Sign in to follow this  
Vintage_Collectables

Reclaiming bank charges from buyer

Vintage_Collectables

Hi all

I use bobPay to receive payments and it’s great. I’ve been using it for several months and everyone so far has paid me via EFT.

Last week I had the first buyer ever paying me with a cash deposit. I didn’t notice this when I received the payment notification, although looking closer now I see the email says “The payment was made as a cash deposit.”

I only noticed now the R16,50 bank charge when I looked at my BoB invoice for last month. :o

Unfortunately I shipped the parcel a few days ago. On the auction page it says very clearly that buyers making cash deposits need to add an extra R16,50.

Does anyone have some advise/experience in reclaiming bank charges from buyers? I know I’m probably not in a very strong position since I already sent the item.

The bank charges are more irritating than a great loss, and I feel it was unfair of the buyer, especially since this was an experienced buyer.

Any advice on how to approach this would be welcomed.

Thanks

Vintage Collectables

Little Miss Muffet

Smile like your bunny is smiling and write it off.I sent you an email

Vegar

I have been worried about this kind of scenario - one has to be very vigilant on this one and watch out not to send off the purchase.

What a headache to get the money from a buyer after they have already 'paid'.

So now they go and deposit cash to pay for the cash deposit fee and have to pay a cash deposit fee on the cash deposit. :confused:

Yes, the bunny will have to put the knife back in the kitchen drawer ... :D

Vintage_Collectables
Smile like your bunny is smiling and write it off.I sent you an email

Hi geewhizz, I haven't received an email from you?

lilythepink
I have been worried about this kind of scenario - one has to be very vigilant on this one and watch out not to send off the purchase.

What a headache to get the money from a buyer after they have already 'paid'.

So now they go and deposit cash to pay for the cash deposit fee and have to pay a cash deposit fee on the cash deposit. :confused:

Yes, the bunny will have to put the knife back in the kitchen drawer ... :D

Yes, once bitten twice shy! (I make a point of reminding buyers, when I send them an email telling them they have won an item from me, that a cash deposit incurs an additional cost of R16.50 which they need to add to the total cost of the item and postage).

Only once have I ever had a problem with a buyer who didn't read the email properly and then that buyer was good enough to pay the R16.50 before I sent the item.

Asha Craft Jewellery

I was charged R115.50 this month for bobpay bankcharges, due to buyer choosing the EFT option and then paying cash. Although I do give alternative bankdetails for cashdeposits....

R16.50 is fine... once. but R115.50? Not so easy to write it off when the amount goes up :(

lilythepink
I was charged R115.50 this month for bobpay bankcharges, due to buyer choosing the EFT option and then paying cash. Although I do give alternative bankdetails for cashdeposits....

R16.50 is fine... once. but R115.50? Not so easy to write it off when the amount goes up :(

Now we know what is aggravating the morning sickness, Amanda! :P