Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Items not in stock...

RISadler    10
RISadler

This has probably been discussed before...

Why are sellers allowed to sell items they do not have in stock?

jphotography    10
jphotography

Sometimes they will tell you that they have stock and then when you order you wait for weeks and weeks for the item!

Good question

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

There are approved drop-shipping sellers on BoB. They are listed somewhere on the forum but I'm not quite sure where. Can someone else help? Anyone not on the list is not allowed to dropship.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Lily, it's not dropshippers, but sellers who order the item after you pay for it.

For example, with photographic equipment... advertise on BoB, someone purchases, then seller orders it from B&H Photo (in New York, USA). The item is delivered to the seller's address and they then send it off to the buyer - sometimes without even repackaging it. Something like that...

Same-O with computer equipment.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

But people who don't have the items in their possession are not allowed to advertise on BoB without express permission from BoB (and they appear on the "drop-shipping permission list"!)

RISadler    10
RISadler

Ah, OK. Will check it out if this particular seller is listed. Back soon...

RISadler    10
RISadler

Back again...

According to qball: "Dropshipping - have a supplier located elsewhere who sends the goods directly to the buyer."

This particular seller is (a) not on the list of authorised dropshippers, and (b) not dropshipping. He orders the product from his supplier after you buy and pay for it. If the item is out of stock at the supplier, then you, the buyer, waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits and waits for your item.

qball    10
qball

Hi

Who is the seller you are referring to? I will have a look into it.

Thanks

Cuan

qball    10
qball

Thank you, we have requested the user to remove the items not in stock, as we do not allow pre-orders (unless permission has been granted by us). The seller should have stock of the item.

Thanks

Cuan

RISadler    10
RISadler

Brilliant stuff, qball!

I take it we, the community, should in future report such listings directly to CW?

qball    10
qball

Yes, that would be correct.

Thank you

Cuan

Daykie    10
Daykie

Aren't there also sellers who give a feed to Bidorbuy from their website, but no stock numbers, (people such as take2)? In that case the product might be listed on their online store but not actually in stock? Just like if you order something from a real online store like amazon or kalahari, they are subject to stock availability?

RISadler    10
RISadler

(Sorry, qball, old habits die hard and unwanted schizophrenic personalities even harder.)

Response from CW's Bennet Massyn: "Please be advised that the seller does have permission from BOB to sell in this manner."

In our opinion, this is totally unacceptable. We must pay now - otherwise the order is not placed - and then have to wait an indeterminate number of "weeks" for our product to arrive. Cow-paddies.

What further exasperates the issue, is that the seller does not make use of BoBPay. He gets our money now - we get the lens three months later. Or whenever. Monkey-muffins.

(We have a suggestion regarding this... actually it is Totalitarian Bob's idea.)

Obviously we won't be purchasing from this or any such sellers (on BoB) and, although we personally don't care buffalo-bagels, it is in our not so humble opinion ruining the BoB experience. Your milage will most definitely vary from ours.

qball    10
qball

bidorbuy, may at it's sole discretion allow certain sellers to sell in this manner, particularly if they are a reputable trade feed partner as this seller is.

I am sorry you disagree with this, but it is at our discretion to allow this.

Kind regards

Cuan

qball    10
qball
Aren't there also sellers who give a feed to Bidorbuy from their website, but no stock numbers, (people such as take2)? In that case the product might be listed on their online store but not actually in stock? Just like if you order something from a real online store like amazon or kalahari, they are subject to stock availability?

Yes, that would be correct. This generally applies to existing online retailers who have a reputable online business in existence already, who give us a trade feed.

Kind regards

Cuan

RISadler    10
RISadler

Par for the course.

qball    10
qball

Yes, it unfortunately is... :)

jphotography    10
jphotography

Oh boy I am soooooo cheesed of at this moment. I need a fisheye lens for a shoot for this weekend, and did not want to hire one. Saw one online and asked the question: Do you have stock, answer came in as YES. Ordered the lens within minutes and paid within minutes. I just received an email saying thanks for the order we will let you know when the lens arrives then you can collect. I even made an intermediate payment as I needed the lens for the weekend, I wanted to collect tomorrow.

I emailed the guy asking how long must I wait. Well I am still waiting for this reply :(

RISadler    10
RISadler

Yip, welcome to the club ... we've got jackets!

I've planned a big trip along the West Coast and through the Northern Cape at the end of this month. Not really need the lens, but do feel it will be an essential part of the kit.

I really hate this "order-when-you-order" business model. And the funny thing is the cash is burning in my wallet, so whoever had stock would have gotten the sale. But nobody has, so maybe I'll borrow one and discover it isn't so wonderful a lens? Then who wins and who loses?

RISadler    10
RISadler

jphotography, I nearly forgot... selling under pretence is against the law. If the seller told you he had it in stock and you bought the item on that fact, then ask your money back ... or else.

jphotography    10
jphotography

I will wait for his email, I really need this lens for a shoot, if he can't supply me the lens I am going to ask my money back! FInish and klaar!

jphotography    10
jphotography

Just received the email. Tell me 2-3 working days, I am dissapointment! So much for asking if they had stock!