Sign in to follow this  
AngelaBraun

Seller Beware

AngelaBraun    10
AngelaBraun

Just a little advice when listing Unmounted Mint (especially colonial complete sets).

I will tell you a story of what happened to me. I listed a complete set of Unmounted Mint set of stamps at a very high catalogue value. It sold and the buyer informed me when he received it that the high values were all mounted. Strangely in his conversation with me he stated the only reason why he bought it was for the high values since the ones he had were mounted.

Since I have a money back guarantee on all my items if not as described I told him to return the item. When I received it back I knew for a fact that those were not my stamps that were returned to me as I would never list a high value set of stamps with white paper hinges on them without disclosing this fact.

It was my word against his. In all honesty why would I list a set as unmounted (especially the High Values) if they were mounted.

My advice is when listing high value unmounted mint material be shrewd enough to scan the back of the set as well and display the front and back of the set.

Dont be caught like I was and beware of these unscrupulous buyers who will try every dishonest trick in the trade to complete their collections at your expence.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Some people are amazing, and not in a good way.

I hope you've blocked this buyer.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

What a miserable experience! :( Sorry to hear you had this happen to you, Angela. But the wheel turns - even if you aren't always there to see it, believe you me it does turn!

Kit W    10
Kit W

WOW!! What an unpleasant experience Angela. If there is a more than honest & helpful seller on BoB then Angela tops the list - you should actually "name & shame" but being the lady that you are you will leave this for us to fathom out

Thanks for bringing this to our attention - to the buyer.....:mad: :(