Sign in to follow this  
DrShai1977

Separate Blu-ray section

Separate Blu-ray section  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Separate Blu-ray section

DrShai1977

Pleeeez Pleeeeez guys for the love of all that is HD.. Pleeeez set up a separate blu-ray section..

It is IMPOSSIBLE (well, almost) to click through 43 thousand titles to check which ones are blu ray and which are not.. and the search feature includes the section title, which has the text "blu ray" in it, so doing a search simply returns all 1073 pages of titles to taunt the hapless buyer..

Suggestions:

1. separate blu-ray section

2. modify search function to exclude the title text

3. unrelated but useful - modify search function to search the current subsection, instead of only being able to search within main sections as is current

jacque31

I agree with your suggestion. But did you actually try to do a search for Blu-Ray movies? I did a search and got results of 2752 items in the Movies & Television section on about 69 pages. A lot better than the above figures when browsing the section, with very little done to get it.

DrShai1977
I agree with your suggestion. But did you actually try to do a search for Blu-Ray movies? I did a search and got results of 2752 items in the Movies & Television section on about 69 pages. A lot better than the above figures when browsing the section, with very little done to get it.

Thanks Jacque.. I've tried a few such combinations - it definitely does narrow the options down a lot.. but one is still left with the problem that this relies on the text that the seller uses in their ad, so it's far from accurate.. for example, "bluray" returns only about half a dozen results.. It would be really much easier if there was a separate category, especially as blu-rays become progressively more accessible and more people obtain the players.. Thanks for the vote :-)

jacque31

Understand your point - maybe BoB will hear your cry;)