Sign in to follow this  
windrider

Sellers not leaving ratings

windrider    10
windrider

I see a lot of stories on this forum about buyers either not rating or leaving negative ratings on issues that could be easily resolved. I'm wondering if some sellers had just decided that all the ratings are a waste of their time and thus it's not worth it to rate their buyers.

I'm currently sitting with at 15 sales that I paid for, the sellers saw the payment reflect (on all the items bought) and I had already received some of the items. Yet, despite rating the sellers, they have yet to rate me. Receiving positive ratings for smooth sales for both sides is a part of transacting on this site, yet I feel I've done my part (from placing the order to rating the seller to say thank you for service and items) and the sellers hadn't finished theirs (aside from sending the items).

Frankly, it's annoying and to me creates the impression that the buyer is easy to blame or just ignore even if everything went smoothly.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It does seem silly for Sellers not to rate good buyers - it's the least they can do.

But I don't believe it reflects badly on good buyers if they don't! Just my 10 cents worth again ...

windrider    10
windrider

It's also kinda of sad, since everything else went so smoothly. The thing is that I won't buy from those sellers again. They have some nice products, but personally, I'd rather take my business to sellers who appreciate good buyers.

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
I'm currently sitting with at 15 sales that I paid for, the sellers saw the payment reflect (on all the items bought) and I had already received some of the items. Yet, despite rating the sellers, they have yet to rate me.

I am not sure if you are perhaps a bit impatient as the order was combined on the 8th July and typically sellers will wait until all items have been accepted by the buyer. I am not sure how it was shipped (you indicated you wanted it to be shipped as one shipment - and I am a bit surprised that you say that a few items arrived as I would have then expected that you get one parcel and not in drip and drops).

Be it as it may, I would say give the seller a bit time and then communicate with him directly to ask for ratings.

BoB encourages/reminds sellers to rate their buyers, but more than often we find that sellers have quite some backlog.

Mrs brett2243    10
Mrs brett2243

Good Morning everybody:D

I personaly find it more that buyers don`t rate me as a seller:(. I send an attachement with my bank details and ask buyers to please rate me once item/s have been received. I still have ratings outstanding from January this year and it is a bit difficult to keep on going back months to see who owes ratings and getting in contact with each one. I know it is alot to ask but with the new system can`t BoB add something regarding ratings outstanding for sellers and buyers?

Kind Regards,

Mrs brett2243

Mrs brett2243    10
Mrs brett2243

For interest sake: i have counted from Jan-May 2010 i have 26 ratings OUTSTANDING from buyers(-3 as stransaction completed recently). :(:mad:

windrider    10
windrider
I am not sure if you are perhaps a bit impatient as the order was combined on the 8th July and typically sellers will wait until all items have been accepted by the buyer. I am not sure how it was shipped (you indicated you wanted it to be shipped as one shipment - and I am a bit surprised that you say that a few items arrived as I would have then expected that you get one parcel and not in drip and drops).

Be it as it may, I would say give the seller a bit time and then communicate with him directly to ask for ratings.

BoB encourages/reminds sellers to rate their buyers, but more than often we find that sellers have quite some backlog.

Honestly - that's not a good enough reason. I have received the items and rated the sellers. The seller's backlog in ratings shouldn't be the buyer's concern. Majority of the sellers rate me as soon as the payment has gone through and they sent me the tracking numbers. I think it is a pretty good indication to a seller that once the buyer had rated you positively that in their minds the transaction is complete. It doesn't excuse those buyers who don't rate, but I think the majority of buyers do.

Different sellers, not all from one seller. Some had been completed in June already. Only the recent ones are from last week. I hadn't been rated by sellers whose items are paid for and already received from 25th of June(as date of translation).

windrider    10
windrider

@MRS brett2243

Hmm, I agree with you. The responsibility of a buyer is to rate you after they are satisfied with the items received. I don't know what are the seller's principles on ratings if it is after receieving payment or after buyer receives items. In my experience, sellers usually rate after receiving payment.

Mrs brett2243    10
Mrs brett2243

Hi Windrider,

We are definitely on the same page:) Yes you are correct. As a seller i always rate the buyer as soon as payment has been received/cleared into my account. I definitely think it is for the seller to rate the buyer first as the buyer takes the "1st step" of the transaction and then the seller takes the"2nd step" of transaction. It is a bit worring, aspecially if buyers want item/s send via normal post becasue i don`t know if the item/s arrived safely and in one piece and i realy don`t have the time to email/phone every single buyer to find out. The thing is i don`t have an idea of how we can sort this out??? Does BoB have any suggestion on this matter?

Kind Regards,

Mrs brett2243

windrider    10
windrider
Hi Windrider,

We are definitely on the same page:) Yes you are correct. As a seller i always rate the buyer as soon as payment has been received/cleared into my account. I definitely think it is for the seller to rate the buyer first as the buyer takes the "1st step" of the transaction and then the seller takes the"2nd step" of transaction. It is a bit worring, aspecially if buyers want item/s send via normal post becasue i don`t know if the item/s arrived safely and in one piece and i realy don`t have the time to email/phone every single buyer to find out. The thing is i don`t have an idea of how we can sort this out??? Does BoB have any suggestion on this matter?

Kind Regards,

Mrs brett2243

I think we both consider ratings as an integral part of a transaction, rather than something optional that can either be completed or ignored. Perhaps a tick in the box next to the ratings to say that you've received the items in good working order?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

We acknowledge that the rating is currently in instances abused to for revenge ratings and other (morally questionable) ways. We have tabled a revamp of the rating system which should come into effect in the next few months which will allow buyers and sellers to rate on a more detailed level (i.e. communication, quality of goods, delivery times, reliability, trustworthiness etc). This will then give buyers and sellers a better view of who they trade with and rating revenge should then become a thing of the past....

brands online    10
brands online

Hi, why not just ask the seller. Perhaps they'vejust been busy or overawed with all the changes on the site that they're still getting to it. Ratings are an integral part of a seller's business on BOB so I'm sure they wouldn't just let it go :)

Mrs brett2243    10
Mrs brett2243

I fully agree with Wind Rider. If buyer/seller do not want to type anything just tick the box. The more straight forward the easier for everyone, i think. I VOTE FOR TICK THE BOX OPTION.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Buyers who dont rate "Tick me off". It tells me they have received item safely.

I will say no more otherwise Cuan will close this thread.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

Tick me off

Mrs brett2243    10
Mrs brett2243

Hi geewhiz, i FULLY know how you feel. So what do you think of the new ratings system that is lying ahead of us? To me as a seller (NO offence BoB)it sounds like MORE ticked off days coming our way.. Maybe i misunderstood you, my apologise geewhizz.

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

If a buyer does not take note of a tracking number or forgets about a purchase--believe me some do---then the post office sends it back or for all we know it could have gone missing.

I just want to know that a parcel has arrived safely. It is important to me to know that the whole process has been completed successfully.

I could just ignore it but I prefer to "nip a problem in the bud" so I always follow up when a rating has not been left. How else must I know if a buyer has received an item safely??

There is no other way than by being told by the buyer and if a buyer does not want to rate then at least let the seller know parcel has arrived.

It means I must follow the purchase up which is extra work and very frustrating when buyers ignore one."Ticks me off" Now if we get ticks for 4 or 5 differant aspects of ratings I will be "ticked off "4 or 5 times instead of once:D

Nevertheless,the majority of buyers do rate or answer if I have to follow up the sale.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I don't know if the new system will make buyers rate any more than they currently do.

If they cant' be bothered to do something as little as completing the current ratings, so you think they'll be bothered about completing ratings with even more options?

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin
Hi geewhiz, i FULLY know how you feel. So what do you think of the new ratings system that is lying ahead of us? To me as a seller (NO offence BoB)it sounds like MORE ticked off days coming our way.. Maybe i misunderstood you, my apologise geewhizz.

I have opened a separate thread: http://forum.bidorbuy.co.za/ratings-q/10293-how-should-improved-rating-work.html in anticipation of some interesting forum posts.

Perhaps we should also add to buyers/sellers then a rating "Does not rate other user"? :(

windrider    10
windrider

@Brands online, both sellers are well-established and been on bidorbuy for years, so I think this is what irkes me more