Sign in to follow this  
saiedm

Beware of New Coin Sellers

saiedm

Hi Admin

Early this morning I put in a bid on an auction

Graded Coins - !!!!! WOW 1892 ZAR 1/- SHILLING NGC AU58 LOW STARTING BID !HOT AUCTION!!!! was sold for R201.00 on 24 Jul at 13:34 by coindealertwen in Pietermaritzburg (ID:24174933)

I am sure this auction was not ending today. Nevertheless I received an email notification at 13:34 that I had won the auction. At 16:45 I received a second email from BoB informing me that the seller had given me a negative rating. I was shocked as I have never had a negative rating in the 10 years that I have been on BoB. I also noticed that the seller had left a message via BoB that I should contact him as he has 50 other coins to sell.

Login Page

This is an infringement of BoB rules. After further investigation I found the seller has sold the exact same item on another auction which also ended today at 12:19

Graded Coins - !!!!! WOW 1892 ZAR 1/- SHILLING NGC AU58 LOW STARTING BID !!!!! was sold for R3,900.00 on 24 Jul at 12:19 by coindealertwen in Pietermaritzburg (ID:24174479)

I am sure this too is an infringment of BoB rules.

What I find strange is if his auction ended at 13:34 how does the seller expect me to get to a bank at this time on a Saturday. Also if payment was to be made an hour after the auction closes he should have mentioned this in his auction.

I tried calling the seller but to no avail he will only answer his emails. When questioned the seller says he has two of these coins which I find hard to believe.

I feel we need some sort of protection from BoB. There are numerous amounts of cons out there doing in honest and hard working people. BoB should look at bringing in some sort of protection for people that use this site for there purchases.

Either way I am out of pocket. If I take a chance any pay the seller I am certainly throwing away money and if I dont pay I sit with a negative rating which hurts even more.

I hate been held at ransome like this.

I have decided not to bid on any BoB auctions until this problem has been resolved by you.

BoB can certainly do without this type of sellers. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

admin

Hi saiedm,

You can appeal the rating by sending all the details to hello@bidorbuy.co.za. I would hold on with payment till Monday, if payment would still need to be made by then. ;)

Guest Guest
After further investigation I found the seller has sold the exact same item on another auction which also ended today at 12:19

You are right.

The same graded coin displayed on the listings has been sold twice by the same seller at the same time.

That sounds like fraud to me.

I would be wanting to see the coin before I parted with any money.

Kind regards

Scott Balson

dstorm

Hello Saiedm

BOB is very fair when it comes to these types of ratings. Enjoy the rest of the weekend – I can assure you that BidorBuy will definitely remove this negative rating.

Regards

Jacques

ECONOZONE

Its not about the rating it is about being conned, does he even have one of these?Watch it.

zarmaniac

This coin was sold on the 21st of June 2010 to Coinoissuer, this fraudulent seller just copied the whole listing and tried to sell this coin again as his own, I reported him, and according to me he was blacklisted by bidorbuy, I was not aware that he sold the coin twice after that? Always remember if the price looks to good to be true, it probably is.

Graded Coins - !!!!! WOW 1894 ZAR 1/- SHILLING NGC AU58 LOW STARTING BID !!!!! was sold for R6,900.00 on 21 Jun at 20:01 by Coin Collector in Welkom (ID:22567106)

zarmaniac
coinoisseur

Hi Everyone

Unless you are recognised in the industry, buyers should be very careful from whom they purchase especially if the seller is new. Its amazing how people can think that they can get away with things like this....

The top sellers and those recognised in the industry are well know.... deal only with people you know.....

Cheers

saiedm

Nigerian Scam

This scam get more interesting by the hour. This morning I received an email from the seller saying that he will be out of town but wants the money to be paid in immediately into an account in Dobsonville. As far as I know Dobsonville is in Soweto but the seller is located in Pietermaritzburg. This has all the makings of a Nigerian Scam.

saiedm

Hi Guys

Thought I would give you an update. The seller coindealertwen has been disabled. BoB smelt a rat after all the info that was given to them. And YIPPIE I have my 100% positive rating back, what a relief :D:D:D

Thanks for all your support.

Dulal
Hi Guys

Thought I would give you an update. The seller coindealertwen has been disabled. BoB smelt a rat after all the info that was given to them. And YIPPIE I have my 100% positive rating back, what a relief :D:D:D

Thanks for all your support.

Hi saiedm and everybody

Good job and welldone.Hope BoB will be able to incinerate this type of rotten rat.

Dulal

Zelf

This thread makes me angry at the people who create a Question mark on the heads of nubies like me.

But BOB makes me proud, knowing that these people get what they desurve. Thanks BOB.

I sold my first coin. Sent it. Waiting for my rating.

PS>> (BRAG) have you seen my low mailing charges?