Sign in to follow this  
kyle2

Sale of animals(Birds) on BoB?

kyle2    10
kyle2

Hi there Cuan, just to clarify, is the ban imposed on animals for auction only? or does it include Buy it now items.

Do sentient animals include Parrots? I've met parrots which are more intelligent that some people to be honest.

The reason for asking is that the following are for sale at the moment::o

Birds - ## GREEN WING MACAWS ## THREE YEAR OLD PAIR - STUNNING for sale in Worcester (ID:24557849)

Birds - ## RED-SIDED ECLECTUS ## GENUINE BREEDING PAIR PLUS EXTRA'S for sale in Worcester (ID:24555361)

Birds - ## ORANGE WING AMAZON'S ## MATURE PAIR BEAUTIFULL for sale in Worcester (ID:24558201)

Birds - ## SWAINSON LORIKEETS ## BREEDING PAIR EXCELLENT - PRICED LOWERED for sale in Worcester (ID:24646072)

Birds - Blue and Gold Macaw for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:24746026)

I wonder how these poor birds will be shipped around the country?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi Kyle

People are allowed to advertise animals on "Buy Now" on BoB. Most unfortunate.

They may not, however, auction them. (I bless Uncle Bob for this move every time I think about it!)

kyle2    10
kyle2

Posting birds?

I am really curious to know how these birds would get to their destinations, poor things.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

They'd no doubt fly (as in per airline flying!). But what gets me all cross is the fact that these are ALL birds which need very, very special owners who are prepared to treat them like "children" from a time-wise perspective - not only is proper feeding and love necessary but they need freedom to fly around and exercise properly every day - which means a proper sized aviary out in the garden, etc. etc. etc. I would NEVER give (let alone sell) an animal to someone whom I don't know well enough. And I say this after more than 20 years of cat breeding. I had a waiting list and people who didn't keep in touch with me on a regular basis did not get to buying a kitten from me. When we moved to our present small city, I decided to stop breeding as I wouldn't have the ability to "vet" buyers!

RISadler    10
RISadler
People are allowed to advertise animals on "Buy Now" on BoB. Most unfortunate.

They may not, however, auction them. (I bless Uncle Bob for this move every time I think about it!)

This is one of the things that grates my cheese regarding bidorbuy. Sure, they made the token gesture of not allowing animals on auction. But by still allowing the sale - whether on auction or buy-it-now is one and the same - of animals, bidorbuy has made it quite clear that money comes before the wellfare of animals.

DestinysAngels    10
DestinysAngels

I went to my Animal Behaviour lectures about a week ago and we speak about this all the time. But my Proffessor ask't a vital question? "IS IT OK TO GIVE AN ANIMAL AWAY?" I answered no it is not, because when you give a animal for free and that animal needs help do you really think people will take it to the vet, NO they won't, WHY? Because they can dropped it off at the side of the road and advertise tommorrow Cat or Dog wanted please and they will get one. I would rather sell my animals and know that they will be taken care of although it is not always a guarantee, but it is unlikely that someone would pay R3000-R5000 or more for an animal and not take care of them.

I sold a pup on BOB and i scanned the new owner and is still in contact with her and i told her that if she does not want him no more she can bring him back anytime. I also must add that, that dog is advertised in Animal Talk and he is really well taken care of.

If a buyer do not comply with my rules, well then i don't sell, that simple, my dogs and in fact all animals are my world but i do have a passion for birds and dogs. I cannot stand abuse or neglect and will go crazy if something bad has happened to any of my pups. My pups don't come cheap but then again i don't settle for cheap.

My motto, if you have a baby you go to hospital and pay for delivery, well now if you pay for your pup you will treat him/her like a baby. My 2 cents worth!

admin    0
admin

Hi All,

Thank you for your comments. This matter has been laid to rest by the powers that be a long time ago.

Thread locked. Thank you.