Sign in to follow this  
MacMuffin

Feedback on our SMS functionality and bidding

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

I would appreciate your feedback on our SMS services which we launched in June.

We felt that this is a valuable function to keep buyers alerted on the bidding and provide a relatively easy and cost-effective way to bid via SMS.

Reflecting over the last two months we have 3500 users who activated the service and per month we process up to 30,000 outbound SMS's (and close to 1,000 inbound bidding SMS).

As expected, our busiest periods are during the Crazy Wednesday and Snap Friday.

We will introduce a mobile site in the next few weeks which allows buyers to search, browse and purchase items on BoB-mobile.

Till that time, I would like your view on the current SMS functionality (i.e. have you used it, how did you find the response times through your service provider, what do you like/dislike, when do you use it etc).

windrider    10
windrider

I really like the functionality. I've never tried to bid via SMS, but the reminders were extremely useful. Congrats on such a nifty feature.

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

Hi Admin

Have not tried it but can assure you that it will be much slower than the email via blackberry..

Strange enough we can view items on the blackberry but cannot place bids. Cannot log into bid or buy from a blackberry :(

Maybe better if bob gets onto blackberry messenger - it is free compared to SMS and it is instant - no waiting like the sms...

Just a thought :)

EWAAN Auction Galleries

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Strange enough we can view items on the blackberry but cannot place bids. Cannot log into bid or buy from a blackberry :(

What BB are you using and what type of error do you get when trying to log into BoB? We are days away from launching a proper mobile site.

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

Hi

Works excellent on all Apple devices like the Iphone and Ipad.

Blackberry Bold 9700 is a problem - just cannot log in - takes you to another directory page.

Blackberry messenger is the way to go as it is completely free. Will save alot of SMS costs.

I would say At least 50% of active bidders use blackberry today...

Also need to add a favourite seller feature. I would like to add a few top sellers to my list and be notified as soon as they list new items for sale...

Just some input :)