Sign in to follow this  
daisyjewel

Love Dolls?

daisyjewel

Hi there... was wondering if there is any call for those love dolls that were around in the 1970's and 1980's ... those ones all the Tannies used to make clothes for... I have quite a few and am not sure if it is worth selling them on bidorbuy... I know the postage could be expensive 'cause they are big... I was keeping them for if I had daugthers but now have two little boys ... so there goes that idea :rolleyes:

kyle2

Hi Daisyjewel, you might want to clarify exactly what these love dolls are, things have changed since the 70's and 80's and you might get a few unwanted enquiries that would make the Tannies of old hair stand on end, perhaps google Love Dolls first.:P

daisyjewel

Siss man, Kyle ... that is why I posted it in the Toys and Hobbies ... anyone who know about toys will know what I am talking about :P

kyle2

Toys Huh? Don't lets get started on toys!:P Some weird post on toys 2day! Ho hum.:D

daisyjewel

Ok... a perfectly innocent thread is probably going to get out of hand ... maybe you should just delete it, admin?

kyle2

Sorry, no harm intended.:)

Little Miss Muffet

I think you should list the dolls from the 70's and 80's as anyone who grew up in that time may be interested in them.

I dont have much knowledge of the 70's 80's dolls as they have never interested me having grown up in the 50's 60's.

What are love dolls.Not reborn maybe??

daisyjewel

here is a pic from the internet... they were called "first love" dolls

doll3.jpg

There always used to be patterns for the clothes in the your family mags etc

Very good quality

daisyjewel

Any one remember them? I was born in 1981 and everyone had them when I was growing up

Little Miss Muffet

Yes "First Love" I remember them. I think you should list them. Sure to be some interest.

Cali Craft and Gems

I think I may still have my one packed away in a box somewhere - clothes and all!

My mom's friend made a special outfit for my doll and it won several "doll competitions" way back when...

Perhaps I should raid the "baby box" when Mom's not looking - she'll kill me if she knew I didn't want the stuff! (she's still hoping for a grandchild)

kyle2

A picture says a thousand words, my Gran used to have these, I think they would be worth a fortune now.:)

lilythepink

The lot of you make me feel old! Really old! I was the mother of two gorgeous sons (they are still gorgeous!) when these dolls made their appearance. I thought the dolls were too sweet for words but could never justify buying one what with two boys ...!