Sign in to follow this  
jgmoore

Castle Beers Jug

jgmoore    10
jgmoore

Hi Guys, i have a Castle Beers Jug with the ML marking on the bottom and was looking for information regarding this brand, would be great if some one could help me out with this.

thank you. :)

Kit W    10
Kit W

Hi jgmoore

Welcome to the forum. Please post a picture of the item and the marking - I am sure that you will find help

Regards

Kit

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

You could also PM geewhizz. She's an absolute fundi with these things and I'm sure if you ask her nicely, she'll give you some help.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I answered your message. Can you post a photo?Oh have just seen photo. It is not the one I was thinking of. I have not seen this one before. It looks as if it has a lot of browning. It is the type of porcelain that was used. Nice piece of advertising but condition is important when it comes to price.

jgmoore    10
jgmoore

Castle Beers Jug

I answered your message. Can you post a photo?Oh have just seen photo. It is not the one I was thinking of. I have not seen this one before. It looks as if it has a lot of browning. It is the type of porcelain that was used. Nice piece of advertising but condition is important when it comes to price.

hi geewhizz, thanks for the reply, do you now what company the brand (ML) on the bottom belongs to, also is this item from South Africa? not interest in value just history. thank you very much for your wisdom in this area. :)

Kind Regards

John G Moore

retailrush    10
retailrush
Hi Guys, i have a Castle Beers Jug with the ML marking on the bottom and was looking for information regarding this brand, would be great if some one could help me out with this.

thank you. :)

I have found this - it states the piece is promotional stonewear for "Castle Beers"

Bar Counter Water/Beer Jug

Hope the link works...

jgmoore    10
jgmoore

Castle Beers Jug

I have found this - it states the piece is promotional stonewear for "Castle Beers"

Bar Counter Water/Beer Jug

Hope the link works...

Thanks for the link but still don't know anything abou the ML marking on the bottom. :)

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

I have never seen that marking before but if this is promotionalware it was probably made by a company commissioned to make them. I dont think it really matters. It is advertising and 80 dollars converted is high. Never put hot water in this type of pottery it causes crazing and dont try jik to remove stains it will make it worse. It looks like a type of clay pottery rather thasn porcelain.

Retailrush is on the ball today.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

The jug in the image is different from the jug that my father-in-law has in his cabinet. His one is in the shape of a castle - ie. the top is "stepped".

jgmoore    10
jgmoore

Castle Beers Jug

I would like to thank everyone for there feedback.

Kind Regards

John G Moore :)