Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

So what exactly is a spacer bead?

BeadsandBaubles

Hiya Clever Crafters

Could someone clarify for me please? I see so many different interpretations, it's confusing.

Some look like just another "bead" to me, some are listed as beads, some as spacers, some as spacer beads - is there a difference or is it just personal interpretation?

:confused::confused::confused:

Cali Craft and Gems

I too find it confusing, but generally follow my supplier's guidance.

A spacer can be any of the following:

Usually a metal bead of sorts - be it flat / thin, or shaped with or without texture.

Can be a rondelle / roundel with rhinestones around the outer edge.

Also, a glass rondelle / flat / squashed bead.

But for the purpose of listing under the new sub-categories, I for one have listed all the metal "spacers" under spacer beads and left the glass ones under glass beads.

BeadsandBaubles

Thank Ya Cali Craft :) Knew I could rely on you once more. I think I'll stick to the same definitions and try get some uniformity in my listings. Yours look great by the way, I only saw the changes this morning, so got some work to do over the next few days, grrrr.

Have a lovely evening further.

Cali Craft and Gems

@ B&B

Thanks re the listings!

In order to change all the listings "quickly", follow the below:

Do "searches" when updating your listing category! Example, search for "chain", then change all the listings in one batch. Then search the following item, etc.

This saved me hours of painstaking work! I was going to write off the whole weekend to do the categories, and I was done in about 2 hours instead!

There will be a few items that aren't covered in the searches, but then you go through your items for sale lists and you'll know at a glance what has been done already!

Good luck... you only have a handful of listings!

BeadsandBaubles

@ Cali

Yup, regards the no. of listings, it's bad, but I'm being run rugged these last few weeks, I need to take a sabbatical. We had a bad scare with hubby being retrenched (for the 3rd time). I really wish he would get out of the contracting business - tired of him wondering off to all parts of the world.

Also lost my Kitty to a hit and run :(:(:(

I have another question, please - where do I list bails? Can they perhaps be listed with "Connectors" as they are "sorta" connectors? What do you think?

By the way, I agree with you on the Swarovski's - they deserve their own category -"tongue in cheek" - would be nice to be able to see the German leaded crystals and "cheap" Chinese crystals I plan to list, the Swarovski's swamp them ;):P

Thanks for the advice on using the search to relist - I'm off to do that now. Have a good evening.

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi

You can put bails under "other findings". This is also where headpins and eyepins should belong until BoB decides to make their own category, but other sellers have their own ideas already and are listing things in the WRONG categories!

Somewhat defeats the object of having multiple categories!

CCG