Sign in to follow this  
multi collection

Help identifing post card & old photo

multi collection

Hi ALL Few days ago I spend R2061 in auction for a box full of post cards and old photos. Year of post cards & old photo from 1889. Could someone please identify these post cards and old photos ??? During the auction I just keeping bid & bid. But I don't have idea what it is actually worth. Other Antiques & Collectables - A box full of post cards from 1889 and old photos as a lot shipping will be R30 was sold for R2,061.00 on 4 Aug at 21:43 by charlesh2006 in Pietermaritzburg (ID:24506968)

mellowred

Out of interest, what is more valuable - a used or unused postcard(?)

retailrush
Hi ALL Few days ago I spend R2061 in auction for a box full of post cards and old photos. Year of post cards & old photo from 1889. Could someone please identify these post cards and old photos ??? During the auction I just keeping bid & bid. But I don't have idea what it is actually worth. Other Antiques & Collectables - A box full of post cards from 1889 and old photos as a lot shipping will be R30 was sold for R2,061.00 on 4 Aug at 21:43 by charlesh2006 in Pietermaritzburg (ID:24506968)

I have no idea what something like this is worth... but what an amazing collection! I just find it sad to think that these photo's have become lost to the families of the people in the photographs!

I suppose from a historical point of view these items will be of some value to the "right" people.

Good luck!!

RISadler

Boy, would I love to get my hands on the African stuff... just to scan and post on my website. hint, hint, wink, wink :D

In my opinion, a used postcard is "worth" much more than an unused 'card, especially if the writing says something pertinent to the day.