Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

Strange but True (the day the same coin sold for 400% difference) .....

Pierre_Henri

This afternoon, the same coin sold for R400 and R1661 respectively - a difference of 400%. Not for two coins of the same type and grading - it's the exact same coin!

Graded Coins - *#* LOW START Catalogue Price + Grading Fee - 1952 NGC HALF CROWN SLABBED MS 63 *#* was sold for R1,661.00 on 17 Aug at 14:01 by RANDCOIN in Johannesburg (ID:24671806)

and ...

Graded Coins - *#* LOW START Catalogue Price + Grading Fee - 1952 NGC HALF CROWN SLABBED MS 63 *#* was sold for R400.00 on 17 Aug at 14:01 by RANDCOIN in Johannesburg (ID:24671807)

Look at the black dot between the "O" and "R" of George - it's the same coin. Look at the ID numbers of the coins - the one ends with a "6" and the other with a "7"

How on earth is that possible?

Strange days indeed.

Pierre

Timeless Value

Strange but explainable

The seller must have accidentally used the same image. The same bidder won bought auctions. He must have had an automatic bid on both and did not notice the image was the same. The other bidders probably did not see the second listing.

Anything is possible on BOB

Phil Invest Serv

The seller stated in his description:"Generic Image"

Pierre_Henri

It's the buyer I find interesting

The seller stated in his description:"Generic Image"

Its not about the seller - Its about the winning bidder - a BIG lesson to be learnt here for prospective bidders.

EWAAN Galleries

Hi Pierre

You right. we have seen funny things on our R1 start auctions......

Amazing how people dont really search site.

They just bid bid bid.... Till they winning :)

jwither

R400 is a reasonable price for a 1952 2/6. Its probably more thna I would pay since I would buy one raw and have it graded, but not too bad.

R1660 is far too much. There more than quite a few scarce KGV AU-58 coins that sell in this price range and the coins are much scarcer and desirable. I would far prefer one of those to this one.