Sign in to follow this  
Eddster

Deleted Item -The item with Id 23879392 has been deleted

Eddster

I have a question that maybe one of you can help me with..

I have bid on an item and have been the winning bidder for the past 12 hours or so. I have just checked the website and the item i have been bidding on has now been deleted?

Surely this cant be right? if i dont have the right to delete my bid after placing it (entering a contract and all that ) then the seller shouldnt have a right to withdraw his offer either??

confused and annoyed

ed

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hello Eddster

There are a group of reasons that the seller can choose from before deleting a bid.

These are all legitimate reasons, such as there was an error in the listing, etc.

Find out what the reason was.

I see you are new to BoB with no ratings.

Some sellers don't want people with no ratings bidding on their items due to past experience of new buyers not following through.

I don't subscribe to this as everybody was new once upon a time and I think this is unfair.

If you feel you have been hard done by and there isn't a legitimate reason, contact BoB at hello@bidorbuy.co.za and ask that they look into the matter.

retailrush
I have a question that maybe one of you can help me with..

I have bid on an item and have been the winning bidder for the past 12 hours or so. I have just checked the website and the item i have been bidding on has now been deleted?

Surely this cant be right? if i dont have the right to delete my bid after placing it (entering a contract and all that ) then the seller shouldnt have a right to withdraw his offer either??

confused and annoyed

ed

I didn't know a buyer could just delete an item once a bid has been made, in which case if the buyer really needs to delete an item then they first have to delete each bid and give a reason - did you not receive any such notification?

I will be interested to hear other feedback...

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi retailrush

Buyers can't delete bids, only sellers can delete bids on their auctions that are currently running.

BumbleBee

What has probably happened here is that Bidorbuy had deleted the item

retailrush
Hi retailrush

Buyers can't delete bids, only sellers can delete bids on their auctions that are currently running.

Blush, Blush :eek: - I meant "seller" naturally!!! Thanks though for pointing that out Tananka... don't want to confuse the "new person"... :P