Sign in to follow this  
BeadsandBaubles

Insured Parcel Rates?

BeadsandBaubles

Hi

Does anyone know the exact cost I would pay for a parcel weighing 4.5kg with insurance for R1200.00.

Am I correct in saying the parcel would be +-R46.40 and the insurance R24.00 thus a total of R70.40?

My PO has a new guy working there who insists that the insurance is R72.30. My non-aggressive hubby has just paid R118.70 for a 4.5kg parcel insuranced for R1200. Is this right, has the rates changed again overnight or something?

What is really suspicious is that the R72.30 insurance charge is written in on the slip and not printed as usual.

Any feedback would be appreciated 'cos I am really raring for a good fight.

Thanks a lot

Sandy

lilythepink

I'm not an Einstein but I also work out that @ 2% (for insurance) on R1 200.00 should be R24.00. I also have a non-aggressive hubby who doesn't argue and just accepts what he is told. Someone at the PO owes you a refund! (I do find that it all depends WHERE you post an item as to whether the amount of insurance is written in at the top of the slip or not - some clerks are quite inefficient and don't seem able to put the insurance in the column, whilst others are perfectionists and do things the right way).

cp27

Am I correct in saying the parcel would be +-R46.40 and the insurance R24.00 thus a total of R70.40?

This is how i work it out as well, you should get R 48.30 refund. Maybe there was a increase and they are the only PO that knows about it. :rolleyes:

Cali Craft and Gems

R30.20 for first 1kg

R4.05 per kg or part thereof above 1kg

2% insurance

Therefore, 4.5kg parcel should be:

R30.20

R16.20 (4 x R4.05)

R24.00 (insurance)

Total: R70.40

(this is according to the rates booklet dated 1 April 2010 to 31 March 2011, top of page 13)

Asha Craft Jewellery

Written in on the slip you say? Mmmm... looks like a nice case of fraud to me. I'd make sure the postal worker gets called in by the postmaster to 'try' and explain himself. Can't wait to hear the outcome *eg*

RISadler

See your Rates Booklet, page 7, for the answer. The clerk charged you the insurance rate for a Domestic Registered Letter with a value up to R1500.