Sign in to follow this  
Plant1

Seller claiming to be international seller

Plant1    10
Plant1

Good day, I have a complaint about a seller not clearly stating that he is not a South African seller in his listing.

http://a.imageshack.us/img153/1781/n...stingitsai.jpg

I buy a lot on bid or buy and never have i encountered a seller for potchefstroom saying in that he ships from the UK.

Before the autions closed I asked the seller to delete my bids.

He replied before the autions closed.

http://a.imageshack.us/img814/6946/bidsnotcancelled.png

He fail to do so but was arrogant in nuff to leave a message saying i cant read. and that its VERY annoying.

I have no previus negiteve feedback from sellers.

I have completed over 190 auctions with no complaints only positive feedback.

I have no intention to buy these items if he want me to pay R449.00 shipping per item

I bided on 14 items from this seller giving me me a total of R6286.00 of postige to be paid.

This is my first complaint. I would like this matter to be resolved!

Can some Bid or Buy admin assist me with this matter.

Regards Plant1

The list of items:

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM - Black face - RRP 1395 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534781)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM CLASSIC Webbing STRAP RRP 1395 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534927)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM - DIVER STYLE White face - RRP 1695 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534824)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM - Black face - RRP 1395 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534671)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM - Black face - RRP 1395 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534671)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM CLASSIC LEATHER STRAP - Brown RRP 1395 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534220)

Men's Watches - Brand New Mens Relic Flames watch by Fossil in TIN was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534229)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM CHRONOGRAPH with Metal STRAP - BLUE face - NEW EUROPEAN RANGE was sold for R46.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534212)

Men's Watches - BRAND NEW JEEP MENS - WATER RESISTANT WATCH with DATE was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534207)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM CLASSIC METAL STRAP - BLACK Face RRP 1395 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534209)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM CHRONOGRAPH with Metal STRAP - BLUE face - NEW EUROPEAN RANGE was sold for R46.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534212)

Men's Watches - Brand New Mens Relic Flames watch by Fossil in TIN was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534229)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM Chronograph metal STRAP - White face - RRP 1995 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534221)

Men's Watches - MENS JEEP WATCH 5 ATM CLASSIC metal STRAP - White face RRP 1395 was sold for R1.00 on 4 Aug at 21:01 by CaltonPhones in Potchefstroom (ID:24534219)

qball    10
qball

Hi there

Unfortunately we cannot assist you in removing or cancelling these purcahses.

Seller states clearly in their listings under Shipping the following information:

Shipping & Other Charges

WE ARE NOT DROPSHIPPING. This is a UK item. We trade from SA and the UK

Postage is R449 from the UK (5-10 days). Postage covers more than just the stamp. (COURIER fees, packaging and time)

Postage will be via COURIER to our warehouse in Potchefstroom or to you direct (THIS IS OUR CHOICE ON WHAT WE DO) . We would then post it to you via registered insured post if not posted to you direct. (THIS IS AGAIN OUR CHOICE ON WHAT WE DO)

Why COURIER: We have lost a few parcels over the last few months when we used airmail so decided to use a COURIER. This is more expensive however its worth it. After all it is your item and you want it to arrive safely.

Why post to Potchefstroom first: We take the hassle out of importing for you and track it all the way and insure it arrives on time.

We regret but we cant combine postage on UK items (You pay R449 postage for every item you buy from us) THIS IS OUR TERMS. (DON'T TELL US THAT YOU CAN DO IT CHEAPER OR THAT YOU KNOW THE COST). IF YOU DON'T AGREE, DON'T BID. No collections - No exceptions.

Please make sure you understand all this prior to bidding. All bids are final and no correspondence regarding postage will be entered into after the auction. If you don't agree, please DO NOT BID.

Postage is NON REFUNDABLE UNLESS ITEM IS FAULTY.

Unfortunately it is the buyer's responsibility to check the listings first before placing bids.

Kind regards

Cuan

RC_Planes    10
RC_Planes

If he gets only R1.00 and asking R449.00 shipping that gives you a total of R450 for the item.

What is bothering me is that this type of sale is only paying bob commision on the R1.00.

And if u read what he said he is clearly going to ship if to you from Potchefstroom.

Would like to know what you opinion is on this matter.

I feel BOB is losing in this deal!

regards

Wizard Sales    10
Wizard Sales

I definitely agree with RC Planes. Yes, a seller has the right to state his terms of sale. However in this case I do believe the seller is only doing so to avoid commission which is payable to BOB. I think it should at least be investigated as BOB is definitely losing out here on commission fees.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I love the way we really care about Uncle Bob getting his rightful commission! LOL

If BoB are happy with commission on only R1.00, then we must accept that as their right to do so (read Cuan's post above).

Wizard Sales    10
Wizard Sales
I love the way we really care about Uncle Bob getting his rightful commission! LOL

If BoB are happy with commission on only R1.00, then we must accept that as their right to do so (read Cuan's post above).

I do agree 100% with a seller having every right to set his own terms and conditions of the auction, as long as those terms to not violate BOB's terms of service.

If you look at the majority of the seller's auctions, they are "UK items". I have done some Googling, and cannot find that this seller has a company registered in the UK unless it is under a different name other than Calton Phones (Calton Phones LTD is registered in the UK to a Dave Brown who is resident in the UK), in which case he cannot legally trade FROM the UK as per his claim. Unless he has a company registered there, he is not trading from there, he is dropshipping.

It would be interesting to hear from any of his buyers if they request the DHL tracking number from the UK to his premises (as he states he ships to his premises, and then to the buyer) if he will provide such a tracking number.

I do believe in this specific case, the seller has only one reason for his stated terms, and that is to avoid success fees. If that is the case, then he should not be allowed to set such terms, as they are in direct violation of BOB's terms of service.

I may be mistaken, but I do feel that it should be looked into and some proof provided by the seller (if he has not already done so) that he legally trades in the UK.

qball    10
qball

If you compare the listings, the seller is using registered airmail for that item (takes longer to be delivered too) and courier for the others, there will be differences in costs depending on how the item is shipped.

I would advise you to read the shipping details on each listing. Airmail and courier charges will differ greatly if the item is being shipped from the UK, which is stated in the listings.

Kind regards

Cuan

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Not wanting to throw a spanner in the works..but I won a cellphone (Uk Item) for R1..Paid the R450 Total and received my Cellphone within 5 Working Days per Insured SAPo Mail..Thats pretty fast considering it had to come from the UK First...

qball    10
qball

Hi

Is that the Blacklberry you purchased recently? Or another phone?

Thanks

Cuan

RISadler    10
RISadler

I agree with The Beak on this. If BoB is happy with 5c, who are we to tell them differently?

Buyers must foster a mindset that the item price plus postage is what you pay for the item, e.g. if the winning bid is R10 and the postage is R40, THEN YOU PAY R50 FOR THE ITEM AND NOT R10.

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

It certainly does look like BoB has become a virtual minefield littered with all kinds of booby traps, scammers and flea market junk! Winter is almost over and high time that some "Spring Cleaning" gets done and a few reigns are tightened around here before the December rush kicks in!

Wizard Sales    10
Wizard Sales
I agree with The Beak on this. If BoB is happy with 5c, who are we to tell them differently?

Buyers must foster a mindset that the item price plus postage is what you pay for the item, e.g. if the winning bid is R10 and the postage is R40, THEN YOU PAY R50 FOR THE ITEM AND NOT R10.

The fact that this seller is deliberately circumventing the final value fee, and breaking the TOS of bidorbuy, something should be done. The TOS are there for a reason, and a seller who deliberately breaks it should NOT be just allowed to do so.

Read the comment from clickandship. He purchased a so-called "UK item" and it was delivered in 5 days to him via SAPO insured mail. There is no way that the item was shipped from the UK and then to the buyer via SAPO mail, and reached him within 5 days. The seller is obviously dishonest and clearly misrepresenting in his listings. That is the point and it needs to be stopped

qball    10
qball
The fact that this seller is deliberately circumventing the final value fee, and breaking the TOS of bidorbuy, something should be done. The TOS are there for a reason, and a seller who deliberately breaks it should NOT be just allowed to do so.

Read the comment from clickandship. He purchased a so-called "UK item" and it was delivered in 5 days to him via SAPO insured mail. There is no way that the item was shipped from the UK and then to the buyer via SAPO mail, and reached him within 5 days. The seller is obviously dishonest and clearly misrepresenting in his listings. That is the point and it needs to be stopped

That is why I asked that particular buyer to confirm the item, as I cannot find any sale for R1.

Accusations of misrepresentation and dishonesty are very serious, we therefore ask you to refrain from making such accusations based purely on opinions and suspicions. If there is anything suspicious we will investigate it, but to date, the seller has been in contact with us regarding his shipping charges and has given an explanation to this. Again, before everyone jumps on the proverbial "bandwagon", please ensure you have facts before making posts on this topic.

Thank you.

Cuan

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

Hi Cuan, Order : 2865613

I am not making any accusations and if you want my honest opinion, I really don't care how much I paid for shipping. I got the WHOLE deal at a good price and thats what I factored into when placing my bid. So what that many of his sales go through as R1, he sells so many BlackBerry SA Items that go for over R 2000 that BoB is STILL making a pretty penny in fees.

It is not my job, NOR ANYONE ELSE'S ON THIS FORUM, to worry about BoB financial wellbeing.

As my (Genuine now) Uncle Bob used to say, ''What you lose of the ferris wheel, you gain on the round abouts"

Comes down to common sense of a buyer really..

ClickandShip    10
ClickandShip

And sorry it has to be said here...but ClickandShip is a SHE!!

I am not a man hater, I just don't like being refered to as one (^^,)

qball    10
qball
Hi Cuan, Order : 2865613

I am not making any accusations and if you want my honest opinion, I really don't care how much I paid for shipping. I got the WHOLE deal at a good price and thats what I factored into when placing my bid. So what that many of his sales go through as R1, he sells so many BlackBerry SA Items that go for over R 2000 that BoB is STILL making a pretty penny in fees.

It is not my job, NOR ANYONE ELSE'S ON THIS FORUM, to worry about BoB financial wellbeing.

As my (Genuine now) Uncle Bob used to say, ''What you lose of the ferris wheel, you gain on the round abouts"

Comes down to common sense of a buyer really..

Hi

Thanks for your posts.

I was referring to all posters on this thread... :)

The item you purchased was based in the UK according to the listing and the shipping charges were clear.

I think this thread has run it's course.

Thank you all for your comments and posts.

Kind regards

Cuan