Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Selling A Car On BoB.

wayjen

morning Ladies and Gentlemen.

Our daughter is leaving for New Zealand soon and needs to sell her car and we suggested BoB.

I have gone through the info about selling the car and it mentions the R50 payment but what I am not sure of how do you pay that R50.00. Do we we pay BoB before we post it or does BoB take the money from our account at some stage during the listing process?

Can someone please explain to me how it works.

thanks a mill.

Bertman Trading

Hello Wayjen,

Your account gets debited as the listing opens, which you will have to pay at the end of the month if you don't have a positive balance.

I took all the listing extra's and it worked out to be R250 if I'm not mistaking and I sold The Hilux within a week.:D

retailrush
morning Ladies and Gentlemen.

Our daughter is leaving for New Zealand soon and needs to sell her car and we suggested BoB.

I have gone through the info about selling the car and it mentions the R50 payment but what I am not sure of how do you pay that R50.00. Do we we pay BoB before we post it or does BoB take the money from our account at some stage during the listing process?

Can someone please explain to me how it works.

thanks a mill.

Hi wayjen - I recently sold a car on BoB. I listed it in the Classified section for which there is a R50.00 listing fee. This fee gets charged to your account straight away (similar to enhanced listing fees on normal auctions or buy now items). You are allowed to have your contact details in your listing so don't forget that.

Any prospective buyers can then ask questions via the system or can contact you directly. In my case the buyer viewed the car at an arranged location and basically the sale is then between you and the buyer (BoB are not involved)... Just remember to remove your listing if you are lucky enough to sell the vehicle.

Your listing is basically an advertisement... you will see there is no Buy Now button on a car listing as the sale is not made via the BoB system (and there are no success fees - just the R50.00 listing fee). As per Bertman Trading's comment above you can choose some enhanced listing options which will cost extra...

Hope this helps.

Hands on Diy

I think bob will debit your account at the end of the month in the same manor they do with success fees.

wayjen

aaah ha this all sounds perfect.

let me discuss it with mom and daughter and i think we should go with the these options.

thanks a million it's much appreciated indeed.

lilythepink

I'm glad you're not selling your traveling cart, Wayne! The girls on the forum would never forgive you for that. But good luck with your daughter's car!

wayjen
I'm glad you're not selling your traveling cart, Wayne! The girls on the forum would never forgive you for that. But good luck with your daughter's car!

the day is still young, lily, you never know what offers i may get.

there is a guy going to look at the car today and that was just by word of mouth so we keep our fingers and toes and eyes crossed.

lilythepink

Don't show him your trolley, whatever you do, Wayne. Otherwise he'll take that and leave the car! :P

wayjen

heh heh heh