Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

New style and colour changes

RAG Auctioneers
Glad you came right with that. =]

We are currently looking at the editor and will be sorting out all these 'extra coding' and other issues with it over the next week or two.

Thanks

~DG

DG,

You guys are awesome.

Thanks for helping.

Richard.

brands online

Discovering all the display changes. I think they're absolutley fantastic. RAG, I actually like the shade :) Different strokes, I suppose.

RAG Auctioneers

brand online...it is awesome...but maybe just a tiny too bright of a yellow :)

Cali Craft and Gems

With regards to the Logout button - it now appears on most pages... thanks!

Cali Craft and Gems

With regards to tables in a listing - all my info is now centralised in the tables! Frustrating... I do not have the time to go and fix each listing! (over 1000)

And in some tables, the colour has changed from black and the text size is massive (or mixed sizes)!

By example:

Tumbled Stones - Natural LABRADORITE for sale in Port Elizabeth (ID:23769641)

Cali Craft and Gems

Further to the below, if you "edit" the listing, the contents of the table are as they should be (left aligned), yet if you view the listing itself (as the public would see it) the alignment is centred with or without text colour & size changes.

467163_100718180954_MOP_edit.jpg

467163_100718181027_MOP_view.jpg

digitalgheko
Further to the below, if you "edit" the listing, the contents of the table are as they should be (left aligned), yet if you view the listing itself (as the public would see it) the alignment is centred with or without text colour & size changes.

Hi Cali,

While we do understand the frustration with things like this; unfortunately the previous condition of the editor was far too 'open' and loose; which allowed for very messy coding to be entered and as previously mentioned we will be doing further clean up of these elements of the site.

One of the side-effects of tightening things up is that some listings will be effected in an unexpected way. However, this is a step that we have to take in order to clean up the site and provide a better site for all users.

If you do come across any other issues please, as always, just give us a shout ;]

Thanks for the understanding =]

~DG

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi DG

So what you're basically saying is that I've got to either live with the listings the way they are, or go and change every single affected listing (over 1000) and hope that the viewed listing is the same as the edit view listing? (which currently does not correspond)

I'd understand if the listing was also mis-aligned, but it is not.

Now what?

Regards,

CCG

digitalgheko
With regards to tables in a listing - all my info is now centralised in the tables! Frustrating... I do not have the time to go and fix each listing! (over 1000)

And in some tables, the colour has changed from black and the text size is massive (or mixed sizes)!

By example:

Tumbled Stones - Natural LABRADORITE for sale in Port Elizabeth (ID:23769641)

Hi Cali,

Just had a quick look at the item above; and found the following code "" which would infact make the text a light blue. This is more than likely a side effect of copying and pasting from a Word or similar document format. While the inline editor on the trade creation pages has a 'semi' strict rule set; the actual live display tends to be more 'obedient' to inline coding; resulting in the different view types.

While we do try minimize the effects of third party formatting; some inbedded colouring and font formatting cannot readily be converted into clean code. Again; this is something we are working on and should have these sort of issues resolved in the next week or two.

Thanks for your understanding.

~DG

Cali Craft and Gems

Hi DG

Ok, I understand where the HTML text or codes could cause havoc, but I do not use the HTML nor have I ever copied or pasted from Word or any other source.

All listings are typed up manually with the images inserted individually using the "image uploader". I would not be able to use HTML even if my life depended on it!

Regards,

CCG

BumbleBee

OK, here is another bug that needs fixing. I was looking at one of my listings and found this curios omission.

388319_100719142936_payment_options_error.jpg

Now this could definitely be a problem, if you look at the payment options it looks like I only accept PayPay, I do however also offer Direct EFT but this seems to be missing! :o

Guys, you need to have a look at this in a hurry, the implications are self explanatory I think.

digitalgheko

Hi BumbleBee,

This is a Chrome only issue which has now been addressed; please can you confirm from your side that all is ok.

Thanks

~DG

BumbleBee

Thanks DG! Now lots more folks are gonna bid on my stuff!! :D

Cali Craft and Gems

Further to my entries below, I have viewed the listing as a HTML code, but am dumbfounded! I have managed to remove the "green" instruction, but the rest has me stumped.

This is going to take me forever to check each and every listing (over 1000)!

Basically what I would sincerely appreciate if BoB could set it right, do changes, etc (or what needs to be done on your side):

Contents of table to be left aligned - both columns (first column normal text, second bold)

Text to be constant in size, font (Arial) and colour (black)

Wording in table to be spaced correctly (example Natural Chrysoprase, versus current NaturalChrysoprase)

Once again I will state the facts:

If I look at the "edit" page, it all looks perfectly normal as it should be, but if you view the listing as the public would see it, then it is totally haywire.

Please... I am sure I am not the only seller affected! I take tremendous pride in how my listings are and that everything is "perfect", now you go screw it all up in one move which is extremely disheartening and embarrassing!!

Guest MacMuffin
Further to my entries below, I have viewed the listing as a HTML code, but am dumbfounded! I have managed to remove the "green" instruction, but the rest has me stumped.
Hi - I had a look at the following listing: New Age, Mineral Specimens and Crystals - Natural CHRYSANTHEMUM STONE for sale in Port Elizabeth (ID:23808955)I am unsure about the origin of the HTML, but there are a few things not correct:1) It uses v: and o:-tags such as "v:stroke joinstyle" - this seems to be only supported by Microsoft Internet Explorer and does not render in any browser (it seems to be related to this: Web Workshop - How to Use VML on Web Pages -- Element)2) The offset in some text in columns (in that specific example weight and colour) are because of the p-tags (if you remove the red ones, the alignment will be fixed):
Weight[color="Red"]
[/color]56g[color="red"][/color]

3) A similar issue as in 2) is your "colour"-row (notice how the placement of those p-tags is different to the one in 2 - again, if you remove them, the alignment will be fixed.

Colour[color="red"]
[/color]Black with white "sprays" of flower patterns (as per image)[color="Red"][/color]

I don't believe that there is a safe automated way to bulk-change the HTML in your listings without breaking more than what is currently out of place.I did only receive one other issue reported (by Seeds and All), but his listings could be changed very easily as one repetitive block of text was replaced with another and the issue was visible across all browsers.Your case is slightly different, take the following listing - Silver - Natural MOTHER OF PEARL (MOP) set in Sterling Silver for sale in Hunters Retreat (ID:23929786). The HTML in the listing is not consistent enough to run a text search and replace across the database on all your listings. I fear that this (irreversible process) would break more than what is currently wrong.Another observation is that your listing displays differently across browsers:attachment.php?attachmentid=615&stc=1&d=1279622175I do understand your frustration but I don't think we will be able to help you out (other than manually going through the listings ourselves). I would suggest that over time you fix the listings as outlined above (I do notice that you have different font-sizes which causes some of the issues).We are more than happy to give you advice on how to fix it, but regretfully don't have the manpower to assist in such a manual task.

cali-listing-issue.jpg.c3071e2d2098d6a63b57ca8750e0aa55.jpg

Cali Craft and Gems

Thank you for your reply and guidance MM - it is more than I've received in the past.

I'll set aside a day or two soon and will try to get the listings right - alternatively I'll just relist it all!

Guest MacMuffin
Thank you for your reply and guidance MM - it is more than I've received in the past.

I'll set aside a day or two soon and will try to get the listings right - alternatively I'll just relist it all!

If you come up with a new listing description/layout in HTML and need assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me (I have emailed you my contact details).