Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Would you pay R39 postage plus bid cost?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

For two coins worth R4.00, am I not understanding something? Would someone really bid on these two coins AND pay R39.00 for postage?

/www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/25542301/_10_YEARS_OF_FREEDOM_R2_COINS_STILL_IN_GREAT_CONDITION_one_bid_for_two_coins.html:confused:

Auction number 25542301 refers.

babyface2    10
babyface2

oh lily you and me might not but there seems to some buyers out there that does not mind paying these ridiculous postage amounts:o i think some sellers really take advantage of buyers:(

Zelf    10
Zelf

I usualy include the postage into my budget to bid for a coin. Thus if postage is R30 and I'm willing to pay R100 for a coin.. My max bid is R70...

I would also look for more coins from the same seller. and bid on a few more. If a seller wants extra money per coin, I usualy see them as a scam and don't bid.

Bid smart.

anerstemens    10
anerstemens

Thats a good point Zelf is making if you buy more coins does the postage stay he same or does this seller increase the postage every time,

kyle2    10
kyle2

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some people(like myself) like certain coins and are willing to pay whatever for them, at least the have a certain intrinsic value and are not plastic placebo's which don't do anything I suppose.:razz:

I look at all the coins I collect and throw the total postage into the mix and divide it up that way, it does not seem so bad then.