Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Ratings Question?

voldermort

I was looking through some of my very first ratings and noticed that on a vast majority of them I am getting an error message "you do not have permission to carry out this operation" or something to that effect.....is there a reason for this as no items were personal offers and these are after all my ratings?

MacMuffin
I was looking through some of my very first ratings and noticed that on a vast majority of them I am getting an error message "you do not have permission to carry out this operation" or something to that effect.....is there a reason for this as no items were personal offers and these are after all my ratings?

can you give me an example / tradeid and what you are trying to do - i.e. reply/edit?

voldermort

I cannot give you a tradeid as I cannot view the item sold due to the error message I am getting, the first one that comes up though is on page 108 of my ratings sold to user michaus. I am trying to compare prices of items sold +- 3 years ago to date and without being able to view the item I obviously cannot see the price it was sold.

MacMuffin
I cannot give you a tradeid as I cannot view the item sold due to the error message I am getting, the first one that comes up though is on page 108 of my ratings sold to user michaus. I am trying to compare prices of items sold +- 3 years ago to date and without being able to view the item I obviously cannot see the price it was sold.

I just proxied into your account, clicked on your userid from the selling page and then clicked on "All ratings". Went to page 108 and and then clicked on item "Photograph of The Three Kings" and was able to view the item.

I also copied the link (this one: Other Photography - Photograph of The Three Kings was sold for R70.00 on 6 Dec at 08:00 by voldermort in Cape Town (ID:6236352)) and copied it into another browser (without logon) and could view it. I am quite certain, that anyone else clicking on the above link can view the item.

Are you saying that you are able to click on any listing on the first page and it works, but the 108th page does not?

voldermort

Not just page 108, there are others as well eg: page 106 items sold to landscaper......getting the same error message, only the recent items sold seem to be fine.

MacMuffin
Not just page 108, there are others as well eg: page 106 items sold to landscaper......getting the same error message, only the recent items sold seem to be fine.

if you click on the link in the above post, does that work?

voldermort

Yes, if I click on the link it works but if I go via my ratings page I get the error message.

MacMuffin
Yes, if I click on the link it works but if I go via my ratings page I get the error message.

I sent you an email - I am hoping that we are currently talking past each other....

MacMuffin

Finally managed to figure this out and responded to voldermort via email:

"

You might have noticed in the past that our category managers reshuffle categories to allow for better placement of listings. In some instances they will also delete

categories if they deem them not applicable or if categories get merged or split up into sub-category. In your case you tried to view a listing which closed December

2007 and between then and now, the category "Modern Collectables" was removed.

Typically we will move listings from an old category to a new one, before deleting categories and I would think that in your case that did not happen. The "Deleted" category

is an administrative category and as such you can not access any items associated with it.

I don't think we will go through an exercise to revisit archived categories and move closed listings around. We will certainly improve on the error message as it is highly

confusing for everyone and I will ensure that our category managers understand that items need to be carried over.

I apologize for all the confusion and inconvenience this has created, and I regret that due to the amount of effort involved, we will not be able to move closed listings back

into the right categories if their original categories have been archived.

"

I do believe that this specific issue is a rare occurrence and was a human-oversight some years back.