Sign in to follow this  
romulux888

How to find who accepts PayPal

Rusty500

Hi Angela

Blooming frustrating isn't it. Let's forget the topic and speak about something that we all understand - like politics.

Regards

Rusty

design_hibo

We could of course petition PayPal to force them to act...

qball

The .co.za version only converts prices to Rands, most sellers are still located overseas. Some SA sellers have bank accounts overseas which allows them to pay and accept paypal. Most South Africans can pay via paypal (via credit card) but not accept payment without an account overseas.

Kind regards

Cuan

AngelaBraun

Rusty I think you are so right, the subject has been exhausted, but 2 subjects one should never debate - Religion and Politics. The latter brought the worst out in me which does not surface too often, when I lost it to one American Seller who blatantly called us all untrustworthy. I felt my blood boil and in a polite as possible manner gave it back to him. You can read my response further up in one of these listings. There is one thing that really riles me and that is if I am accused of something I am not or something I have not done. :evil:

Meantime I am debating my next Philatelic question to post so I do hope you will participate. Have a good evening/morning :?:

Southerns

There is a way for South Africans to receive Paypal payments.

I use it and yes the fees are slightly more but it works.

You need t o open a 2 checkout merchant account (Google 2co)

used to cost $50 plus there is some paperwork you need to submit.

They now accept payment from PayPal as well as from Credit cards.

Once the account is opened you apply for their Payoneer card

(Its a debit master card) and it works in our shops, ATMS and online for credit card payments.

This is the solution I use and I have already transferred funds to my card and

bought items locally at an "OK" store.

Hope this helps

I am not really a Paypal fan as their attitude Sucks to say the least,

but unfortunately they have a large following world wide so I had to compromise.

design_hibo
You need t o open a 2 checkout merchant account (Google 2co)

used to cost $50 plus there is some paperwork you need to submit.

Although 2CO accepts PayPal - according the the 2checkout website, the following products and services CANNOT be sold:

"Auction Sites, Auctions, or Selling Through Auction Sites, including advertising and service fees"

Regarding using 2CO on eBay - The following statement is from a 2CO staff member:

"2Checkout is an online reseller, not a payment processor. Unfortunately, 2Checkout cannot be used for eBay transactions.

http://www.2checkout.com/community/public/general/2checkout-on-ebay/

Southerns

design_hibo

Thanx for the update,

I use it for my websites so its not an issue for me.

design_hibo
design_hibo

Thanks for the update,

I use it for my websites so its not an issue for me.

Yes, that may be the case as you are not using it for eBay transactions.

PayPal is a large corporation and it's obvious that they are trying to protect their revenue by not allowing third party payment processing companies on eBay.

I would not be surprised if one if the conditions for allowing 2CO to accept payments from PayPal were that they agreed not to allow 2CO's use on eBay.

AngelaBraun

Here we go again, I thought we ut this to bed. You need to have a registered business to obtain a Merchant credit Card, I thought I mentioned that previously.

robmac1

Link deleted - Admin

A very good source of info on the subject.

robmac1

Hello - why was the link I posted deleted? Did I break a forum rule? Sorry? It would be nice if the person who deleted it could let me know why :)

I was not sure if we could post links - but then I checked previous posts and they had links and so I thought it should be okay. Please let me know why this was deleted.

Mustlovebooks

There is some good news for South Africans trying to trade with a system like PayPal. Payfast has just opened for South Africans with SA Bank Accounts to receive money. Check it out at http://www.payfast.co.za.

nine974
Hi there, I cannot answer your question but I have one for you!

How on earth did you get PayPal. I been trying to trade on eBay for ages, but I cannot get the PayPal story right!

Please help if you can!

Regards...

Hello

You can to have Paypal in SA because i live from Reunion island and in 2008 i have buy 1 item and i have sended the payment by Paypal

Gerard

kyle2

Hi all,

My apologies for entering into this forum so late with my 2 cents worth.

I have been a trader on eBay for a number of years now and as such utilise PayPal extensively.

If you wish to receive money, you have to upgrade to a business account with PayPal.

I had no trouble doing this, just follow any instructions given. Once this is done, you will be allowed to send a Request Money invoice to the buyer and its all automatic from there.

Now getting money out of PayPal is more tricky.

You HAVE to open an account with First National Bank and apply for a PayPal facility through the bank.

Once this is done it is relatively easy to link your bank account with PayPal.

Now you will be able to transfer money into your PayPal account AND withdraw funds from PayPal.

It usually takes about 3days either way though.

There you go, not impossible, I've done it and receive funds this way from overseas buyers all the time.

:)

kyle2

I was wondering if paypal would be integrated as an option for payment on Bob at some point?:) It would certainly help the overseas guys to buy stuff from us.

lilythepink

A while ago, BoB didn't seem to think they would integrate Paypal. Don't know if things have changed since then, unless the Reserve Bank has lightened up on its regulations?!

qball

Hi

We have already integrated paypal into our payment options, as a seller you can select this much like adding another payment method when you create your payment methods, you just need to tick it to enable it.

Kind regards

Cuan

lilythepink

Fantastic, Cuan. Thanks for the update.

kyle2

Yes thanks Cuan, it opens up a whole lot of possibilities now, maybe I can drag some of my overseas customers into Bob.:)

audiocentrum

How to add paypal to bidorbuy accouns as payment ?

thanks

dstorm

Yes follow the instructions. It is easier than it looks.

Regards

Jacques

qball
How to add paypal to bidorbuy accouns as payment ?

thanks

Please send a request to hello@bidorbuy.co.za for assistance - please ask to be added to the paypal group, then you can select the option to offer paypal.