Sign in to follow this  
BeadandCraft Studio

Advice Please

BeadandCraft Studio

:confused:A cash deposit was made into my account for R74.00 yesterday.There is only a name as reference.I have checked all my outstanding orders and anyone with that name,but have drawn a blank.There is no such person that bought from me with that name.Any advice on how to proceed.

BumbleBee

Sometimes people will round off a payment coz they couldn't be bothered with the change, can you not match it up with an outstanding amount of similar value? Someone could also have deposited the cash on the buyer's behalf and simply put their name on the deposit slip at the bank.

BeadandCraft Studio

Nope,Nothing even remotely close.I am always able to match payments to purchases and never had an unidentified payment:confused::confused::confused:

BumbleBee

Well then all you can do is wait until someone comes forward to claim their stuff. Another possibility is that someone has paid into your account instead of mine, you are welcome to forward the payment my way :D

BeadandCraft Studio

Haha,here I am thinking,I have a private benefactor and now you want to share the spoils.Tell you what,if no one claims it,will split in half and send your share over the net,no guarantees that it will reach it safely though

BumbleBee

half of R74 won't even cover the cost of faxing it to me, you can keep it ;)

BeadandCraft Studio

I'll have a drink for you instead,I really need it,after trying to decipher the puzzle

BumbleBee

Make it a strong one, Absinthe is my weapon of choice :D

Asha Craft Jewellery

Welcome to my world... It's the ONLY gripe I have with capitec. They don't charge R17.75 (fnb...) for cash deposits, but looks like the downside is, they wont allow the depositor to enter a reference. So now I have a R320 deposit, which does not nearly match any current outstanding orders. It really annoys me that I have to wait for the buyer to come forward to ask "where's my parcel" three weeks later, and then I get to be blamed for not posting it sooner... grrrr

Vinyl Lady Decals

You can try emailing your outstanding buyers, telling them an amount has been paid in without a reference.

The correct person must tell you the exact amount and email you a copy of the EFT/ deposit slip. Also inform your buyers that the order will be delayed until you can match the payment to the correct order, the quicker the buyer re-acts, the quicker you can post the item.

This way all your bases are covered and you've done your bit.

I've had success with this a few times in the past.

BeadandCraft Studio

I only have 2 outstanding payments due to me and its from regular buyers who are combining and its no where close to this amt.All other items from other buyers are paid for and posted.And no one with this specific name is on my buyers list.

Knowing what happened,last time with our bank accounts,I cant help wondering.............

Maybe time to do a database search on bak accounts again.

Asha Craft Jewellery

Hi Tananka, tried that. No one even responded! I sent the mail through BOB, because emailing directly sometimes ends up in their spam folders....

qball
Hi Tananka, tried that. No one even responded! I sent the mail through BOB, because emailing directly sometimes ends up in their spam folders....

Please be aware, even email sent from the bidorbuy mail server can still end up in spam folders or may not be delivered due to spam filters etc.