Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Relist Indefinitely...

RISadler

How about adding "INDEFINITELY" to the relist count?

MacMuffin

A good, but very risky idea. Although BoB makes users aware (and it is on the listing and confirmation pages), we monthly get sellers who did not realise that a relisting will incur the same enhancement fees again.

Can you explain your specific use-case? Wouldn't you "forget" about looking after your listing (i.e. enhancing on your content/description/pictures) etc?

RISadler

Obviously any listing can be tweaked beyond perfection, but why bother with a low-value item like a used book? Currently I set the relist count as "next day" and "10 times", but then I have to keep checking the counts and reset thirty weeks later.

OK, so I'm lazy and want to list and forget. :cool:

Actually, items that might benefit from tweaking I always do not auto-relist. If it doesn't sell the first round, then I rewrite, etc. and then list again.

As to your scenario, perhaps disable the auto-relist feature if enhancements are activated? Or send a "please confirm" email before auto-relisting items with ... well, you get the idea.

wayjen
Obviously any listing can be tweaked beyond perfection, but why bother with a low-value item like a used book? Currently I set the relist count as "next day" and "10 times", but then I have to keep checking the counts and reset thirty weeks later.

OK, so I'm lazy and want to list and forget. :cool:

Actually, items that might benefit from tweaking I always do not auto-relist. If it doesn't sell the first round, then I rewrite, etc. and then list again.

As to your scenario, perhaps disable the auto-relist feature if enhancements are activated? Or send a "please confirm" email before auto-relisting items with ... well, you get the idea.

i'm with you there but as i carry on i am learning new things every day to make it easier to track and relist and post.

mellowred

What would happen if someone put up a relist indefinitely and then stopped using BoB. Does your account become "disabled" if you don't' log on for a period of time?

MacMuffin
What would happen if someone put up a relist indefinitely and then stopped using BoB. Does your account become "disabled" if you don't' log on for a period of time?

There is no relisting for indefinite period and even if we would introduce something like that, not logging in would not disable your account. We have accounts on records which have been registered in 2000 and some users logged in a few weeks/months ago (email was still the same, but most of them had forgotten their passwords).

@RISaddler - perhaps you need to lower your price if you can't sell that one book. (or it is of questionable content) ;)

That "set & forget" relisting can backfire - especially if you set it to "Relist the Original Quantity" and you have stock issues - that then causes unnecessary headaches for both buyers and sellers.

RISadler
... perhaps you need to lower your price if you can't sell that one book. (or it is of questionable content) ;)

If I lower the price then it becomes cheaper to use the book(s) to light the braai fire than to use the "official" product. :D (Anyway, it was just an example.)

That "set & forget" relisting can backfire - especially if you set it to "Relist the Original Quantity" and you have stock issues - that then causes unnecessary headaches for both buyers and sellers.

You can do it now, so not a valid argument. :P