Sign in to follow this  
MsPlod

Is this false advertising?

MsPlod

I am interested to know whether the following advertisement is for 3 gems (if one bids for 1 item) or 9 gems (if one bids on 3 items). The bid quantity is 3 and the item description states that it is for 3 pieces.

Tanzanites - 3 X .20CTS TANZANITES for sale in White River (ID:24892773)

Could someone enlighten me - since I am unable to ask the seller a question.

Bertman Trading

I quoted your question word for word to the seller, awaiting the reply.....:cool:

RISadler

Three gems only and you have to take all three. The catch is that your bid is multiplied by 3.

kyle2

This seems to be a variation of a previous problem, why can't this seller just make the web pages plain and simple, no catches, sneaky phrases, hidden clauses, just plain and simple, less frustration for all and no doubt for the poor buyer who always ends up doubting the purchase.

ie " you are bidding for 3 stones" or " there are 3 stones, your bid is for each of them, 1 bid per stone"

its really not difficult, for pete's sake.

Her web pages are like a Dan Brown novel, full of hidden innuendo's and secret hidden things which mean something else completely.

RISadler
Her web pages are like a Dan Brown novel, full of hidden innuendo's and secret hidden things which mean something else completely.

Which Dan Brown are you reading? The one I read was as obvious as doggy-doo on the pavement.

Anyway, the objective with such listings are to sucker buyers. If somebody complains, then it is politely pointed out that they misread the listing, i.e. is stoopit. And since nobody likes to be called stupid, most buyers just pay and leave BoB forever.

kyle2

It was the only reference that came to mind, yes it was a bit of doggy-doo to read as well, having first hand knowledge of his third hand references.

Stoopit is as stoopit does as they say;)

Negatives speak volumes, I'd better not reference them again or this thread might be closed prematurely again:p

MsPlod

Still rather confused

Three gems only and you have to take all three. The catch is that your bid is multiplied by 3.

OK, then does that mean that this is not a R1 crazy auction since the lowest possible bid is for R3? :confused:

kyle2

Another loophole! Can't believe it, she's brilliant! manages to defeat the system with sinister dexterity.:cool:

RISadler
OK, then does that mean that this is not a R1 crazy auction since the lowest possible bid is for R3? :confused:

Precedent was set here: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/10033-really-r1-crazy-wednesday-auction.html

You are now allowed to sell any item consisting of parts on the One-Rand auctions at R1 per part. To quote qball (in his official capacity):

... it's a crazy auction as long as the items start at R1 ... Regardless of the quantity, as long as the auction starts at R1, it is permissable ...

BumbleBee

....still no answers on any of the questions :rolleyes:

kyle2

she avoids contact where she can, smoke and mirrors I tell you.:P Sent her about 4 or 5 emails once with no response until I corresponed through hello@bidorbuy. Ever tried pulling an eel out of the water with your bare hands?

MsPlod

Hmmmm....

Precedent was set here: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/10033-really-r1-crazy-wednesday-auction.html

You are now allowed to sell any item consisting of parts on the One-Rand auctions at R1 per part. To quote qball (in his official capacity):

Oh I see? Thank you!

she avoids contact where she can, smoke and mirrors I tell you.:P Sent her about 4 or 5 emails once with no response until I corresponed through hello@bidorbuy. Ever tried pulling an eel out of the water with your bare hands?

Actually swsnbn (the white river tanzanite seller) uses a Blackberry so receives her emails easily. Maybe she just does not feel like responding? Maybe she is driving?

RISadler
Oh I see? Thank you!

Do you realise that you can now sell a car on the One-Rand auctions and actually get +R50K for it, with just one bid?

Vinyl Lady Decals

This isn't the only seller doing this. There are several stamp sellers doing the same. The buyer bids per stamp, but has to take all the stamps (lot of 50 for example), very sneaky and I see it as getting around the crazy auction starting bid of R1.00 per item

kyle2

sneakyness (is that a word?)

The seller in question here is prone to exploring many different avenues where the outcome of any question can be avoided