Sign in to follow this  
booksallsizes

Closing all listings for a period of time...

booksallsizes

Just wanted to know if there is a way that all listings can be closed for while and easily relisted without having to go through each one. I doubt it as I haven't seen any evidence of this being possible. I ask because I have to go away for medical reasons for a week. While it is still possible to control things while being away for a week without shutting down, there is a possibility that I may have to stay away longer depending on my results. So I thought it would be easier to just 'sleep' listings for a while. Obviously not those that have bids, they'll need to close early and be posted off before I go.

Would this be a viable function to consider? Especially when sellers with a lot of listings need a break! :)

Thanks, your feedback would be appreciated!

mellowred

In your case it would help a lot, you have a lot of items and it will take a lot of time to end them individually. And then having to relist would also be a headache.

It would be a very nice function for users with lots of listings. Something like a suspension - but with a reason added - away for two weeks - or gone fishing etc.

Hope all goes well with the medical things.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi

You can also try relisting all your items using the picklist and setting the opening and closing date for a month from now to be on the safe side.

Then delete/close all the current listings.

I use this successfully to keep my templates on BoB without the listings opening and surprising a buyer. Every now and then I just move the dates along.

I hope your medical results will be good news. G O D bless!!

lilythepink

Hope your medical results will show you are perfectly okay, booksofallsizes! Please come back to us soon, hale and hearty!

booksallsizes

Thanks all! Such lovely kind people here on the forum :)

But no feedback from 'the team'... I know the feature may not be seem feasible but is it worth consideration?

I am sadly going to have to spend a long long while opening every listing and amending. Sigh. It's just that when one does not know when one shall be back in the world of Bidorbuy one can't very well amend auction dates.

It would be nice if one could have a 'sleep' option in the future.

And Mandy, I like the idea of a message displayed, just so that customers are aware that it is temporary and that you will be back online selling.

Tananka, I did once try the pick list (I think one can only have a hundred items on there) and managed due to my utter incompetence to lose everything. Grrr. So am quite wary of this feature now... I actually think I don't really understand it :D

qball

Thank you for the suggestion, however, we will not be implementing this feature. This causes untold problems when sellers leave listings open whilst away on leave or incapacitated etc. Buyers often make payment quickly, then cannot get hold of the seller or wait for the goods to be shipped which is then delayed considerably. Most of our complaints over December are that sellers go on leave but leave their listings up... in the real world, shop owners never leave their stores unattended unless they have staff to look after it and neither should seller's planning on taking time off. If you do and cannot find anyone to assist you whilst away then we strongly recommend closing all your listings. The picklist facility is there for your to relist your items easily.

Kind regards

Cuan

booksallsizes

Thanks for your reply - but perhaps what I meant was misunderstood. What I meant was having one button to push to shut all listings down completely for that seller (so no listings appear to buyers - so they obviously can't bid) and then when one is back from being away one can just start up again with the push of a button without closing and opening every item individually. Obviously, anything that has bids on it needs to either run its course or be closed early and the item shipped to the customer before the seller goes away. I'm not meaning that items should still show up when one is away. Does this make sense? Not sure if I'm explaining it properly :confused: To me this might prevent sellers leaving listings up and just going away on holiday etc. - they can then deal with any items that have bids on before they go and close up the rest with one easy click.

booksallsizes

Realised that my signature is very apt at the moment - I think I am just offering everyone my own confusion - sorry if I am (I know what I mean in my head) :D

qball

Apologies, I misunderstood. Basically you want to be able to close all listings at one time and be able to relist when you are back... I will see if the tech guys can add this to the task list.

Kind regards

Cuan

booksallsizes

Thanks Cuan!