Sign in to follow this  
EWAAN Galleries

Veldpond Sells for R450000-00 on a Wekend Special

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

Dear Collectors / Investors

We are pleased to announce that we have sold a Veldpond NGC Graded MS63 for R450000-00 on auction below. This coins was on consignment. The seller was very happy with the price we got.

Graded Coins - Look @@@ 1902 ZAR Veldpond NGC MS63 - NO SLASH - Ultra Ultra Rare - Perfect was sold for R450,000.00 on 24 Jul at 21:37 by EWAAN Galleries in Johannesburg (ID:24156238)

This is Excellent News for the online coin market, especially in today's economical crisis.

Best Regards,

Safiya (Auctioneer)

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Thanks for the offer Safiya

I, for one, would rather do my own selling on BoB. The South African token coin market is really taking off and I see no need to use a third party and pay them commissions as a result. I believe I can trade on my own credibility in this market without the need to use a third party.

There is no doubt that BoB is the market all serious South African collectors visit.. it is this reality that has heralded the excellent prices seen recently by sellers of South African coins. I made note of this a couple of weeks ago on this forum when congratulating BoB.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

Hi Scott

We will definitely not come down to Australia to collect your coins so won't work anyways.

Offer is to all out there that are interested as they have faith in us on this side. We have sold 3 Veldponde in the last 2 weeks.... :)

It's great that you started listing some items for sale now on bid or buy :)

Best Regards,

Safiya (Auctioneer)

EWAAN Auction Galleries

ECONOZONE    10
ECONOZONE

Hi

How many bids did you have on the veldpond?

Cheers Craig

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

Well done!

Well done Ewaan galleries - a glass of champagne on you!

Pierre

jwither    10
jwither

Yes, congratulations to the seller on getting that price. Not having seen this coin or others in person, I cannot directly compare them. But the buyer could almost certainly have saved themselves a lot of money by buying one of the two MS-63 specimens that sold at Heritage in January of this year. One of them sold for less than HALF this price.

Obviously, the buyer would disagree with the analysis I provided in my posts from yesterday on the financial profile of the Veld Pond..

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

Sometimes money not the issue when it comes to top end coins..

Last Veldpond MS63 on Heritage for over $50000-00 so where did you get your info from???

For example I know of a collector who has a Veldpond MS65 and will not sell it for any money.....

jwither    10
jwither
Sometimes money not the issue when it comes to top end coins..

Last Veldpond MS63 on Heritage for over $50000-00 so where did you get your info from???

For example I know of a collector who has a Veldpond MS65 and will not sell it for any money.....

Money should always be an issue and when it is not, the buyer is likely to do worse at resale, regardless of what the coin is.

There are no Veldpond I see in MS-63 that sold on Heritage for over $50,000. There is one MS-64 that sold for $54,000. Anyone can verify the prices I have posted by performing a search in the Heritage Archives under "South Africa" and "1902". This brought up six results, including the two NGC MS-63 which sold for $34,000 and $48,000 on January 4, 2010. I also performed a search under "veld pond" but it only displayed five.

I did not check all 1300+ lots in the archives and its possible that there are some that my searches did not display. But these are likely older ones before the DB changed. For example, the 1998 sale that Thomas mentioned did not show up in my search. But I would expect that all recent sales would.

EWAAN Galleries    10
EWAAN Galleries

Well then this sets a new level for a Veldpond in Brilliant UNC now :)

ThomasMueller    10
ThomasMueller

I did not check all 1300+ lots in the archives and its possible that there are some that my searches did not display. But these are likely older ones before the DB changed. For example, the 1998 sale that Thomas mentioned did not show up in my search. But I would expect that all recent sales would.

There are a few Veldpond sales in the Heritagecoins archives which took place in the mid to late 90`s at prices about $2000. All of them are without photos.

Dulal    10
Dulal
Dear Collectors / Investors

We are pleased to announce that we have sold a Veldpond NGC Graded MS63 for R450000-00 on auction below. This coins was on consignment. The seller was very happy with the price we got.

Graded Coins - Look @@@ 1902 ZAR Veldpond NGC MS63 - NO SLASH - Ultra Ultra Rare - Perfect was sold for R450,000.00 on 24 Jul at 21:37 by EWAAN Galleries in Johannesburg (ID:24156238)

This is Excellent News for the online coin market, especially in today's economical crisis.

Best Regards,

Safiya (Auctioneer)

Hi Safiya

Well done and congratulation. Thanks for giving the good news to the market.

With regards

Dulal

kimsantics    10
kimsantics

WEll done great to see your good work rewarded I am new to coins and was astounded at the price Good job Regards KIM