Sign in to follow this  
Angeluv

Having to tell buyers to pay.

Angeluv

All of a sudden i have to email every single buyer and tell to to complete their payment via bob eft,

why is this, it was never like this before ?

I state in my shipping charges, they must pay immediately via bob eft,

but its like they dont see that or something ? and they ask me for bank details ?

but if they go through the ordering steps it clearly says they must pay into bobs account ?

DestinysAngels

Since i started selling on BOB, i created a letter for my clients, it's called a thank you letter with all the details of the order and what is owed and it really works. It is good to do that for it makes your client feel special and welcome at your BOB store and i have many repeat buyers as they know i give fine detail and attention to them, i treat all clients the same, from the R1 ones up to the R1000 ones. It makes everything run so smoothly and the contact between the 2 parties is wonderfull, i can pm you a copy of how i do it, you must just word it in your own words please, let me know. I have had 99% good feedback with this method, the other 1% just don't bother then i wait and file an snc 7 days later. I also check up on them every 3rd day if i get no response and like i said after 7 days i also stop bothering, then you should see how some of them jump into action. This way you have copies and proof that you did your part in case a buyer wants to get nasty. Hope this helps!:)

kebs

Don't worry, it's not you.. It happens a lot to me too. I simply redirect them to log into their bid or buy and click on the order to complete it. Otherwise they can check the email that BOB sends them when they buy/win - there is also a link on there to complete the sale. There are a lot of sellers who prefer not to send banking details through emails. The problem is that the buyers get an email saying congratulations, you have won/bought item xxx from seller yyy, then it gives your email address.. Some buyers don't read further than this & email you immediately.

Angeluv

DestinysAngels - you can send me an example of your letter, thank you. I used to email the seller and say 'thank you for your order, i will send you your tracking number soon...', but now i just type that in the 'message' option.

Kebs - i thought that they probably dont read properly.

A buyer is telling me they have internet problems, so if i give them bobs account details for them to go into the bank and do a payment, is this correct ? (is it always these bank details for bob eft?)

Make payment to

Please make payment from your bank to our Absa account:

• Beneficiary Account Name: bidorbuy (Pty) Ltd
  • Amount:
  • Beneficiary Bank: Absa
  • Branch Name: Sandton Business Centre
  • Branch Code: 632005
  • Beneficiary Account Type: Cheque
  • Beneficiary Account Number: 4074014758
  • *Beneficiary Reference or Account Number:

*It is very important to use this exact reference when making your payment.

kebs

As far as I know the details are always the same, except for the reference number. BOB gives the buyer a number to use to link it to the purchase. Remember to tell them to add R16.50 (I think that's the amount) if they do a direct deposit though as BOB will take this amount off, regardless of whether they pay it or not, so you could lose out.. I think some-one who uses the bob eft will need to confirm the details for you though - I don't use it & assumed it was Standard bank?

Angeluv

I think it brings up the payment details, and lets the buyer choose which bank they bank from, then it give bob's account details, so they dont need to contact me at all to get bank details.

Does bob have different accounts for each of the different banks, e.g a different account for absa, standard bank, fnb, nedbank, other ?

DestinysAngels
DestinysAngels - you can send me an example of your letter, thank you. I used to email the seller and say 'thank you for your order, i will send you your tracking number soon...', but now i just type that in the 'message' option.

Kebs - i thought that they probably dont read properly.

A buyer is telling me they have internet problems, so if i give them bobs account details for them to go into the bank and do a payment, is this correct ? (is it always these bank details for bob eft?)

Make payment to

Please make payment from your bank to our Absa account:

• Beneficiary Account Name: bidorbuy (Pty) Ltd
  • Amount:
  • Beneficiary Bank: Absa
  • Branch Name: Sandton Business Centre
  • Branch Code: 632005
  • Beneficiary Account Type: Cheque
  • Beneficiary Account Number: 4074014758
  • *Beneficiary Reference or Account Number:

*It is very important to use this exact reference when making your payment.

:pI sent the examples, hope it helps, just remember to use your own wording!

DestinysAngels

:pDreamBeadz, i sent it to you as well, hope it helps, just remember to use your own wording!

DestinysAngels
I think it brings up the payment details, and lets the buyer choose which bank they bank from, then it give bob's account details, so they dont need to contact me at all to get bank details.

Does bob have different accounts for each of the different banks, e.g a different account for absa, standard bank, fnb, nedbank, other ?

:pYes they do, it makes it so nice!

kebs
:pYes they do, it makes it so nice!

Aah.. explains why I thought it was Standard bank... :D