Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Thumbnail Pictures Only?

wayjen

Often I do research on products using BoB and I lose interest on an item if all i see is a thumbnail of the product. The description part of the auction only has a lot of writing about the item or sometimes there is no description at all.

Do people still buy an item if all they see is a thumbnail and read the description or are people more inclined to buy a product when they can see more of the product and have a little bit of a description?

MacMuffin

Our biggest concern nowadays is that many sellers are starting to just upload an image into the description. Will this is visually appealing, it does not get picked up in BoB-search or by any search engines and exposure is really minimal.

I am quite passionate about item-descriptions (and Search Engine Optimisation) and I completely understand where you are coming from...

wayjen

I agree with you that just having a picture will not help in selling your item as a google search will not bring your item up and just maybe you get lucky with a google images search, I don't know but a picture aswell as a description would be better for your chances of selling an item or at least getting someone to take interest in what you have on offer.

Just on the note of search engines I love the fact that if you type something into BoB's search engine it gives you an option on different variables of the word you are typing. Before if you spelt the item/word wrong nothing came up even though you know for a fact that that certain item is on BoB. I wonder how many people have lost sales because a buyer miss spelt their items name? How many people have been lost to BoB because they thought an item was not for sale on BoB because they spelt and item wrong, anyway I am glad we getting things sorted on BoB which can only but help us all in the long run.

Vinyl Lady Decals

I won't buy items that have no description - graphics only or no graphics, description only.

I feel that this indicates that the seller is not really interested in putting in the effort required to get browsers interested. Perhaps in too much of a hurry or wanting to make a quick buck. It's laziness as I see it and could indicate the overall attitude of the seller regarding client service, despatch of goods, etc.

Rather give it a skip.

wayjen
I won't buy items that have no description - graphics only or no graphics, description only.

I feel that this indicates that the seller is not really interested in putting in the effort required to get browsers interested. Perhaps in too much of a hurry or wanting to make a quick buck. It's laziness as I see it and could indicate the overall attitude of the seller regarding client service, despatch of goods, etc.

Rather give it a skip.

I agree. I take plenty pictures with junk cameras and cellphones and it sometimes takes long to upload them to BoB but when I sell something then it makes it all worth while.