Sign in to follow this  
jennyyu

DOs With Kids Toy

jennyyu

I think most parent have troubles with kid'toys. Something that I have started to do with Alex and his toys are that if I notice it has been about month or so without playing with a toy, then I take it to children who I know will use them or to goodwill. It really works, for now because he is so young, but I am going to keep doing this so that when he is older he wont tell me "no". I have noticed that kids like to keep their toys even if they don't play with them, as I'm sure Alex will try to when he gets older, but for now it works! If you decide to try this, you will be surprised at how many toys

that your baby doesn't play with, I know I was!! Or give them toys that provides more challenges. Recently, I gave him a Sourcingmap Night Vision Binoculars for his 5th birthday. He and his 3yo brother love to play pretend spies or ship captains, etc with these as regular binoculars or in the dark with the "night scope" (flashlight) feature.

ash786

great idea :D we should all take a lesson from this.

gypseygirl

I find if you divide the toys into say three different boxes, put two away and leave only one box out and change them over every month, the child does not get bored with the toys and they almost think of them as "new" toys.