Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

How many times must one be warned?

BumbleBee
Will be interesting to see what it goes for, I picked up one of these for a couple of hundred rand not so long ago, before I knew anything about the controversal nature of the grading system, I admit to falling into the hype trap of " very rare, get it now, before they are all gone! not many around, low Pop stats",

maybe I should offer it for for half the going rate, just to get rid of it? (ha ha) would I get into trouble for that I wonder? Might throw a spanner in the works for the sellers of these or just make a buyer feel lucky? :P

Kyle, get one of those nails we were talking about and nail it to a wall as a reminder to do your research before you bid on something

kyle2

Point taken, lessons learnt, It was a Friday and there was alchohol involved, there's a pub at work, What can I say.:P

BumbleBee
Point taken, lessons learnt, It was a Friday and there was alchohol involved, there's a pub at work, What can I say.:P

so then you need to nail it to the bar counter :P

kyle2

You'r a funny bobber, I like you.:P

Humour is truly food for the soul!

kyle2

Everyones a comedian!:)

Bottoms up everbody!:P

kyle2

Smiles all around 2day it seems, great for a monday!

qball
To the seller's credit - they have changed their advert and it no longer is rare! I did direct them to the forum though!!

Love the forum as an educational tool! Thanks all!!!:D

This is the type of action we recoomend from sellers, not creating false listings to try make a point. Rather educate the seller, direct them to the forum, and report these listings to CW.

Should the forum be used for any other purpose, we will not hesitate to ban users from the forum, and will consider closing your accounts on bidorbuy. Act responsibly. The bob site and forum is not a playground nor a soap box. If you have legtimate grievances, follow the processes in place.

Thank you.

Cuan

qball
Is it not possible to put a ban on Mandela R5 coins? Or at least create a Category for them, I'm not referring to a sub-category under Coins & Notes but rather a category completely on its own? Perhaps call it "Scams" or "Blatant Rip-offs"?

Unfortunately these coins will not be banned, nor will we create a "category" for them as you suggest.

Sarcasm is not necessary on the forum, please post responsibly.

Thank you

Cuan

BumbleBee

I apologise if I have stepped over the line, please understand though that this is a sore point for myself and alot of others trading in the Coins & Notes category. I don't see any point in educating the sellers as the vast majority do know better, this is why I have chosen to educate the buyers instead.

I now wash my hands of this issue. To each his own.

MsPlod

Thank you!

You tried BumbleBee - and that is very important! ;)

Thank you for trying - if it were not for this forum and the invaluable information from forum members such as yourself I would have left BoB very quickly after being suckered for the first time by a deceptive seller.:mad:

So a big hats off and hurrah to you for doing your best to raise the levels of concern!!!:D

qball
You tried BumbleBee - and that is very important! ;)

Thank you for trying - if it were not for this forum and the invaluable information from forum members such as yourself I would have left BoB very quickly after being suckered for the first time by a deceptive seller.:mad:

So a big hats off and hurrah to you for doing your best to raise the levels of concern!!!:D

Whilst we encourage raising the levels of concern, it needs to be done responsibly.

Thank you

Cuan

qball
I apologise if I have stepped over the line, please understand though that this is a sore point for myself and alot of others trading in the Coins & Notes category. I don't see any point in educating the sellers as the vast majority do know better, this is why I have chosen to educate the buyers instead.

I now wash my hands of this issue. To each his own.

We understand the nature of this issue, but such actions are not welcome on the site. Rather work with us to resolve these issues as opposed to taking the "law into your own hands"...

Thank you

Cuan

kyle2

I certainly learnt much from these forums, and I'm sure the casual observer has as well, I have enjoyed the interaction with all in this thread and valid points have been raised, Thanks bumblebee,ndoa18,Risadler,MSplod,Pierre Henri,Jwither,lily, rarecoins and notes.

I have learnt something from each of you in this thread, even a bit of poetry.

Theres a lot of negativity floating about today, must be Monday.

qball
Upcoming on the next Friday crazy...

2008 Birthday R5 - RARE ***** Nelson Mandela 90year Birthday *** 5rand 2008 !!!!! for sale in Witbank (ID:24861728)

I asked the seller a question...

Your question was;

Are you aware that around 5 million of these coins were minted? They are not at all rare.

The answer is;

Depends on your definition of rare MsPlod. Thank you for that bit of statistics..

Ja no well fine!:confused:

Unfortunately the seller does not have the grace/ethic/integrity/cajones (pick a word or add your own) to leave the question on the advert Q&A :rolleyes:

We have spoken to the seller and he has agreed not to list these coins in this manner.

Kind regards

Cuan