Sign in to follow this  
artworks

Bob Appraised Art Category

artworks

Hi,

Has Anybody Used This New Function To Appraise Art And Found That The Appraisals Values Are Not That Great ??? Or Misleading ?

The Bob Appraiser Is Listing His Art For Sale On Bob. I Personally Feel That The Appraiser Should Be Independent From Selling Art On Bob .

Thanks

retailrush
Hi,

Has Anybody Used This New Function To Appraise Art And Found That The Appraisals Values Are Not That Great ??? Or Misleading ?

The Bob Appraiser Is Listing His Art For Sale On Bob. I Personally Feel That The Appraiser Should Be Independent From Selling Art On Bob .

Thanks

I wasn't happy with the appraised value on a piece I submitted - and as such will not be using this feature. I didn't realise the appraiser was also a seller on BoB...

Natalie_R

The Appraised Art Category

Hi everybody,

We started the appraised art category to try and instil a bit of confidence in the buyers on bidorbuy that they were buying truly authentic South African art.

Unfortunately, along the way, we experienced a few glitches which have made some sellers quite unhappy.

In order for us to rethink the strategy of the new category - to make it more fair and efficient - it will be closed until further notice.

Thank you

Pharos

Hi there

I think the appraised art section although a noble and pleasing concept, is a bit tough to pull off, unless you are going to employ a full time independent art expert. I saw some strange values listed under this section.

I think it would be better to monitor the existing categories and improve them first. A point in fact is the ongoing irritation being caused by mass produced Chinese paintings that are being sold as original South African art. This is a very quick and simple matter to police and would greatly improve the site.

I am very impressed though with the new layout, looks good!

Kind regards