Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

W/end Special Fees-bob Got It Wrong!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

:eek:I am disappointed with this decision and i feel that this will actually lose money for BOB and not generate extra income,My reason for this deduction is that as the weekend specials became more popular you have to increase your listing prominence by paying enhanced listing fees.

With the success fee now payable this becomes unattractive to pay enhanced listing fees and success fees as well-This will definitely result in less listings or at least less enhanced listing fees paid.Fewer listings means that we do not have to pay enhanced listing fees as our item will have exposure without having to pay for it-

Currently my enhanced listing fees are more than my success fees-I dont think bob did their homework on this one and they are actually reducing income and not increasing it.

Also many sellers took a knock on prices when this feature started but we accpeted this to get this feature going,Where is our reward now??

Any other views??

NEIL

Gem Shop

I for one will cut my listings from over 50 each weekend to 10....now they will actually loose money and that cannot be a clever business decision from their side..but like Neil says..its the loyal sellers that made use and built this feature on BOB that now will get scr*wed again...:mad:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

Glad you agree-The math is very simple.If you list 20 items on weekend special at R5 promotional fee=R100 for bob-As the feature became more popular you had to pay enhanced listing fees on say 10 items so that they were not pushed to last pages at R10 each =R100.bob gets R200.00 WITHOUT SUCCESS FEES.

Now i will list half of this as to pay listing fees,plus enhance fees plus success fees is not an attractive proposition, so that is 10 items at R5 each =R50-ALSO as other sellers list less i now have my items on the fist few pages so no need to pay enhanced listing fees on any items.bob gets nil-average sale expected at R100 SO BOB GETS SUCCESS FEES ON R1000.00

BOB income now R50 FOR LISTING FEES and ESTIMATED R75 ON SUCCESS FEES(MAY BE MORE OR LESS I HAVE NEVER REALLY WORKED IT OUT) -total income now R125 which is way less than R200.

Multiply this with a number of sellers and you definitely have reduced income for BOB and of course the seller also-lose lose situation as far as i can see.

Strongly urge bob to reconsider this or appoint an accountant who can do the maths!!:confused:

NEIL

Gem Shop

And on top of it all BOB did Nothing//NADA to promote the weekend sales..it was us sellers and the fact that we listed that promoted the weekend listings....and now we will gets the short end of the straw..:rolleyes:

ATA STAMP CENTRE

More input from other sellers please!!!

neil

RAG Auctioneers

BOB must have made a calculated decision.

Obliviously the demand has become high enough for BOB to make that step.

Just some thoughts.

MsPlod

Freudian slip RAG Auctioneers??

Obliviously the demand has become high enough for BOB to make that step.

Excellent Freudian slip :P

It does seem a shame though - it reduces the number of goodies up for sale on the weekend and potentially will reduce the overall trading?:confused:

Kit W

Hi all

I have to agree with Neil's logic and maths behind the Week end specials - I figure that I can list then on Crazy Wednesday and have a better end result.

Either way it is a lose-lose situation. Maqybe BoB should revise their decision

Regards :confused:

Kit

RAG Auctioneers
Excellent Freudian slip :P

It does seem a shame though - it reduces the number of goodies up for sale on the weekend and potentially will reduce the overall trading?:confused:

lol oops :-)

SProducts

Well I also feel BoB should have given the Weekend special some more time, its a little too early to start charging success fees which will ultimately reduce number of listings.

On the other hand however, I know its a headache for BoB due to nonpaying bidders and SNc systems as mostly we have to email BoB to have the negative ratings from some silly nonpayers removed and this costs BoB a lot in time resources. I do understand in this case though, I for one have had to request a few revenge negative ratings to be removed.

Sipho

Little Miss Muffet

Remember demand and supply:D Bob might loose but sellers well!!!!w:peek-end specials here I come

The World Online

Now what makes the weekend special ?

I was just wondering, now that success fees are going to be in place, would the item prices not be same as in the week now ? I mean if I were to list something on Buy now basis, considering I have to pay the fees for the sale, I am not going to give the public a reduced price. Weekend special ?

I have personally listed many ad on sales over the weekend as it gives me the lee way to knock back a few bucks for the buyers additional purchases. I guess I will just do it between the two of us from now on.

Kit W

I agree with Gamesol and - rather do away with the Friday Snap auction as the total number of items listed do not compare favourably with the Week end specials. The exposure you receive on listings is much greater over the week end or Crazy Wednesday for example.

We will have to wait & see what decisions are made

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI ALL

The weekend special was a great innovation from bob as it allows you to make your own starting price which you could not do on crazy wed and gives you the opportunity for quick turnaround and income-As the listings grew over the weeks bob income from listing fees also increased-The success of the weekend special is due to fact that no success fees are charged.I still maintain that there will be less listings once success fees are charged and the income generated for bob will be less than it was without the success fees.There is the old saying dont kill the goose that lays the golden egg.

The weekend special definitely looks less attractive to me a s a seller once the success fees are effective.

neil

admin

Hi All,

Thank you for your comments, however, Cuan did warn us from the start that the weekend specials no success fees will only be temporarily to get it up and running.

Weekend Special Paid Promotion

What is a Weekend Special Paid Promotion?

A Weekend Special Paid Promotion is buy now or auction item charged at R5 per listing that opens at or after 3pm on a Friday and closes at or before midnight on the following Sunday (auctions do not necessarily have to start at R1 with No Reserve). bidorbuy will then promote your items during the weekend on the Weekend Specials Page, which in turn will be promoted on the bidorbuy home page.

Note: Until further notice items sold through the Weekend Specials Promotion will not incur any Success Fees.

To have your items appear on the Weekend Specials you will need to ensure:

• A Paid Promotional Listing must be selected (R5 per Listing).
  • Your item must start and end between 3pm on a Friday and midnight the following Sunday.

View the Weekend Specials Paid Promotion Page, note that your items may not appear right away on this page, but should do so after five minutes as this page gets regenerated by the system.

lilythepink

I agree with Kit W's comments about the Snap Friday auctions! Rather start the Week-End Auctions from 9 a.m. on a Friday - this will make paying success fees more worthwhile. Just a comment from the beak again ...

Little Miss Muffet

Good idea Lily then we will have the exposure.

I wasn't going to say this but Bob as a business runs on commission and I cant

understand why users complain about commission all the time

Ebay charge 10%,charge a listing fee,relisting fee and charge for extra photo's that are loaded.

R5 in every R100 is very little and an extra R5 for promotional listings is seriously pathetic to complain about if one sells something for R500 even R200 or R10,000 for that matter.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HI

I have no complaints on bob fees as these are reasonable.The point i make is that as a seller the weekend specials do not look so attractive anymore when success fees are added to listing fees and therefore i feel listings will decrease and also the income generated from the success fees will not compensate for the loss of listing fees so bob will lose out.

What will happen is possibly an increase in crazy wed listings as better exposure and they may make up the difference there but it will be sad to see the weekend special go the way of snap friday as this is poorly supported at the moment.

neil

Alass
HI

I have no complaints on bob fees as these are reasonable.The point i make is that as a seller the weekend specials do not look so attractive anymore when success fees are added to listing fees and therefore i feel listings will decrease and also the income generated from the success fees will not compensate for the loss of listing fees so bob will lose out.

What will happen is possibly an increase in crazy wed listings as better exposure and they may make up the difference there but it will be sad to see the weekend special go the way of snap friday as this is poorly supported at the moment.

neil

Hi,

I fail to understand the problem with bidorbuy adding success fee's to the WeekEnd Auction,

As surely you are charged this ( and listing fees) when you list normally as well (outside crazy auctions)?

Your items would certainly be more exposed on the weekend auction than on your normal listings you have on your selling account. ( As there are plenty more sellers to browse the same items you have)

I am sure if Bidorbuy starts to charge us listing fee's for these auctions on the weekend, that they will also put more advertising into it.

And like the admin stated, this was only for a short period so we all knew well in advance that this was bound to happen.

I personally have no problem paying fee's for selling on any one of these auctions, as bidorbuy needs to make there money somewhere and somehow...

Just my thoughts!!

Best Regards

Alass:)

ClickandShip

Why is there no 'Snap Friday' Newsletter Email, or 'Weekend special' Email?

At this point we are reliant on Buyers stumbling onto the specials in order to become aware..

I certainly note that bids on my items for Crazy Wednesday Specials become more intense directly after the Newsletter goes out..:)