Sign in to follow this  
Guest MacMuffin

How should the improved rating work?

Guest MacMuffin

Cuan actually mentioned that we should leave the rating as it currently is and if a user fails to rate the other user within a reasonable period of time (i.e. 60 days), we should just give them automatically a negative rating.

/me sitting back with box of popcorn and enjoying the show to come....

JPBon
Cuan actually mentioned that we should leave the rating as it currently is and if a user fails to rate the other user within a reasonable period of time (i.e. 60 days), we should just give them automatically a negative rating.

Would work better if it was 3 negatives for not rating, to the non rater.:D

Cali Craft and Gems

I agree with JPBon - and a definite POSITIVE rating to the Seller! This is based on the fact that BoB should be able to see from the new "order" system if the parcel was in fact dispatched (thus also highlighting the need for a specific block for "tracking number" which is proof of dispatch!)

Little Miss Muffet
:D:P:rolleyes: Say no more--he meant positive ofcourse--either way it is questionable

qball
:D:D:D:D - Mac, c'mon I never said that...:rolleyes:

JPBon
I agree with JPBon - and a definite POSITIVE rating to the Seller! This is based on the fact that BoB should be able to see from the new "order" system if the parcel was in fact dispatched (thus also highlighting the need for a specific block for "tracking number" which is proof of dispatch!)
I find sellers who dont rate their buyers so this way who ever doesnt rate gets some negatives, would force people to rate lol

RAG Auctioneers

On a serious note, many buyers will not rate the seller because they had a bad experience. They will not rate negative in fear of a revenge rating. Forcing or automatic ratings will just make the rating system just even more flawed.........

lilythepink

I hope MacMuffin isn't becoming TOO bamboozled with all our suggestions! ;)

sungems

You should then just disable the one receiving this negative to rate the other user negative as well as they might want to do it out of revenge

tipisa

Rather keep what you do have if you cannot enforce a third party to judge a new system. This will be time consuming.

And users sometimes do not rate out of fear for a revenge rating but some never rate any sellers sales making this remark not true at all times

Read SunGems1 remarks they do have a couple of very good remarks and points

brands online

How about just adding another little block next to your user ratings status, percentage points that's displayed to everyone saying User Rating participation or something and the more frequent you rate users there's like a level indicator that goes up. People like to see those type of things standing out next to their profile. Reminds them of playstation or something and will actually encourage them to rate without being too intrusive to anybody.

That just leaves sorting out the revenge rating problem to Cuan and MacMuffin:D

brands online

Oi, that's supposed on the basis that every seller enters tracking no's on the new system. My current cut from Excel, paste in Outlook is much quicker than searching through all the orders or recalling them one by one on the new system (no offence guys). But yeah, definitely positive to the seller :D

donovink

Another option would be to leave the rating system as is but if a user selects a negative rating, an additional popup should load with a rating system similar to what macmuffin proposed and the rater should be compelled to give detailed info as to why he rated poorly on a particular field. The extra work would deter abusive raters and would give both the seller and BoB detailed information on why the rating was given.

Vinyl Lady Decals

That's a clever idea donovink.

Little Miss Muffet
Another option would be to leave the rating system as is but if a user selects a negative rating, an additional popup should load with a rating system similar to what macmuffin proposed and the rater should be compelled to give detailed info as to why he rated poorly on a particular field. The extra work would deter abusive raters and would give both the seller and BoB detailed information on why the rating was given.

I also like the idea of a popup but to tell Bob why--Well--People tell so many lies no wonder Bob dont want to get involved in ratings.

When I was quite new on Bob someone swore at me on the phone then said I swore at her which was totally untrue.

People assume things too and in their own mind it is the truth.

Most negative ratings should be neutral.

I mean if a person receives what they paid for but had to wait a while before it was sent a neutral is more appropriate.

That negative button is pressed far to often and is mostly emotional.

Vinyl Lady Decals
I also like the idea of a popup but to tell Bob why--Well--People tell so many lies no wonder Bob dont want to get involved in ratings.

When I was quite new on Bob someone swore at me on the phone then said I swore at her which was totally untrue.

People assume things too and in their own mind it is the truth.

Most negative ratings should be neutral.

I mean if a person receives what they paid for but had to wait a while before it was sent a neutral is more appropriate.

That negative button is pressed far to often and is mostly emotional.

You are so right geewhizz.

I also find that most of the time it is caused by a lack of communication.

Not asking questions or not giving enough information.

I've also had convenient lies or false accusations in ratings.

cp27

This is a very good idea,

Also what "brands online" proposed "How about just adding another little block next to your user ratings status, percentage points that's displayed to everyone saying User Rating participation".

Asha Craft

I really do like donovink's idea. It will encourage buyers not to be 'trigger-happy'. If you have to explain your motive for a negative rating, you tend to be more honest. It won't be a purely emotional decision.... Atleast in my opinion.

brands online

yup, some sort of popup box is an idea worth looking at too. But I do also agree it will mean lots of extra work for the BOB guys. ANyone looking for a job?

Little Miss Muffet
yup, some sort of popup box is an idea worth looking at too. But I do also agree it will mean lots of extra work for the BOB guys. ANyone looking for a job?

I still think Bidorbuy should send a uniform email to all users re the rating system especially re communicating with a buyer or seller before giving a negative rating.

It is always about communication. If a buyer is not happy communicating through a negative or even a neutral rating is a slap in the face to say the least

I have said this before. If we buy a TV from a retailer and we find it is defective we phone or go face to face and complain. So why cant users do the same thing online.

We all make mistakes. Buyers may be suprised at a sellers positive reaction to a complaint. A negative rating only gets a users back up when very often it can be sorted out amicably.

If the user complains to Bob they will get an automatic reply telling them Bob dont get involved in ratings.A sinking feeling of hopelessness.

ClickandShip

My 2c worth...as I understand it (open to correction)

A POSITIVE - Buyer Bid, Buyer Paid, Buyer Received.

A NEUTERAL - Buyer Bid, Buyer Paid, HICCUP, DELAYED DELIVERY, MISC. Issue :oBUT:o Buyer Received.

A NEGATIVE - Buyer Bid, Buyer Paid, CAUTION!! SCAMMER!! NON-DELIVERY!!!!!!! DONT BUY HERE!!

Therefore what more do potential Bidders/Buyers need to review for ratings?

IMO buyers should be issued with a series of checkbox questions

1) I received the item as described YES = POSITIVE

2) I have received the item however Shipping was delayed OR other issue YES/NO (If YES add Comment) = NEUTERAL

3) I have not received Item or communication (Tick box, which on submitting sends a notification to community watch) = NEGATIVE

This will also solve the ''communication tool'' issue.

What do other sellers think?

Little Miss Muffet

This is what I am trying to get across.

Just to use an example which I have already posted recently

I sold a lighter for R750. I have a 100% money back guarantee. I did not intentionally sell the lighter broken which he claims had a major leak. Normally I would say I have not tested this lighter but did not add this to the listing.

Nevertheless, he gave me a negative rating so I phoned him. Why did he not phone me.

If I was the buyer I would phone and say"Peter I feel I have paid too much for this because.... "but no communication except a neg rating.

I find this rude. He would phone a retailer if he had a problem with a product because he cant press a computer button. Irritating.

Cali Craft and Gems

I received a negative or two based on the same problem - buyer NOT reading the listing:

Item received - yes

Item exactly as advertised - yes

Item shipped immediately - yes

Item received within stipulated time period from post office - yes

But still the negative rating! Why? Because the buyer didn't read that it was one item at a time (which was clearly stipulated)!

Another poor rating was because once again the buyer didn't read the listing information - "items will only be posted on xyz date as we are at suppliers getting new stock"! Seeing that I did not reply to his email within 24 hours, he rated me poorly stating that no other sellers had trouble posting items over Easter weekend! Even though as soon as I managed to log in at an internet cafe I replied giving the next postage date (which was also in the listing), and sent his parcel immediately upon my return to the office! When we go on trips, we keep them as short as possible so I'm not out of the office more than 4 days in total!

Sometimes a seller just wants to strangle the buyer via the internet - if only it was possible to explain your side like one can do face to face!

ClickandShip

Sometimes a seller just wants to strangle the buyer via the internet - if only it was possible to explain your side like one can do face to face!

I have way more Negatives that I would like and many of them I feel undeserved, It angers me and at times I feel disheartened...

However I popped into my shop this morning...dealt with ONE customer face to face...:(

10 x BoB Negatives couldn't have upset me more..:mad:

Lets see what BoB's final implementations RE the rating system brings...we may be pleasantly suprised!!

RAG Auctioneers
My 2c worth...as I understand it (open to correction)

A POSITIVE - Buyer Bid, Buyer Paid, Buyer Received.

A NEUTERAL - Buyer Bid, Buyer Paid, HICCUP, DELAYED DELIVERY, MISC. Issue :oBUT:o Buyer Received.

A NEGATIVE - Buyer Bid, Buyer Paid, CAUTION!! SCAMMER!! NON-DELIVERY!!!!!!! DONT BUY HERE!!

Therefore what more do potential Bidders/Buyers need to review for ratings?

IMO buyers should be issued with a series of checkbox questions

1) I received the item as described YES = POSITIVE

2) I have received the item however Shipping was delayed OR other issue YES/NO (If YES add Comment) = NEUTERAL

3) I have not received Item or communication (Tick box, which on submitting sends a notification to community watch) = NEGATIVE

This will also solve the ''communication tool'' issue.

What do other sellers think?

I like!