Sign in to follow this  
Craig

New in the Nikon Coolpix Style Range - S8000 S70 S4000 S3000 S1000pj S570

Craig    10
Craig

1463353_100727150125_Nikon-Coolpix-Style-Series.png

Have any of you used the new range of Nikon Coolpix Style Series?

Some of the new models include the S8000, S70, S4000, S3000, S1000pj and the S570.

I'm pretty impressed with the range. For example, the S8000 includes the following:

A slim 27.3 mm body.

NIKKOR wideangle 10x zoom lens with Extra-low Dispersion glass (35mm equivalent: 30-300mm).

HD (720p) movie clips recording with stereo sound at 24 frames per second.

7.5 cm (3-inch) high resolution (921-k dot) LCD monitor.

There are more factors to consider when choosing a digital camera, but I think this is pretty impressive.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Not being negative, but personally I feel that Nikon has seriously downgraded themselves by making these point&shoot jobbies (and "entry-level" DSLR cameras).

Also, I wonder who actually makes these cameras? My bet is on Samsung.

OK, that was negative. :D

Craig    10
Craig
Not being negative, but personally I feel that Nikon has seriously downgraded themselves by making these point&shoot jobbies (and "entry-level" DSLR cameras).

Also, I wonder who actually makes these cameras? My bet is on Samsung.

OK, that was negative. :D

Yip that was.. but also remember that this is the Style Series :cool: We'll get to the performance series soon :)

I think for point-and-shoot cameras, you probably won't find much better on the market at the moment. And they're small... real small. So they're ideal for good old family outings too.

RISadler    10
RISadler
... this is the Style Series ...

The Nikon I grew up with and looked up to in wide-eyed admiration were professional, no nonsense, working cameras. You bought a Nikon because you needed a solid camera with solid lenses that won't break whilst in Belgian Congo. Style!? Bah! Style was for sissies!

It is just so sad to see the greats grovel before the fickle masses.

kimsantics    10
kimsantics
Yip that was.. but also remember that this is the Style Series :cool: We'll get to the performance series soon :)

I think for point-and-shoot cameras, you probably won't find much better on the market at the moment. And they're small... real small. So they're ideal for good old family outings too.

Hey I love my cheap nikon made lots of money and good pictures!!!POSITIVE a few years old a few thousand pictures and rands!!!GO NIKON!!