Sign in to follow this  
Angolo Antico

Metal Detector Garret / White's

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico

Hi Guys,

I would like to buy a secondhand ( Excellent condition ) metal detector for someone who wants to start coin hunting, I did some research and think the best and most economical would be a Garret Ace 250 or a White's detector, anyone who can help?

thanks again :)

MK

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I've always wanted one of these - if not too expensive!

babyface2    10
babyface2

Hi MK

i will have a look for you as i come accross them quite often. managed to pick one up for myself for R200.00. what price are you willing to pay?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Babyface2 - I have sent you a PM!

Craig    10
Craig

Metal Detectors

There is a new category under Electronics that has Metal Detectors for sale. Currently there are only 3 different products listed there, but I'm sure the number will grow soon.

Also have a look at these Metal Detectors listed throughout bidorbuy. This link will update so you can keep using it.

Metal Detectors for Sale

Not all of them will be the kind you're looking for but the results a fun to go through :-)

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico

Hi lilythepink, It does sound interesting enough, so I might be joining the coin hunters soon :rolleyes:

Hi Babyface2, if you can get me one within the next 2 weeks ( needed as a birthday gift ) which is in an excellent condition, we are looking not to pay more than +-R1100.00 for the Ace 250 or a Good model from White's.

@Craig

Thank you, I saw the category in question, but to little products listed to make an informed decision. We need more sellers who offer this type of product.

thanks for all of your replies.

regards

MK

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks, Craig. Most interesting looking at the items. The hand-held ones scare me and the "fun/real" ones are far too expensive. Will have to wait for babyface2 to contact me when she has one!

wayjen    10
wayjen

I received a metal detector for a christmas present years ago and only went once to the beach with it. it worked well although it was not a fancy one.

Angolo Antico    10
Angolo Antico

Hi Wayjen,

Find anything interesting to share with us?

wayjen    10
wayjen
Hi Wayjen,

Find anything interesting to share with us?

i threw that bottle cap away years ago, if i knew about BoB back then I would have posted it online for you. :D

I need to tell you this story. We were at Paarden Eiland fleamarket one day and I took my daughter across the railway lines to the beach. We had no sooner stepped onto the sand and sat down and I found just over R1.00 odd under the sand. What was amazing to me was the fact that out of the whole of the beach area I had to sit down on the very spot where someone had lost a few coins.