Sign in to follow this  
Hans100

Retain "Old" after sales page & why no survey?

Hans100

I'm very surprised that no survey been done iro the alterations made to the after sales page and what seems to be the imminent removal of the "OLD" sales page .

As much as it is commendable that BoB want to enhance features, surely this intention should be guided by the community and not unilatery management driven!

I for one take the view that KEEPING IT SIMPLE is what the the ultimate goal should be and anything more is actually retarding the facility!

More importantly, any action to be implemented should this not have the majority support of the selling community? This would require a canvasing of the users and not just left to the views of management or indeed the contributors of this forum.

Consequently, since I believe the intention is too remove the "OLD" sales page sometime soon, I urgently appeal to the powers that be to resist this action as that would be completely contrary to the what surely must be the overall good intention of BoB ...i.e. To benefit the selling community.

WHY has BoB not carried out a survey? The OLD sales page in my view is so far more beneficial simply due to the fact that one can browse all sales from a period including the image as well as the feedback link without all these additional options that to the main consist of Status, messages & notes and all the space hungry Address label,item,packing,invoice etc etc printing options.

So to browse sales with images over a period it requires some serious scrolling as each sale detail covers half a page inclusive of all the very seldom to be used added features.

Additionally, I dont see a feedback link relevant to each individual sale from the initial completed sales page which I believe is fundamental. These features might be welcomed amongst the daily business selles of chinese imports but from the overall point of view of a weekly or a "Crazy Wed" Seller, I believe the NEW page is overdone and cluttered with far too many unnecessary options for the average seller (10 to 15 items p/w). Lets face it, the ultimate goal of an efficient seller is to list items, conclude the sale with payment within 24hrs. In this scenario none of these enhancements are required.

By all means provide the enhanced after sales features AS A CHOICE BUT NO WAYS should you remove the "OLD"sales page that I speculate would be applicable to the larger majority of sellers. To confirm this however a survey would have to be conducted so I do urge BoB to follow this route where I'm sure the KISS principle as the ideal would get overwhelming support.

ANYBODY else vote for KISS?

cp27

I have to agree with hans100.

brands online

Hans, I can't but agree with you. Since this whole thing started many of us have been rambling on about keeping it simple. I even suggested a simple add-on for the note to buyer. That was the only real change needed. Everything else, has kinda just screwed things up, no offence BOB guys. The clutter although less than the initial change was, is still there. Also, if you click on sales for the last 2 days, it points to orders as and when they're completed, not your actual sales over that period. Using the new system means working with order no's. That's fine if your orders are completed or generated when your items close. But the orders are generated as and when buyers decide to complete the purchase.

I still use the old system 90% of the time as this new system is time consuming and somewhat flawed.

I also find it rather unacceptable that sellers who are charged for the service provided by BOB are used as guinea pigs to test the system and find the bugs, yet no-one really assessed what sellers wanted (polls, etc) before deciding this was the route to go. Just like noone will have a say when they do decide to pull the plug on the old system. So yeah, I have to unfortunately agree with you.

MacMuffin

We have communicated already several weeks back that we have decided to keep the old sales page around for ever.

A large number of sellers used to rely heavily on offline work to process sales and with the new sales we managed to move those sellers into only managing sales on BoB (the fulfillment process will always be offline, but a streamlined order process was the intention).

The requirements have been assessed, as we introduced the new sales tools in the middle of May as a pilot (with banner-texts on the sales page to ask sellers to try it out and give us feedback). We have opened several threads to engage with sellers as well as cold-called sellers to get feedback and took large and small sellers through the new process to further enhance the tooling.

I can proudly say that aside from small bugs (which BTW have also always been on the old sales pages), there was no major issue considering the magnitude of change. All in all the majority of sellers appreciate the new functionality and understand the concept that multiple items are bundled in an order.

We believe that any type of seller will be able to work with the new sales tools. I think that feedback such as the above is flawed as the forum is hardly used for positive feedback. But when I look at sellers across the board and their new sales pages, it is very impressive to see how well (and better) they manage sales. Aside from the statuses the most beneficial feature from a customer service point is the use of the messaging systems as communication has drastically improved through sellers. I can honestly say, that many sellers have introduced some amazing customer service through the new sales tools and we do get a lot of positive feedback through our customer service channel.

So in short (and as mentioned in the thread http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/selling-bidorbuy/10244-new-after-sales-tools.html) --- the "classic sales pages" will remain for ever. Those have however gone into maintenance mode which means we will only fix bugs but not introduce any enhancements (such as statuses, notes or templates).

brands online

Hi Mac, you really need to tell us how you always seem online. My multi-vits just don't keep me going as long :)

Please see my feedback. I do compliment on the note to buyer. I must however disagree with you that the after sales process provides a more streamlined way to mange sales. Sellers I've spoken to, all seem to have mixed feelings.

It might be easier to manage 'orders' as such, but 'sales' are the important thing. Thanks for the info that the old sales page will be retained. I missed that communication it seems and it still says on the site 'available for a limited time'. From BOB's side, I do see the advantages in that all communication between buyer and seller can be monitored on the site, leaving less room for dispute, again, dependent on whether or not the seller and buyer actually make use of that feature. I would personally like to use it to send tracking no.'s but it is quicker to copy and paste from a spreadsheet into a prepared email and send to the buyer than to individually copy and paste the communication onto each order :(

It's these little things that save sellers time as well as effort that some of us feel have not been well thought through on sellers' behalfs.

And c'mon, there is positive feedback that comes through on this forum, even I've complimented you guys on a number of occassions :D

qball

Hi

With any changes it will take getting used to, unfortunately we cannot remain a "mom & pop" store any longer. With the size the business is growing we need to make these changes. This has been done in consultation with many of our sellers. Unfortunately we will never be able to satisfy everyone's requirements or wishes, but we feel we have come pretty close. Once you have used the new tools and understand how they work, they will make more sense and will help with your business, alternatively you can utilise the old pages if you feel more comfortable with this.

Thank you all for your feedback, however, as there have been several threads on this topic this topic will be closed.

Kind regards

Cuan