG Auctioneers

Same here...

The only mails we receive are Payment mails (since you fixed up the above problems.)

No buyers notes get mailed to us.

Thanks.

MacMuffin

What you mean no buyers notes get mailed? A buyer's note gets mailed as part of the order completion (in the mail we sent to the seller). Or do you mean that no notes from you, the seller gets received by the buyer?

If the latter, we checked the logs of our mail-server and everything looks fine. We did hear this morning from Internet Solutions that they had issues with THEIR relay-email servers (we are not affected by this, but possibly hosting companies you host with/have your email accounts with). We did see some deferred emails (i.e. the recipient mail-server did not want to accept the mail and then our mail-servers retry). We have not seen any errors where our outbound mail can not be delivered (other than cases where the recipient email was wrong - i.e. johndoe@gimal.com instead of johndoe@gmail.com).

If you have any concrete examples, let me know. @brandsonline - I checked your order notes and I could certainly see outbound mails to the buyers which match the time you captured the note (we don't store any other details than the TO-address in the logs, and I can not confirm content or if it really originated from your order, but time matches to the second for those recipients).

brands online

Hi Mac, we get no emails regarding buyer's notes from the buyer or BOB nor any mail saying an order has been placed with us either. Please see the beginning of this thread where we explained the situation. Since then, the eft payment mail issue has been corrected, but not the buyers notes. This isn't a mail exchange server problem either. When a buyer completes a 'note' that 'note' should be emailed to the seller. That's what we don't receive and I think I'm correct in assuming RAG Auctioneers refer to the same problem. Thanks

YSLMAGIC

Hi all ok if i can help/add to this , i have never ever been notified via email that a buyer has left me a buyers note or on the new system , a message , i assumed becuase i had also opted not to recieve item notifications.

are there seperate emails sent to notify sellers of buyers leaving notes/messages becuase of there is it would help a great deal

brands online

Hi YSL, that's exactly what we're saying. Used to be like that with EFT payments too. Because we have so many auctions running and closing, we also opted out of receiving the endless notifications. That meant bobPay EFT payments were also not received. That has been corrected. However, buyers notes are still not received if a seller opts out of the notification about auctions emails.

MacMuffin

Hi YSL/brands_online - when you tick the option "Never Email about items. This option may be useful if you bid, buy or sell many items." we will not sent out any notification. The intention with this option is that sellers will manage all sales through the Sales Tools and will (as the option says) get no email.

I think the option "Email when an item is bought or your item close with a winning bid." is more appropriate. The buyers note is attached to an order and with this option you will receive the sales notification which includes the buyer's note. You will obviously also see the buyer's note in the order through the Sales Tools.

The option "Never Email about items. This option may be useful if you bid, buy or sell many items." will not sent any item-related emails (i.e. you will not get an email that an order has been placed).

YSLMAGIC

hi Mac

thats what i figured , but its fine i will rather opt not to recieve the buyers note email , then to get thousands of emails that i will just be deleting , wasting mine and bob's money and time

Thanks for the info Mac

brands online

I also really don't want ALL those emails/details. I think it'a rather ridiculous to receive information on an auction that closes that you opened. But anyway, that's beside the point. Buyer's notes are as important to sellers as seller's notes to buyers. I just figured they'd be sent as a seperate mail regardless of the opting out option. Thanks for clarifying Mac, much appreciated

RAG Auctioneers

If we were to receive all orders, we would miss the buyers note anyway because it will all just get deleted in the mailbox.

Since this note thing became popular, buyers put some really important information in there, rather than emailing to us....

Little Miss Muffet

It seems a second email on 16th Nov did not get through to this user Item 3353580

I have had a call from 2 users re tracking numbers but am still trying to establish if they received their emails.

Item 3365929 and 3364785